Another Day In Class...

Chapter 18

“You can’t seriously think I'm afraid of you!” Jason said pushing Frank back.

“You think just because your girlfriend can fight, you can? What are you four foot tall?” Jason scoffed. Frank smirked at this.

“Of course I can fight! I grew up in New fucking Jersey! You want proof?!” Frank said pushing Jason back onto the locker, still holding onto his shirt firmly.

Jason had a look of confidence on his face but a look of horror in his eyes. Frank smiled and grabbed Jason’s arm twisting it behind his back and slamming him face first into the lockers.

He held him there before getting close to his ear, “You fuck with my girl again and this is only a tiny taste of what you’ll get. Understand?”

Jason nodded in agreement. Frank loosened his grip on Jason’s arm giving him one last shove into the lockers. Jason coughed and spun around to see Frank walking back over to me.

He got up from leaning against the lockers and wiped his nose to check for blood. Sure enough there was some, as you would expect. Jason staggered over to Frank; I pushed Frank out the way before Jason got to him.

“Out the way little girl this isn’t your fight anymore.” Jason growled. I grabbed Jason’s shoulders and brought him down as I brought my knee up to meet his groin.

I held him there as he gasped for air, I bent down to his level and whispered in his ear, “You fuck with my boyfriend, you fuck with me. Got it?”

He closed his eyes and nodded. I let him go, he fell to the ground.

“Oh and Jason, it never would have worked out between us….because I don’t date assholes!” I said walking back to Frank who put his arm around me and we moved through the crowd as they parted to let us through.

As we got to the back of the crowd I turned as I heard Jason calling out to a teacher that had been observing the event.

“Did you see what they did? Aren’t you going to do anything about that?” He sounded on the verge of tears still slightly gasping for air.

“I'm sorry Jason. I missed the whole event. As far as I'm concerned there was no event and if I were you I would seriously consider thinking the same.” I heard the teacher respond as she headed our way.

The crowd soon cleared and Jason was nowhere to be seen. The teacher reached Frank and myself who by now were in the middle of a tight embrace. The teacher came up and tapped Frank on the shoulder.

He turned suddenly letting go of his hold on me, “Miss…” Frank said nodding his head in a greeting.

“Frank I'm not going to report what you and Miss McKim did here. You showed acts of loyalty but that doesn’t make it right. Jason isn’t exactly student of the year and doesn’t make kids lives easy, but I strongly advise you both avoid him from now on. Understood?” she said making herself very clear.

Frank and I both nodded and smiled in thanks. “Right, well you both should be off to assembly with the rest of the school, Frank I believe you should already be there.”

“Shit…I mean um crap I got to go.” He said giving me a quick peck on the lips and running off. I smiled to myself.

Miss Kennedy nudged my shoulder, “Congratulations.” She said giving me a reassuring smile.

“Thanks. He’s a good guy really. He just gets carried away, sometimes. I should get going. Thanks again, Miss.” I said giving her a quick smile and running off towards the hall.

I silently slipped into the already full hall, I stood towards the back as the principal spoke about the school year so far, and there was a spare seat just in front of me that I quietly sunk into.

The principal finished her unbelievably long speech and the students unwillingly clapped just to get her off the stage. The stage was quickly cleared and instruments replaced the chairs upon the stage. I saw Frank and Gerard, Ray and Bob all wandering around backstage.

I shook off the feeling something weird was going on. A few moments later, Gerard tapped the microphone in front of him, “Hey.” He said shakily into the mic.

I couldn’t help but laugh at him. Frank then headed up to the microphone and patted Gerard on the shoulder. Gerard nodded and walked backstage again. This was defiantly odd. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder moments later; I jumped and turned to see Gerard smiling down at me.

“Gee what the hell is going on?”

“Shh, just watch and see.” He said pulling me up out my seat and turning me to face the stage.

I watched impatiently as I watched people I didn’t know set up trumpets, trombones, tambourines, and other such instruments. Bob sat behind the drums and Ray took an electric guitar Frank took the microphone.

“Hey everyone, um most of you won’t know me, I'm Frank Iero, and I'm new but this song goes out to my gorgeous girlfriend, Manda. Love you.” He said smiling and indicating to where I was.

There was a loud shuffling noise as the entire hall turned to see who he was pointing at. I felt myself go bright red. Ray began to strum his guitar and Bob began to count them in with the drum beat. Frank grinned before taking his cue to start the song.

“Since the moment I spotted you,
Like walking round with little wings on my shoes
My stomach's filled with the butterflies... ooo and it's alright
Bouncing round from cloud to cloud
I got the feeling like I'm never going to come down
If I said I didn't like it then you know I'd lied
ooo

[Pre-Chorus:]
Everytime I try to talk to you
I get tongue-tied
Turns out that everything I say to you
Comes out wrong and never comes out right

[Chorus:]
So I'll say 'why don't you and I get together and take on the world
and be together forever
Heads we will and tails we'll try again'
So I say 'why don't you and I hold each other and fly to the moon
and straight on to heaven
Cause without you they're never going to let me in' “

Frank came down off the stage and walked up the aisle to where Gerard and I were. I shied away from him as he placed a hand upon my cheek and cupped it in his hand his thumb gently stroking my cheek. A smile played on my lips. He stood in front of me and continued to sing. I couldn’t stay looking at him for more than a few seconds my eyes darted around the room, I was that embarrassed.

“When's this fever going to break?
I think I've handled more than any man can take
I'm like a love-sick puppy chasing you around
ooo and it's alright
Bouncing round from cloud to cloud
I got the feeling like I'm never going to come down
If said I didn't like it then you know I'd lied

[Pre Chorus - repeat]
[Chorus - repeat]

And slowly I begin to realize this is never gonna end
Right about the same time you walk by
And I say 'Oh here we go again, oh'

[Pre Chorus - repeat]
[Chorus - repeat x2 to fade]”

He moved back up onto the stage at the end of the song. The song ended and the audience errupted in applause. Frank bowed as did the rest of the band.

"Thanks, that was called, Why Don't You and I, originally performed by Santana and Chad Kroeger or Alex Band." He announced before departing the stage.