Another Day In Class...

Chapter 10

I thought to myself before running up the steps to the house. I heard mum in the kitchen she called my name as soon as the door shut. I slunk into the kitchen to find Taylor and her boy-toy standing with mum. I smiled weakly.

I’m in so much shit now.

“Yes mum?” I said trying to sound like I didn’t know why I was there.

“Would you like to explain what happened here? And why your sister and Trent are bruised? And why they are saying you and your friends had something to do with it?”

Trent!

He does have a name. I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out. Shit, this was it. I was dead, my life was over.

At that moment my dad walked in, “Sweet-pea, can I talk to you in the living room for a moment?” he was talking to me. Thank you dad! God I love being his favourite. I threw a half smile mum’s direction before following dad into the living room.

“Yes daddy?” I said sweetly.

“Okay you spill, what happened?” he was so understanding, he gave me the chance to have a side in things like this instead of mum who just listened to Taylor and no one else.

“Okay, well I was at the shops with MJ, Bob, Gerard and Frank…”

I started before he interrupted me. “Wait a second, who are Gerard and Frank?”

“Oh um, they transferred from New Jersey the other day. I go to school with them. They are my friends.” I smiled.

“So which one were u smooching on our front lawn just then?” He said half laughing. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. I went bright red I was sure of it.

I put my head down, “That was Frank, and there was no smooching daddy it was just a friendly ‘goodbye, I’ll see you later’ kiss.”

I could tell he didn’t believe me. He started to tickle me. I went into fits of laughter while saying, “Are you going to let me finish?”

He stopped. “Sorry, continue.” I sat back up on the lounge properly.

“Well, okay I was at the mall with the boys and MJ when Bob was carrying me around like always. Then I was on Frank’s back and we were running around the shops when he accidentally ran into Taylor and…..”

I paused because I forgot her boy-toys name again.

“Trent…” dad prompted.

“Yeah, Taylor and Trent. And yeah we got into a fight it wasn’t Frank’s fault dad I promise. He just got a bit carried away with what she was saying he was only defending me.”

“Okay, sweetie, I’ll handle your mother go and call lover boy then.” He said hugging me. I shot him a look before disappearing down to my room.

I wandered down into the basement and flopped onto the bed and I reached for my phone only to notice I had a missed call and a message; both from Frank. I smiled, I didn’t mean to but I couldn’t help it. I read the message;

“Hey sweetie, I tried calling you and you didn’t answer so either you’re grounded for life or you don’t want to talk to me because of what happened. Or you simply just missed it. For whatever reason you didn’t answer I hope you ring me back. I really want to talk to you. Love you x x x”

I couldn’t help it again I smiled. I rang him back, “Hello?”

“Frankie…I...” I started before I realised it was Gerard that answered.

“Gerard! What the fuck?! Where’s Frank?”

“Oh he’s um in the shower, and no I'm not going to walk in there and give him the phone.”

“Aww, spoil sport. Fine.” I sighed.

“Do you want me to tell him you called?” A smile grew across my face.

“No, Gee I've got to talk to him in person.” With that I hung up, probably leaving Gerard very confused. I crept upstairs only to find my dad standing there.

“Hi daddy.” I smiled.

“Hi sugar, where are you going?” he said a little above a whisper.

“To Frank’s. I need to talk to him.”

My dad smiled, “Where does he live?”

“Um, in an apartment on Walkins road near the Starbucks.”

“Come on, I’ll drive you. But be quiet.” I beamed and hugged my dad before quickly and quietly running out to his car. Dad was close behind. We both got in the car and quickly started it up and sped off down the street towards Frank and Gerard’s apartment.