Another Day In Class...

Chapter 43

MJ put a hand on my leg and pulled away quickly when she felt the blood. “What the fuck?!” she yelled looking at me concerned. “Ray…Ray’s dead!” I stuttered out.

Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. She looked from me to Frank to Gerard as if waiting for one of us to burst out laughing and then have Ray pop out randomly and yell ‘Gotcha.’ But it wasn’t going to happen. I knew better. I glanced at Gerard and for some reason he didn’t look the slightest bit upset or confused or even frightened. I rubbed MJ’s arm sympathetically and rose from the ground, Frank quickly taking my place in comforting her.

I grabbed Gerard’s arm and dragged him out into the still hauntingly dark hallway. I got a slight shiver up my spine as he looked at me. I shrugged it off and shoved him against the hand rail of the stairs. “What is you’re childhood trauma!? You’re best friend’s dead and you don’t seem to care?!”

I stared into his cold emotionless eyes waiting for some sort of explanation. None came.

“Gerard! Answer me you asshole!” I yelled at him. He blinked and then pushed past me and walked into the room Alicia and Mikey were in setting up candles. I sighed in frustration and then followed him.

“Mikey…” I heard Gerard say in a soft croaky voice. “Yeah bro?” came Mikey’s reply from inside the room.

“You done?” He asked in the same tone. I heard Mikey laugh so I figured Gerard meant with whatever him and Alicia were doing.

“Yeah bro I am. Didn’t take long…” Mikey trailed off. Now I was confused.

Slightly.

Gerard was about to enter the room when he turned so quickly on his heels I didn’t see it coming. He saw me and he glared at me.

“Get back to MJ and Frank.” He growled. I was too scared to move. Gerard came towards me and stood in front of me. He raised a hand to just above my head and was about to bring it down when Frank appeared at the doorway.

“Gerard what the fuck are you doing?!” he ran to my side and pulled me behind him.

Gerard glared at Frank and then let a low growl escape from the back of his throat and mumbled something under his breath before slinking back towards the room with Mikey and Alicia in it.

Frank turned around placing his hands on both my shoulders and looking down into my eyes. “What happened sweetie?” he asked concerned.

I sighed heavily and looked up at him. “Oh Jesus baby you’re shaking so bad come on. Let’s get you warmed up.” He cooed.

I nodded my head slightly and walked back with him into the spare room where MJ and Gee had been setting up candles. He rushed over to the bed and told me to sit down as he wrapped a blanket around my shoulders. MJ rushed over from the dresser and sat next to me I could tell she was crying. I pulled the blanket around us both and cuddled her into me trying to comfort her. She cried against my shoulder and was mumbling incoherently.

Frank got up from the bed and went to exit the room, I snapped at him, “Where the hell are you going?!”

“To go knock some God damn sense into Gerard!” I glanced at MJ her eyes were red from crying I smiled at her sympathetically and rushed over to Frank.

“You aren’t leaving this room! Not on your own!” I snapped again. “I’ll be fine babe.” He said kissing my forehead and walking out.

“That’s what they always say before the end up dead!” I yelled after him, my voice echoing in the hallway. No less than two minutes later I heard Frank scream. My eyes widened and I was about to run out the room when …

To be continued…