I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

“WAKE UP!” Ari screamed at the door. I groaned and rolled over and pulled on Elliot’s t-shirt. It fell to my lower thighs. I opened the door and crossed my arms, giving him a very hostile look.

“Ari. Do you have any fucking clue as to what time it is right now?” I inquired bitterly. The light from the hallway was practically blinding me. Ari was dressed as if it were four in the afternoon rather than four in the morning.

“Get dressed. I’ll explain later. Wake up sleeping beauty over there, too. Everyone needs to get up.” He said in a rush, before hurrying down the hall. I heard Elliot groan from the bed.

“If he really thinks that he’s going to get me out of this entirely too comfortable bed before the sun comes up, he’s fucking insane. Come back to bed.” He stated. I laughed and pulled off his shirt, throwing it onto his face before jumping into the shower.

After I was done with my personal hygiene, I put on a baby-doll top and another pair of skinnies. I was just lacing on my chucks when I heard Ari come knocking onto the door again.

“Aren’t you up yet?” He urged.

“I’m awake, jeeze. I’m almost done getting ready, dude. Chill the fuck out.” I replied, rather annoyed. I hadn’t even noticed Elliot get out of bed, but he walked right up to the door, dressed and ready. I was amazed that he’d gotten ready before me. Then again, he didn’t shower and I did…

“What the hell do you want?” Elliot whined.

“We need to go to the next island. The volcano erupted. It’s insane! They’ve been inactive for so long, it has to be our weather bender again! Hurry up!” He exclaimed. I pondered on how he knew about this, but decided against asking.

I grabbed Elliot’s hand and walked out of the room. We got onto the elevator and he pressed the button. Once the doors closed, I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye, so I turned to look at him smiling, but then my smile faded because his look was serious.

“I think this might be the start of the war.” Elliot said. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“You’re not exactly what one would call an optimistic, are you?” I teased. He gave me a half-assed smile.

“I just… I don’t want tonight to be the last night that we see eachother.” He explained. I gave him a weak smile and kissed him on the cheek.

“I don’t think this is our last night together. But if it is, we should try to make the best of it, rather than be worried about what could happen.” I replied. The elevator dinged and we got off. We walked into the lobby and noticed that we were the first ones ready. Well… save for Ari.

“There’s that damn bellboy again…” Elliot murmured into my ear. I turned casually and scanned the room. Sure enough, I saw the bellboy talking to the man at the front desk. I felt Elliot pull on my hand over to the couches and I almost laughed. I sat down onto his lap and began playing with my necklace. I looked up to see Elliot glaring at a wall.

“Did you just have to wear a low-cut top? I swear, you set us up for this one.” He hissed into my ear.

“Excuse me, but the last time I checked, you couldn’t tell me what I can and can not wear, thank-you very much.” I snapped. I didn’t realize how loud I was speaking until then, and it caught both the bellboy and the man at the desk’s attention. Whoops… I looked up at Elliot, still glaring, and his face had softened and I was confused.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for it to come out like that…” He said at a normal tone. I shook my head and moved away from him. He sighed audibly and I rolled my eyes

“You’re so irritating sometimes, you know that?” I countered. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back over to him. I attempted to squirm out of his grip, but it didn’t work.

“You are the most frustrating creature on this entire planet. Do you know that? Because despite how annoyed you can make me, I wouldn’t trade you for any other thing in two million years… I love you.” He whispered.

“Damn straight you do.” I replied, smiling. He chuckled and pulled me into a light kiss. Okay, so I let him off easy on that one… Think about it, though. We could possibly be going into war zone. I don’t want to fight with anyone anymore than I have to. I was going to be doing a lot of fighting tonight. We pulled away as the elevator doors opened to reveal a pissy looking Nuri and an overly-optimistic Kay. She skipped over to us and plopped down onto the couch next to me.

“Good morning, sunshine.” I said. She laughed airily.

“You wanna know why I’m so happy?” she asked. I nodded.

“’Cause I don’t have to go to this big thing happening. Ari said that one more person just made things harder, and I was probably going to get hurt if I went anyway. So I get to see you guys off to the airport and then Ari gets to pay for me to stay here for two weeks and then you guys come back and get me before you leave… Dylan’s staying too. I think I’ll live though.” She explained. I didn’t know what to say, so I stayed quiet and looked down at my left pinky. It was intertwined with Elliot’s, as were the rest of my fingers.

“You should paint his toenails when he sleeps.” I said. I heard three laughs and I looked up to see that Nuri had been listening to our conversation, too. The elevator dinged again, and this time Kayne, Kavan, and Ari all came down.

“Triv, I never really told you this before, but demons are classified by their eye color. The redder the eye, the lower they are on the scale. I figured it would come in handy… Anyway, Dylan wanted to sleep. I left him the card to pay for us all. Kay, when we leave I need you to make sure he doesn’t go crazy with it.” Ari explained. Kay nodded in understanding.

Later…

So once again, I was stuck on a plane. But this time, I got to sit next to Elliot. I’ll let you in on a secret. We didn’t talk the entire time, if you know what I mean. We pulled away at one point and I heard Kavan laugh from behind us.

“Fifteen thirty-four!” Kayne exclaimed. I turned around to see what they were doing and Kayne had a phone in his hand. I raised an eyebrow.

“What are you doing?” I asked. Kavan busted out laughing and I was utterly confused.

“Hey Triv, How long can you hold your breath?” Kayne asked. Kavan was to the point of tears now and I turned to Elliot for help. He was just shaking his head smiling.

“I don’t get it. Not that long…” I stated. Kavan was at hysterics. Kayne couldn’t keep a straight face anymore and a chuckle escaped his lips. I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

“What were they doing?” I asked Elliot.

“You should make them explain. Not me.” He replied.

“Well you see, we were bored and then we saw you guys making out in front of us. So, we pulled out a phone and started to time how long it took until you would pull away. The first time was three minutes… The second was ten. And this is your record, at fifteen.” Kayne explained. My mouth fell agape and Kayne was once again in hysterics. A flight attendant woman walked over to them and I quickly turned away from them.

“Gentlemen, is there a problem here?” she asked. Kavan was attempting desperately to compose himself and Kayne was fine.

“Don’t worry about him. He has attention deficit hyper-activity disorder. He’ll laugh at the word poop. But can I please ask you a question, ma’am?” he inquired.

“Of course, sir.” She replied politely.

“How long can you hold your breath?” he asked. Kavan was at tears and his face was turning blue. The woman looked at him strangely.

“Well, that’s an interesting question. I have this thing where I can hold my breath for fifteen minutes.” She explained. I busted out laughing from in front of them and I saw Elliot trying to hide his laugh, but it wasn’t working well.

“That’s all I wanted to know.” Kayne replied calmly. The woman raised an eyebrow and walked off. Once she was out of earshot, we all busted out laughing as hard as we possibly could.

“That was too great!” I exclaimed.

“Dude, Kayne, you’re a genius. I would have never thought to ask her about it.” Kavan complimented. Kayne just laughed.

Later…

We got off the plane after a little while. It didn’t really take that long, so it was still dark when we got off the plane.

“The volcano is on the other side of the island. This side wasn’t affected by the eruption. We need to get a cab to the other side and—” I cut him off.

“Or I could just use the necklace to get us there.” I offered. He shrugged. I grabbed the necklace with one hand and held it, using its power to get us to the other side of the island. I opened my eyes to see that my surroundings had changed. Elliot squeezed my other hand tightly and smiled at me. I would have leaned up and pecked him on the lips if I hadn’t been fully aware of the ash land around me.

“THERE SHE IS!” I heard a voice scream. I whipped around to see a group of three girls. The one wore a simple black dress that flared outwards and cut off at her knees with black low top Chuck Taylor’s. She had long dark hair that looked teased. Here brownish red eyes were surrounded by incredibly thick eyeliner. We’ll call her oddball.

The other girl was opposite of her. She wore short teased white hair, with a streak of aqua in it. Her eyes were dead, completely white. She wore a pink polo that had sleeves that cut off at the elbow with a white tie, and to finish off the outfit, was a jean skirt with pink and white striped leggings under. Her shoes were light pink ballet flats with little white ribbons on them. Let’s call this one aqua lady.

The third girl was a brunette. Her hair was just below shoulder-length, and all she had was a mere side bang. Her eyes had green eye shadow over her purple eyes. She wore a low-cut tank top and a pair of shredded skinnies with purple leggings under them. Her shoes were black flip-flops. This one is now dubbed normal girl.

The final girl looked like an absolute slut. Her hair was reddish brown and it fell just above her shoulders. Her eyes were bright red. She had neon pink fishnet leggings on under denim shorts so short, I could probably see the majority of her ass if she turned around. She wore a light pink tube top that was obviously too small because it showed her lower stomach, and her bra was out to say hello to the world. She also wore stiletto heels that looked six inches high. Not really, I’m exaggerating. More like four inch black stiletto heels. We’ll call this one slut.

