Blood Thirst

Chapter 6:

[Chapter 6:]

His teeth were bright white and they were extended longer then most peoples. For some reason, his complexion was even whiter. I didn’t think it could be possible from what it was before.

“Are you okay?” He asked, turning his smile into a grin. I just shook my head yes. All the air in my lungs was gone and I realized I was holding my breath. I gasped for air. Feeling like a idiot. He just shook his head a little.

I looked over him to find Mark sitting at another table. I guess he was giving up on me. I felt bad for him. Though, leading him on was wrong of me in the first place. Leo saw my stare and he followed it to Mark, then he looked back at me.

“Is that your boyfriend?” He asked, his grin gone and his lips pointing downwards.

My eyes grew wide. Why did he care if he was or not? I responded in a rush of words. I was holding my breath again.

“oh! No… he’s not. He’s just a friend. I think I’m letting him down…sitting here with you…instead of him.”

His grin reappeared across his beautiful face. He chuckled and looked back towards Mark. He was starring back, noticed Leo looking, and jerked his head away in embarrassment of being caught. Leo turned back, scanning my face.

“Breath Cine.” I obeyed. I couldn’t seem to breath in his presence. It took it right out of me.

“I hope you wont do this every time I try to talk to you. I would stay away, but I can’t.”

I looked at him in confusion. What does he mean he ‘can’t’. Everyone else does. What’s the difference?

“What…what do you mean…you ‘can’t’?” I stuttered out. Regretting it and sinking into my chair.

“Ah, you caught that.” He looked away from my face and at the wall. Seeming to be miles apart in thought. I just watched his face as emotions flew across it. Then, he looked back at me and grinned. I was starting to love that grin of his.

“Well...I can’t truly say…can you guess?” He shifted his eyes, looking at mine.

“Why would I need to guess? Are you trying to play a game with me?”

“hmm…” He thought about it. “Well,...it could be…if you want it to be?”

“I don’t really like games.” I folded my arms across my chest. Trying to show I wasn’t up for the mess he was trying to get me into. Or, if he was even trying to…

“Ah, then its not a game.” He straighten his posture. Without knowing, he was halfway leaning across the table at me. I couldn’t believe I didn’t notice myself.

“So…you want me to guess…but, its not a game?”

“Sure.” He halfway grinned. A little fear seemed to show in his eyes. A small whimper escaped from my chest. His eyes made me feel terrible. Deeper fear flashed in his eyes, then they claimed down, and so did I. We both sighed.

The bell rung, and he was by my side faster then I could stand up. Not being prepared, I stumbled a little backwards, tripping over my chair and came about four inches from landing on the floor. Leo caught me from my back, his face not even two inches from mine. I felt light headed.

He lifted me up, but didn’t let go. He held me by the waist in case I was to faint.

“Are you okay?” He asked, his eyes searching my face. I shook my head yes. He grabbed my bag and swung it around his shoulder, then we walked to Chemistry together.

***

After third block was over, he walked me to my fourth block and left to go to his. I was finally able to breath properly. I was also able to think straight.

The teacher, Ms. Harris, started to pass out paper. Instructing us to draw from the heart. The first thing it sent to our imagination to put on the paper. I thought it was a dumb idea.

Ms. Harris was in her fifties. Her hair was still mostly brown, but she had white and gray streaks that ran through it. She always wore colorful dresses and a flower pinned in her hair. She was a hippie, lost in the times.

I sighed and laid down my head. Just doodling a random figure, lost in thought about what Leo meant by guessing why he couldn’t stay away from me…

I was halfway asleep when the bell rung. I lifted my head in protest and started to pack up when I noticed my drawing. It was Leo. Though, even as well as the drawing looked, it couldn’t compare to the real thing.

I passed Ms. Harris’s desk to turn it in. Her eyes grew wide and she looked up at me. I shrugged and she smiled.

“This is amazing. How did you come up with this character?”

Come up with? “I didn’t make him up… he’s real.”

Her eyes grew even wider. “Really?”

I shook my head yes, and walked out the door. Then I stopped in my tracks. Answers clicking in my head.

Leo made the flowers appear in my room. He’s the one that put the rose on my doorstep. He’s beautiful beyond words. His smile. His features. His voice. His teeth…

He’s not human… he’s something else…