I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Of course when we told the guys that Elliot was staying with us for a while, they freaked out and said that it was bad enough that one human knew about the existence of immortals, but two? Then I told them that he already knew and he had the power to know when he was being lied to because his mother was a sun. They sort of nodded to each other and said it was perfectly fine for him to stay here, but they weren’t sharing a bed with him. So, because Kayne’s cousin, Dylan, was staying there, Elliot had to sleep in my bed. With me.
Yes, this actually excited me a bit, but I acted absolutely the first night. Which happened to be what I’m about to start you back off on.
“You’re damn lucky that I’m so generous because all your friends died.” I stated. He merely smiled at me and snuggled up closer to me. I rolled my eyes and then realized something.
“YOU BASTARD!” I screamed, kicking him hard in the shins and beating his (bare) chest with all the might in my fists. He rolled on top of me so I couldn’t kick him anymore. I continued hitting him with my fists.
“Woah, woah, woah, what did I do?” He asked, grabbing my fists. I squirmed under his weight.
“You have yet to give me my ipod back, you son of a bitch!” I retorted. He smirked at me.
“You know that I don’t really intend on giving it back, right?” He stated. I squirmed some more to get free from this trap. It was no use.
“KAYYYYY!” I screamed. I heard her groan from her side of the room. I giggled a little bit.
“No. too late. More sleep. Save yourself.” I heard the shuffling of blankets and assumed she had rolled over. I frowned. Elliot laughed at me. I glared at him.
“It’s a good thing you smell good, because otherwise I would make you and your half naked ass sleep on the floor,” I said. He pinned my arms above my head and pressed some weight down on his hands so he raised himself off of me slightly. I suddenly became aware of the low cut cami and short cloth shorts I was wearing as his eyes grazed my body. If he hadn’t been under the covers, too, he wouldn’t have been able to see anything but my head. I would have pulled the top of my cami up a little bit, but I couldn’t while he had me pinned down. Suddenly, I heard the door open.
“Triv, I was wondering… okay, I’ll leave you two alone, then,” Dylan said awkwardly.
“NO DYLAN HELP!” I screamed.
“Yeah, I’m out. Threesomes aren’t my thing,” he said as he shut the door. Of course Elliot was laughing by now.
“You really think this is funny, don’t you? I would kick you if you weren’t on top of me.” I spat. Suddenly he grinned mischievously. I glared at him. He pulled my arms down to my sides somehow and was basically hugging me so that I didn’t squirm my way free.
“Uhh… what the hell are you doing?” I asked. Out of the blue, he buried his face into my neck. He left small butterfly kisses all over it and started to leave a hickey. “Elliot…. Elliot, are you trying to seduce me?” I pestered.
“Just sit still and it’ll be over before you know it,” he said. I panicked,
“RAAAAPE! RAPE! KAY HE’S TRYING TO RAPE ME! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE! THERE IS A RAPIST ON TOP OF ME! DEAR GOD, YOU PEOPLE ARE SLOW! RAAAAAAPE!” I screamed. The door opened. “Oh, thank God.” I said.
“I WANNA JOIN IN!” Kayne exclaimed, pouncing on the bed.
“RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!” I screamed again. They were laughing, but I was freaking out.
“Victrivia, chill out. We were kidding. Or at least I was…” Elliot said, looking at Kayne. Kayne smiled and nodded. I noticed that at this Elliot’s grip had loosened.
“YOU SON OF A BITCH!” I screamed. I flipped over so that I was on top of Elliot. I was sitting on his stomach and I was attempting to pin down his arms.
“SHUT THE HELL UP BEFORE I SLAP ALL THREE OF YOU!” Kay fumed. This time we all laughed.
“Fine. I’m going to sleep on the couch. I’d rather cuddle up next to Dylan than listen to you three have sex in here.” She proclaimed and stormed out of the room. We were cracking up and when the laughing died down, Elliot threw me off of him and I fell to the floor.
“Ouch, dude. I fucking hate you. You’re impossible to sleep with. I’m leaving.” I said.
“That’s what she said,” Elliot exclaimed.
“Yes, that is what I said,” I stated and grabbed my pillow and walked out.