“Who are they talking about?” I whispered to Ari.

“They can hear you. And they’re talking about you, hun. Remember what I told you about the female population wanting to kill you?” he asked. I could feel myself break out into a sweat.

“Yes…” I said.

“Remember that.” He said. I felt myself squeeze Elliot’s hand and try to push myself into him. I watched as Normal Girl led the other three over toward us. Slut said something inaudible to Oddball. They walked closer, and I watched as Nuri just kind of stood there, looking each of them up and down. Ari, Kayne, and Kavan were bracing themselves. I could see it because they all looked tense. Except Nuri…

“Vanessa…” he murmured. I looked back at him questioningly, but he didn’t even look my way. When I turned back around, Aqua Lady was right in front of me and I felt myself jump.

“Are you kidding me? You’re the Ultimate Sun? I’ll bet you don’t even know what I am.” She said condescendingly. I glared at her.

“Two of you are lower-class demons. You,” I pointed to Aqua Lady, “are the only one above them. You could be middle-class, you could be upper-class, I honestly don’t know, to be honest. You,” I pointed to Slut. “are the lowest rank demon out here.” I explained triumphantly. Slut huffed in annoyance. I looked back at Ari to see him smiling.

“You’re right. You don’t know much, but you know enough… I doubt anyone is going to take you seriously, though. Anyway, we’re the only demons that don’t wish death upon you right now. I’m Tara. That’s Kera,” she said, pointing to Oddball. “That’s Vanessa,” Slut. “And this is Fee.” Normal Girl.

“Do I know you?” Vanessa asked Nuri flirtatiously. I looked back at him, recalling him muttering her name.

“Would you like to?” he replied just as flirtatiously. She giggled and Tara rolled her eyes.

“Are you retarded? He’s an angel, you dumb whore. Angel boy? Yeah, she has three STD’s. I’d back off. Get your ass over here, slut.” She demanded. Vanessa just smiled a flirty smile and stepped back and stood behind Tara.

“Now, in case you can’t tell, we’re on your side. We all got kicked out of the demon world… Vanessa got kicked out for fucking our enemies. We just happened to pick Vanessa up on the way. Well, after Kera and Fee got the boot, I started doing the double agent shit. Got caught. Got the boot. Bam, gone. From my little spy detour, I did learn that this is the island where they’re going to start the attack. I’m the weather bender that gave you a nice chill last year, and caused this volcanic eruption. I know a lot of people, and I’ve done a ton of shit to earn my little gift. Comes in handy when you need to catch some attention. They’re going to launch an attack in three hours. But, just so you know, I’m not the only demon that can bend weather. There are few that can, but there are others…” she explained. I couldn’t explain it to you, but I grabbed the necklace and wanted to trust her. Every time I’d trusted the necklace, it led me the right way. Why wouldn’t it now?

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard an explosion from behind us. I grabbed the necklace and wanted it to protect us. I opened my eyes to see an army of immortals in front of us. I let go of the necklace and saw everyone running and screaming. Half of them were female, and the other half were male. I grabbed Elliot’s hand and started to run. I was panicking. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do. I just ran. When I stopped running, I’d realized that I was running with the necklace again, and I’d been dragging Elliot along with me.

“I can’t do this! I’m not ready for this! It’s a war over there! How the hell am I supposed to stop a war, Elliot!” I cried. He pulled me down to him and cradled me in his arms.

“Babe, you have to get back there. It’s absolute chaos. We have eight against an army. Come on, you’ll do it. Let’s go.” He urged.

“I love you,” I whispered, looking at him.

“If there is one thing that I will never understand, it would be how I ended up being so goddamn lucky to have you all to myself. You couldn’t even comprehend how strongly I love you, babe.” He murmured into my ear. I looked into his eyes and kissed him deeply, hoping with every fiber of my being that this wouldn’t be the last time I got to kiss him. When we pulled away, we were only a little ways away from the fighting. Everyone had weapons now. I didn’t know what to do. We were beside a river that looked muddy and thick. There was debris floating down it from the eruption. I reached up and grabbed the necklace. Just as I was about to open my mouth, I heard another explosion, and I was blown off of my feet and into the muddy river.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHHHHHH, cliffy.! I didn't even plan that, haha. I was just like 'eh, four chapters sounds good.' and then i read the last line and i'm like, hah, that bites. comments are amazing :D
KLOVEYOUALL.!
-molly.