Blood Thirst

Chapter 11:

[Chapter 11:]

He was the one. The one that would begin and end my life. The one that could end my life with just one bite. The one that has and for ever will have my heart.

I let out a sigh. Then I felt something fall on me. One after the other. It started to rain. Leo sat up straight and I looked up at the sky. It was pitch black. Gray clouds hovered and cried out rain on us. I felt Leo grab my hand, then I heard the wind whipping pass us.

He was running. I buried my face in to his chest again. I felt his chest move as he chuckled at my reaction. I shook my head and buried my face deeper. The rain barley hit me as we flew through it. It felt like it was sprinkling.

Then the feeling was gone. Heat was beating against my skin. I opened my eyes to find I was sitting in front of a fire place. It was huge in status and had carvings of designs and flowers increased in the marble. Above the mantle was a gorgeous painting of a family.

Leo stood in the fair right, dressed in cloths from the early 1800’s. There was Monica, Robert, and Ambellina. Then there was another amazing looking girl. She looked younger than the others. Then there was a older man and woman, though they were both amazingly beautiful.

I couldn’t help but stare at it. I felt Leo’s hand touch my arm and I jumped out of thought. He backed away from my reaction. I smiled and began to scoot closer, but he met the distance and in a flash I was on my back in the floor.

His cool breath felt like ice against my wet neck. I shivered as his lips glided across my neck, then to the line of my chin then stop at my lips, inches away. My heart was pounding, and I felt light headed. I stared into his eyes as they turned golden again.

He closed his eyes and collided his lips into mine. I began to feel dizzy as his hands found their way to my waist. He crushed his body against mine, both our body’s curved into each others. Then his weight was gone from my body.

I opened my eyes and sat up. He was huddled in a corner, as far away from me as possible. He was barley noticeably away from the light, except for his eyes. They were red. I started to come closer when a hiss came through his teeth. I leaned back from pure instinct and he darted for me.

I was flown across the room and pinned down. His hands squeezed my wrist until they felt numb. He stared down at my face. I didn’t want to look back, tears started to well up in my eyes. His hold on my wrist loosened and I looked back up. He cocked his head to the side and a load whimper escaped from his chest.

Then I couldn’t see. I was lifted up off the ground and held tightly against his body.

“I’m so sorry! Are you okay? Did I…did I bite you?” He whispered the last question. I shook my head ‘no’, and tried to free myself from him. He let me go. I didn’t know what to do or say. I didn’t even want to look up at him.

“I…I thought I was over this. My instincts got the better of me. I’m so sorry.” He whispered.

I whipped the tears that escaped from my face and looked up at his. He had his eyes closed. I wrapped my arms around his waist and put my head against his chest. Then he put his arms around me. I could barley talk.

“There’s no reason to be sorry.” I stuttered out. He removed his hands from around me and pushed my lightly away.

“No reason to be sorry? I almost…I almost killed you, Cine.”

“It wasn’t your fault.”

“Of course its my fault! I should have had better control of my instincts.” He shook his head in disgust and turned away.

“Maybe…maybe I should go.” I stuttered out through tears.

He turned around and grabbed me, pulling me in close.

“Please don’t go. You don’t have to.” He whispered into my ear. I gave in and grew limp in his arms. He then kissed me lightly on the cheek and lifted me off my feet, carrying me closer to the fire, then he sat down with me cradled in his arms. I didn’t refuse.

My eye lids started to fall. The last thing I saw was Leo looking down at me and him moving his mouth. Though I couldn’t make out what he was saying. He became a blur until he vanished from sight.