“YOU’RE NOT SLEEPING IN MY ROOM!” Kayne called as I slammed the door. I immediately went to Ari’s room. The lights were off, but I heard him talking. Ohhhkay. Not going in there. Kayne was off the list. OFF TO FIND KAVAN! I walked down the hall and was about to open the door when I heard some lady screaming “Yes, yes! Keep going, baby, faster!”
Haha. Okay that was gross. I’m not sharing a bed with [i[him ever again. Looks like I was lowered to one last option—Nuri. Oh skippedy dee! I knocked on his door and then stepped to the side in case he came out with a shotgun. You never know with that kid.
“Just a second,” He called and I heard shuffling of papers and then the opening of a drawer. No doubt he was writing in that little journal of his. The door opened and a quizzical was given to me. His hair was messy and he looked like shit.
“…Elliot tried to rape me. Kayne’s room’s off limits and Kavan’s having sex. Can I crash in here?” I asked as quietly as possible. He looked like he actually pondered on it for a moment but then he nodded and opened the door further and gestured me in. I was utterly confused, but I wasn’t about to push my luck and ask him why he’d decided to be nice about it. I took a glance toward his dresser and noticed a corner of boxers sticking out of the shut drawer. Multiple drawers were like that. It was bothering me, so I walked over and started to fix them, from the top down.
“What are you doing?” He questioned when I opened the drawer that I knew the journal was in. I glanced back at him as I began pushing his boxers to fit inside the drawer with my finger so I didn’t have to touch them too much. When he asked this, his voice wasn’t utterly annoyed. It confused me. He was usually pissed off with everything I did and the fact that I knew fully well that he hated me confused me.
“I’m fixing your drawers. They were annoying me.” I explained. He nodded and walked over to his desk and began writing in a notebook. I was tempted to look over his shoulder and see what he was writing, but hovering over him was a good way to get me kicked out. I had fixed the last drawer before I finally decided to ask.
“What are you writing?” I inquired. Nuri looked back at me and his facial expression wasn’t in an angry state, but more like pleasant. I was so puzzled by this that it took me a second to understand when he answered my question.
“I’m writing a song. I do this when I get bored. It calms me down and I’m a lot more decent after I’ve written a few.” He replied. So that was the explanation as to why he was being so nice. My heart sort of sank. I thought that maybe he was beginning to like me rather than despise me. I didn’t show it.
“Oh. Okay.” Was all I said before I grabbed my pillow and flopped onto his bed. He shut off the lamp on his desk and crawled in next to me. He was already asleep after a good five minutes. He was truly a confusing creature. I fidgeted a lot. I couldn’t stop thinking about what he’d been writing in his journal before I’d come inside. It obviously wasn’t often that he wrote very much in there. The fact that he wasn’t done when I’d knocked proved that something had either changed or it was time again for him to write. Finally, after I’d been moving around so much that I was sure he was a hard enough sleeper for me to get up and rifle through his drawers without him waking up, I got out of the bed. When he didn’t wake up, I walked over to the dresser and pulled open the first drawer, and realized that I didn’t have much of a choice but to touch his underwear, I cringed.
Deciding that finding out what he’d written was more important than not touching underwear, I pushed all the boxers aside with the movement of my hand and opened the compartment. I forgot about the fact that it creaked, and when I opened it, my heart jumped. I looked over at Nuri, who rolled over and mumbled something in his sleep. I let out a sigh of relief and pulled the notebook out, then shut the compartment as fast as I could. I put the notebook under my shirt, sucking in a lot and decided that there was nothing I could do about the square in my shirt. If I just walked around with a notebook under my arm, it would be a lot less suspicious compared to a square stomach.
I began humming ‘That’s What She Said’ to myself as I walked to the bathroom and locked the door as I sat down on the toilet and flipped through the pages.
[i[July 27, 2008
Dear Journal,
My entries are becoming much more frequent, I have noticed. About every month. I’m beginning to take a slight liking toward this Victrivia girl. I no longer can read her thoughts because she got her necklace. I fear that if I become too close to her, the same thing Sarah did to me all those years ago will recur. I don’t want that to happen, so I try and distance myself from her. I know it’s a one in a million shot, journal, but I’m liking her more and more every month. First I despised her. Now I don’t really hate her very much. It’s very bizarre. Because of my unethical fears, I refuse to let myself become close to her. I understand that it’s not likely. But the fact that she has all the traits of Sarah, right down to the thin eyebrows and intoxicating grey-green eyes, has to be a one in a billion and four shot. It’s so unlikely, it scares me. I would never admit this to her face, journal, but Victrivia’s features scare the hell out of me.
I honestly don’t understand why myself. Maybe it’s because all of those decades ago, I had fallen in love with a girl who could be Victrivia’s clone. I’m not quite sure, but I think that and the fact that she is a—Excuse me, THE Ultimate Sun, has something to do with it, too. I guess it’s just one of those things in eternal life that you have to go with your gut with. And my gut is telling me that this girl is big trouble. With the powers of being an angel, I know that she has had a tragic experience in her life. But these powers of mine don’t tell me what this experience is. It is her choice to tell me or not.
But, oh, how I ponder on what this tragic experience could be. I want to know so badly, but the only way for me to find out is for her to tell me, herself. And that would require me getting close to her. As I have pointed out earlier in this entry, that is simply not going to happen. Or so I hope, anyway.
Yours truly,
Nuri
I stared at the page in utter shock. What exactly is a ‘slight liking toward’ supposed to mean? Does that mean he no longer hates me? If I would have read the first three or four sentences of that first paragraph, I would assume that he likes me. But if he’s afraid I’ll go Sarah-demon on him, does that mean he still hates me? I skimmed through the paragraph again and stopped as I reread the last three sentences and smiled.
“But the fact that she has all the traits of Sarah, right down to the thin eyebrows and intoxicating grey-green eyes, has to be a one in a billion and four shot. It’s so unlikely, it scares me. I would never admit it to her face, journal, but Victrivia’s features scare the hell out of me.”
I couldn’t help but take pride in it. Nuri was scared of me. NURI was SCARED of ME! It was so utterly ridiculous, I couldn’t believe it. My features scared the fuck out of Nuri. It was too good to be true. I skimmed through paragraph two and stopped at the last few sentences. He knew. Nuri knew that I’d had that… run-in all the way back then. I tried to push the thoughts aside like I’d done every single time it came up, but this time I couldn’t.
Someone knows.
I couldn’t stop these thoughts from going through my head. He knows. He KNOWS! If he ever figures it out, he’ll tell eight hundred and seventy nine people and then I’ll be screwed. I’ll be looked at just like I was before I left after it happened. I can’t let this happen again. This time, if I go down, I’m taking the eternally damned with me.
I itched my nose with my finger and was utterly amazed when my finger came back wet. I looked in the mirror. My mascara and eye liner were run down my cheeks and my eyes were blood shot. I was crying. I hadn’t cried for real for so long. Of course, there was that little thing with Nuri a while ago, but save for that and I hadn’t cried since the reason that I’m crying actually happened.
I skimmed through the next page and it said that Nuri had overcome his fears of me being like Sarah, and that he was going to try and be nicer to me from now on. I smiled at this. At least it would mean no more enemies for me. I read the very last line, the one he hadn’t finished.
[i[She is no more than an acquaintance as of this point, but I would like for us to be f
It cut off there. Friends was the word, obviously. My heart sort of sank. I guess in all of this, I’d gotten my hopes up that he would like me and he wants us to be friends. Oh well. I looked back in the mirror. My eye makeup was still all over my cheeks and my eyes were still red and puffy. It was obvious that I was crying, and some tears I’d yet to wipe still had yet to dry off. I sniffed my nose, and put the notebook in front of my face to cover it up. I’d rather someone catch me with Nuri’s journal than catch me crying. Luckily, I’d gotten back to Nuri’s room with no questions asked.
I put the notebook away neatly and crawled back into his bed. As I began thinking of my past again, I found myself silently crying until I started crying louder, eventually waking Nuri up. By this time, I was too emotional to even speak right.
“Victrivia, what’s wrong?” he asked, groggily, but concerned nonetheless.
“I—I and yo—you a—and” I sobbed out. He had no idea what I was trying to say, but didn’t ask anymore questions, but hugged me close and began cooing into my ear. If I wasn’t such a mess at that point, I would have been confused and pulled away, but I was having an emotional breakdown, so I clung to Nuri with my life and cried into his chest as he tried to calm me down.
