Lighthouse

Sunset

Someone's coming. Someone is coming.

Those words kept repeating in my head. Someone was coming.

What if it was Gerard?

I knew Anna was hoping it'd be James, but I knew that she knew that that was very unlikely. James would be dead by now, if he hadn't died when Anna did, that is.

Again the thought of what if it was Gerard went through my head. Then I remembered that Anna had mentioned that the lighthouse was cursed. What if something happened to Gerard by coming here?

I rushed up to the top of the lighthouse. Anna was still looking out the window, watching and waiting. I had a feeling she rarely ever left that spot unless she had to.

"Anna," I said. She looked at me. "What about the curse?"

She looked sad.

"I'll do whatever I can for whoever is coming," she said. I know I looked worried. "Don't worry. It's only one person. It'll be easy."

I guess I should believe her. She did save me after all. I went and stood next to Anna, staring out the window. I didn't look down though. I didn't like looking down, and not because of how high up we were.

The sun was setting and it was getting dark. The sunlight was almost completely gone, the only other light was the light from this lighthouse in this room. I looked up at the sky and saw some stars, shining brightly. I couldn't help but smile. It was beautiful.

"Riley," Anna said. I looked at her. "He'll be here tomorrow, at sunset."

I nodded my head. I planned on being right here tomorrow. I'd be watching for him. I had to see for myself if it was Gerard. I hoped deep within me that it was Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally