Another Day In Class...

Chapter 4

We walked around the corner and there it was. Frank stopped dead in his tracks before glancing over at me. I had bought him to Jimmy’s, my cousin’s tattoo parlour. I smiled before going in; he stood outside for a few more moments before following me. I walked up to the counter, where my cousin stood. Jimmy was what most people call ‘Punk.’

He had an eyebrow, lip, ear and nose piercing, as well as countless tattoos. He had hair similar to Frank’s and a whole lot of muscles.

“Hey cuz! What’s up? You got time?” I asked running up behind the counter and hugging Jimmy.

“I’ve always got time for my favourite cousin. What you after?”

“Well it’s not actually something you can do for me. It’s … um... Frank?” I said looking around for Frank who seemed to have wandered off in the shop somewhere. His head appeared from around a corner when I called his name.

“Yeah it’s something you can do for him. It was my idea though.” I said smiling and walking over to Frank, grabbing his arm and leading his towards the chair.

“Okay, what’s this big idea of yours, huh cuz?” Jimmy said examining Frank. I whispered in Jimmy’s ear what my plan was. He nodded his head in approval of my idea.

“Not bad, cuz. You’re defiantly from my side of the family.” He giggled. Frank looked worried.

Jimmy patted his shoulder reassuringly, “Don’t worry, kid. She's good at this she knows what she is doing.” He smiled and headed out into the back room. Frank gulped and relaxed into the chair.

About two minutes later Jimmy came out with some needles and colour. “Okay Frank looks like you’ve had this done before. So remember just relax. It will be over before you know it, okay buddy. Now turn your head to the left.”

Frank did as he was instructed. I walked around the shop while Frank was getting his tattoo. I couldn’t stand to watch people getting needles stuck into their skin. It made my skin crawl just thinking about it. I wandered around looking at all the pictures of tattoos Jimmy had put on people. They were pretty detailed. He was very artistic, ever since he was young. Drawing all over everything, and everyone.

About twenty minutes later, Jimmy called me over to see what I thought of his artwork. I examined it closely, “Look’s just like I imagined.” I paused a moment before my eyes widened and a smile grew across my face.

“Frank can you handle one more tattoo.” I said kind of begging him to agree.

“Hell yes!”

I told Jimmy my plan for Frank’s second tattoo. He just grinned.

“Okay Frank, pass us your knuckles, bro. This wont hurt a bit.”

Jimmy said taking Frank’s hand and he began tattooing just below his knuckles. Again I wandered off around the shop; this one didn’t take as long. I went back to see a look of pure excitement on Frank’s face.

“Wow! Oh my God. You are good at this, girl. Now what the fuck do I have on my neck?” I handed him a mirror. He held it to the side and almost dropped it. His mouth hung open.

“I love it! Thanks!” I smiled and Jimmy hugged me into him and told me he was proud of me. So Frank and I walked out of Jimmy’s, Frank with two new tattoos; a scorpion on his neck and the word “Halloween” across his knuckles. He seemed happy so I was happy, and because I'm Jimmy’s favourite it didn’t cost us anything.