“Shhhh, it’s all going to be okay. I promise, you’re fine.” He soothed. Eventually, I’d calmed down enough to talk, but he never asked me why I’d had that breakdown. He just cooed into my ear, telling me that it was all going to be okay, obviously having no idea why I’d been crying. I was glad he didn’t ask again. Eventually, I fell asleep with him holding me like that. I’m not going to lie to you guys, either. Honestly, I loved it.
Nuri’s POV
That night was so confusing. I knew that there had to be some important reason as to why she’d been crying, and I had a feeling that it had something to do with that tragic experience of hers. I thought hard about what it could have been. Rape? Maybe. She’d said she was a virgin a while ago, but you never know. Had her parents abused her? Possible. I gave up on trying to think of what had gone in her life. If she wanted to tell me, she would. I looked down at her. It was ten thirty. She’d be waking up soon. She was utterly gorgeous when she slept. I wouldn’t tell her that, but it was damn true. At this point, I was happy that she was in my arms. I looked at her and felt a pang of hurt when I thought of Sarah.
Damn her. Sarah, I mean. Because that woman was a damn traitor, I would never be able to appreciate the stunning work of art that was snuggled up into my chest. Sarah had betrayed me in every way possible. I’d trusted that girl more than I’d trusted myself. I was so naïve. I looked down at Victrivia. There was no way she could be a demon. She had the markings. No one could read her mind when she put the necklace on. Something about her still gave me that gut feeling, leaving me skeptical. The one thing that sucks about this gut feeling is that I have no idea how I would end up hurt in the end if it turned out right.
I was brought out of my thoughts when Victrivia sneezed… How does one sneeze in their sleep? I looked down into the endless sea of green that she called her eyes. Mascara was still smeared all down her cheeks. I smiled at her.
“You were either faking being asleep or you sneezed yourself awake.” I stated. She grinned back at me and rolled away from me slightly.
“I didn’t know sneezing yourself awake was possible until today… and why are you extremely warm?” She asked randomly. I pulled her back to me.
“Because you’re here,” I replied, staring her square in the face. She blushed slightly and pondered for a moment.
I heard her stomach growl just as she said, “I’m so hungry,” I looked down at her stomach and chuckled slightly. I’d forgotten what it was like to have to eat all the time. Sure, I could still eat human food, but that didn’t really mean that I wanted to. Not usually, anyway. She smiled back at my laughter and squirmed out of my arms and walked out of the bedroom. I groaned and rolled over. I really didn’t want to get up, but there was no good reason to stay in this bed anymore. I laid there in silence, staring at the ceiling, day dreaming about what Victrivia’s past could have been like. If it was rape, she would either be all over guys all the time or she would be afraid to come near one in general. Or so I thought, anyway. In my time of being an angel, I’d never really dealt with a rape victim.
Maybe if she were to be raped, who would it have been by? It could be date-rape. Had a boyfriend. Just wanted to kiss him. He took it too far. Called her a slut afterward, maybe. She could have been raped for real, too. Coming back from a party, drunk. She was drunk when I brought her back here from that party all those months ago, and the cops weren’t escorting her home, so I assumed that if she were to have a plan, she’d done it quite a few times before, possibly on a regular basis before her life flipped upside down. Some guy could have pulled her into a shed in a backyard, alleyway, whatever. Easily done right there. I was brought back to reality when I heard Victrivia scream for me.
“Ehmagah! NURI!” She screeched. I bolted down the stairs and into the living room, only to see her standing all in one piece, pointing out the window.
“Don’t tell me that you called me down because a bee got inside the house. You scared the shit out of me. I thought someone was trying to get inside!” I scolded.
“No, look!” She exclaimed, pointing out the window again. I reluctantly looked at the window, expecting to see a fly or a stinkbug or some other unpleasant insect that she was afraid of, but saw nothing but flakes of snow falling outside.
“All I see is snow.” I stated, getting annoyed.
“In August?” I opened my mouth to say something but shut it again. It was August. Snow didn’t come in August. Unless you lived in… Antarctica. Or wherever the North Pole is. Shut up. Stop laughing. You really think I would know? I looked at her and pondered. It was peculiar.
“Good point. That is the weirdest thing I’ve yet to see.” I stated. I grabbed the remote from the couch and turned on the news.
“--At home watching right now, you’ve probably noticed the snow flurries all over the U. S. that seem to have appeared from no where. Roads are blocked, and meteorologists say that if precipitation keeps falling at this rate, all highways will be blocked off by Sunday, causing major problems for much of society. Back to you, Paul”
Victrivia shook her head and walked out of the room. I watched them talk about traffic for a bit until I heard the front door open. I walked out into the hallway and saw the front door open. The odd cold off August seemed to be seeping into the house. I looked outside and saw that Victrivia was in snow boots, making a snowman.
“Are you insane?” I questioned, looking her up. She was still wearing a cami and short shorts that she’d worn to bed. She threw a ball of snow at me and stuck out her tongue. “Get back inside, before I ground you!” I lectured, shaking the snow out of my hair. She walked back inside and kicked off her boots, smiling.
“Kayne Kavan Ari and Elliot all left. They left a note. They said that the odd temperatures could only be the doing of some immortal that can manipulate the elements or something like that. And Kay texted me earlier. She’d been on a date with Dylan before they ended up snowed in at the mall in Erie. Don’t ask me how the hell they got there so fast, but they did it.” She explained. I was about to say something when the television started beeping. I whipped around to look at it.
The National Weather Information Agency has issued a severe weather warning for the following counties:
I skimmed it and kicked a chair. Damn. If the snow continued, then the guys wouldn’t be able to come back after a while. This was not good. I looked out the window again and cursed when I saw the freezing rain coming down. At this temperature, it would only become frozen, causing roads to be even more dangerous. This wasn’t possible. It was August. How in the world could this happen? My thoughts were cut short again when Victrivia interrupted them.
“We should make hot chocolate and popcorn and watch a scary movie!” She exclaimed giddily. I smiled at her adorable reaction to all of this. I guess she didn’t understand that it was all a bad thing. Either that, or she was trying to make me feel better about all of it. I nodded, and she skipped off to the kitchen. I looked through the DVD case, trying to find a GOOD scary movie that the chuckle-heads here could own, but the only DVD they had that wasn’t a movie that was made back in the forties was the older version of Halloween. This was as good as it was going to get unless we wanted to watch the black and white version of Godzilla.
She came back into the room with a huge pitcher full of hot chocolate (don’t ask me where she got it), two empty mugs and two relatively large bowls of popcorn. I put the DVD in and the movie should have started, but we were having technical difficulties.
Triv’s POV
I’d never seen Halloween, but I was determined to get through the next half hour without screaming. We’d put blankets and things all over the windows so that it was dark and gave the movie the full effect. So I resorted to hiding behind Nuri throughout the entire movie. He watched me in amusement and laughed when I jumped, squealed, or hid. I watched between Nuri’s fingers as Mike walked up to… damn I can’t remember her name. I’d given up using my fingers to hide my face because Nuri would take advantage of the fact that I could only see the TV and poke me in the sides during the dramatic parts. It tickled and scared the shit out of me every time. So I held his hands over my eyes and watched as Mike had the girl in a corner and she began to tear up. Just as he was about to strike, the TV went dark and I screamed bloody murder and paid no mind to any personal space that Nuri might have wanted.
I wasn’t done screaming when I heard him laughing at me. I shut my mouth and smacked his arm. Or at least that’s what I aimed for.
“What time is it?” he asked after laughing. I reached to pull my phone out of my bra and slid it open.
“Four forty seven. The movie couldn’t have been that long.” I stated in disbelief. I was still on top of him, but he didn’t appear to be complaining and honestly, neither was I.
“So,” he said. I looked up to the outline of his head and wished that I could have seen it.
“Does the change of weather mean that the sun’s going down early, too?” I inquired. He didn’t answer for a while, so I assumed he was thinking about it. Finally he spoke.
“We’ll find out. Usually in winter, the sun goes down at five thirty.” He replied. I nodded, stupidly, not realizing that he couldn’t see me.
“So what do you want to do?” I asked. Since there was nothing to do with technology and we were snowed in, we had no choice but to find something to entertain us.
“Uhh… Twenty questions?” He offered. I giggled but gave my approval. He shifted his weight under me so that we were more comfortable. I waited for him to think of the first question.
“Okay, how long have you known Kay?” he asked. I grinned. This was a good question. And it was one that I wouldn’t mind answering, either.
“Since we were six.” I replied.
