Learning to Fall

Your Call

“So what’s going on with you and Georg? He totally likes you.”

I looked up at Kari with a frown. If she saw something I didn’t she needed to speak up right now but of course I wasn’t going to tell her I liked him too. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Kari,” I said trying to play it cool.

“Give it up Jade. Xanny told me you like him,” Kari said rolling her eyes.

I glared at Xanny who shrugged innocently. “What can I say? Kari can be very convincing. Anyway you can admit you like him now. No more secrets.”

I sighed and nodded. “He’s really sweet and funny and so cute. He has the most amazing green eyes,” I said softly.

“He does have nice eyes. Not as nice as Tom’s but they’re nice,” Lys said distractedly as she began cleaning up all the popcorn that was on the floor.

“All you think about is Tom,” Kari said as she pulled the vacuum out of the closet and plugged it in.

“He’s my boyfriend Kari. What do you expect me to do? Pretend he doesn’t exist?” Lys asked with the same distracted tone.

“No. Just don’t talk about him like the whole world revolves around him.” Kari said rolling her eyes again.

“Guys. Knock it off. We have to find a way to get them together,” Xanny said smacking Lys and Kari softly upside the head.

“No. No one is setting me up with Georg. That is not happening.” I said glaring at Xanny again.

“And why not?” She asked folding her arms across her chest.

“Because she is shy. Now leave the poor shy girl alone Xanthia,” Kari said as she turned on the vacuum.

I felt the pang of a huge migraine starting to form and I winced. “Guys, I’m gonna go upstairs. I have the worst migraine right now,” I muttered as I started to leave.

Xanny ran over and grabbed my hand, taking my cell phone out of it. “This is Georg’s number,” she said as she typed in a few numbers. “Text him. I’m sure it’ll make his night,” She added as she walked up the stairs ahead of me.

I blinked staring down at my phone. I had his number. I could call him, or text him whenever I wanted. Should I do it now? I didn’t want to seem like I was stalking him but I did miss him already. I sighed and pulled out my phone writing a short brief text.

Hey Georg, It’s Jade. Xanny gave me your number hope that’s okay.

I bit my lip, hoping he wouldn’t think I was weird. I walked upstairs to Lys' room and flopped down on her bed with a huge sigh.

"So? Did you do it?" Xanny asked as she came out of the bathroom.

"Shouldn't you be helping them downstairs?" I muttered, just wanting to be left alone for a while.

"They don't need me. They're gonna start killing each other over something in about five seconds anyway," Xanny answered just as the sound of a vase breaking from the living room was heard followed by Lys' angry voice yelling at Kari in German I didn't understand.

My phone vibrated and I glanced at it seeing a text from Georg. I was hoping she would do that. How are you?

I smiled. Maybe he did like me. All I could do was dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long!

Title Credit: Your Call by Secondhand Serenade.

Torn,
Joanie.