“Woah. That’s a while to stay friends with someone for a mortal.” He stated, pulling me down so we were laying on the couch and I was facing him.
“Okay, my turn. Uhhm… favorite color?” I asked. It was a dumb question, but who really cares?
“Green. Come on. No favorite questions like that. How about some real questions.” He said.
“You’re on. Your question now though,” I added the last part quickly.
“How many guys have you kissed in your lifetime?” he questioned. This was not a fun question. I honestly had no idea because I’d been drunk for a LOT of them.
“I honestly have no clue. New rule: we both have to answer the question we ask. You’re not getting off easy on that one. How many people have you kissed?” I asked.
“I have no clue, either. I’ve definitely had my fair share. How many boyfriends have you really loved in your past?” He questioned.
“What’s with the personal questions?” I opposed. He was getting too comfortable asking me questions about what should be my business and no one else’s.
“You have to answer!” He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at his immature-ness.
“Three. What about you?” I exchanged.
“One. Maybe two,” he added the last part quietly, but being right next to him, I heard it and felt my heart jump for a moment. I tried to think of something to ask but drew a blank. I strained my brain to think of something to ask. I breathed in his scent and found my question.
“Who was the best-smelling girl you’ve met?” I asked. He might have given me a weird look, but I couldn’t see in the darkness. He cleared his throat and oh-so subtly wrapped his arms around me.
“What exactly do you mean by that?” he pondered. I smiled, knowing he couldn’t see it.
“Like, have you ever met a girl that you wanted to be close to all the time for a reason none other than the fact that she smells good?” I explained. He laughed and I wished that the lights were on for me to see the smile that was bound to be on his face.
“One of the girls that I’d helped in the past. Name was Tara. She was gorgeous. Always smiling. Red-head. Blue eyes. She was so pretty. And she had the most intoxicating home-made perfume I’d ever breathed in until the twentieth century.” He answered. I giggled a little bit and I felt his arms squeeze me slightly. Barely enough to notice, but I was utterly aware of the limbs wrapped around me.
“Who was the best-smelling guy you’ve ever met?” He questioned. I thought about it really hard. I recalled Ray’s cousin, Lukahs, when he had broken up with Kay. I’d hunted the kid down and slapped him hard across the face, but then he came onto me. I grinned remembering the satisfying black and blue mark that was on his face when he came over Ray’s again two days later. When it all turned out that they’d broken up over a misunderstanding, Kay didn’t like Lukahs anymore, and was perfectly fine with the fact that I’d been seeing him. I remember that the relationship was short-lived because he was only seeing Ray for that summer and had to move away. He was the best-smelling boy I’d ever met, and to this day that still hadn’t changed.
“Lukahs, Ray’s cousin.” I answered. I didn’t inform him of the past that Lukahs and I had.
“How did you meet this Lukahs?” he asked. I had a feeling he was going to ask this.
“He was Ray’s cousin and he stayed with Ray for an entire summer before he moved away, back to where he lives with his family,” I explained.
“Ah. Your question.” He stated. What? But I asked him… huh?
“I asked you that question.” I replied, confused. He laughed again and I would have smiled if it weren’t for the fact that I didn’t get this.
“No because I asked you how you met Lukahs and I’d already told you how I’d met Tara. So now it’s your turn again,” He explained. Oh.
“Oh. Okay. Uhhh. Well I can’t think of a good question, so who would you rather: Tara or Kay?” I asked. I smiled triumphantly. This was a good question for me. I didn’t even really know if he liked Kay or not, but I didn’t know about any other girls he’d known other than Sarah, and I assumed that if there was a who would you rather between Sarah and Tara… woah their names rhyme! Okay, well I guess he’d pick Tara. If Sarah’d betrayed him like that, then he had all the reason to choose her over Sarah, anyway. So it would make sense.
“Tara,” he answered easily. Figures. “Who would you rather: Lukahs or Kavan?” he asked. I laughed. This was pretty easy.
“Lukahs. You’ve never met him, but he’s fucking sexy as hell. So that’s easy.” I replied. He laughed, but it was more of a nervous laugh than a haha laugh.
“Okay. Uhhh. Well I can’t think of anything so what are your favorite bands?” He asked. I giggled again, but caught myself and tried to stop from giggling flirtatiously like I’d kept doing.
“I have two. Escape the Fate and A Day to Remember.” I replied. I waited for him to say something.
“Escape the Fate? Ari’s shown me them before. My favorite song by them is There’s No Sympathy for the Dead.” I smiled wide.
“That guitar solo is beast as hell. I would fuck Monte Money everyday of my life, after every meal. He is so sexy. AND he’s got the best sound I’ve ever heard.” I fantasized about Monte Money checking me out at a concert and me being in the very front row. Ohhhh, baby. The things I would do to that man…
“Dude you’re a creeper,” he teased. I glared at him in the darkness. I wished the lights were on. I shivered. What the hell? Wasn’t there heating in this house.
“Why is it so cold?” I asked. I felt him shrug.
“I guess because the power’s out, so is the heat.” He said. I nodded, even though he couldn’t see me. I shivered again and he got up.
“Do you want a blanket or something?” he offered, sounding concerned. I smiled. At least he cared. He sounded concerned about my staying warm.
“Sure, I guess. It’s freezing in here,” I said, wrapping my arms around myself. I was telling the truth. Being so close to Nuri, I guess I’d just not noticed from the heat of his body, but now that he’d gotten up, I noticed the utter coldness of the room. My eyes began to adjust to the darkness and I saw Nuri walked out of the room for like, two seconds, and then reappear with a blanket. I smiled at him and wrapped it around myself. I could see the shape of the half empty pitcher of hot chocolate sitting on the coffee table. I picked up my empty mug and filled it up, drinking it. I felt the warm liquid splash through my felt and was satisfied.
“I wonder how snowy it is,” I pondered aloud, and looked out the window. Woah. When had we pulled down the blankets? I glanced down at my phone. It was five forty five and it looked like it had been dark outside for a bit. The freezing rain had stopped, but I could see the toll it took on the trees. The ice coated the twigs and branches and it looked like the water had frozen before it could make it off the tree. Icicles were on everything. I was mesmerized by the way the ice coated everything on the tree. It was a stunning miracle of nature, to me anyway. Snow fell from the sky, but it was quiet snow, and it fell slowly. There were many feet of snow on the ground and the ice trees were just beginning to be coated with the falling white flakes.
“It’s beautiful,” I stated in awe. Nuri walked up behind me and rested his hands on my hips.
“Indeed it is. I accede completely, but the comparison between a specific individual and a maple tree is simply and purely illogical. This tree is nothing in contrast with this creature of utter beauty.” He replied. I strained my mind to translate what he’d said into something that was easier to understand.
Accede=agree. He agrees completely but in comparison between a specific individual and a maple tree—Meaning that a certain person is being put in comparison to a tree. And then he says it’s not smart. The tree is nothing compared to the… certain person? So who’s the person? I felt my heart flutter at this question. I decided to pull some V for Vendetta out and use that to sound smart to his long and confusing speech.
“I would ask you who this specific individual is, but who is but the form following the function of what, and you’d already explained that this certain persona is a creature of utter beauty,” I stated triumphantly.
For those of you who have no idea what I just asked him, I basically said that I’d ask him who the certain person is, but I already know he wouldn’t tell me. He turned me around to look at me. He was smirking and I smiled.
“I can see you’re very literate.” He said. I nodded and I grinned wider. “That’s good. Utter beauty can’t get a creature everything,” He added, winking. I giggled when it hit me that it was me who he’d been comparing to the tree. I glanced at the tree once more. It would have made the best still-life painting ever painted in my book. I looked back at Nuri and saw that he was staring me in the face.
“Twenty questions,” I said quickly, not knowing what else to say to him.
“Okay. I’ll start. Do you want to kiss me as much as I want to kiss you right now?”
Before I even was given the chance to understand what he’d said, I was locked into the most heart fluttering kiss I’ve ever been embraced with. I closed my eyes and kissed back with full force, wrapping my arms around his neck. I was in utter bliss, and enjoying it very much, I’ll have you know. Out of all the guys in this house that I’d kissed, Nuri was definitely the best kisser so far. I’ll tell you that much and leave you guys on that mark.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG. That took me ten minutes. ugh. So this chaper was about 15 pages in length on MW. Yup. Nothing else to say. Comments?
KLOVEYOUALL!
-molly.