I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty-Three

Triv’s POV

“I knew it!” Kay exclaimed. I blushed deeply as I watched Nuri practically run to the front of the plane and shove into one of the bathrooms. I felt a twinge of guilt and had a feeling that he knew. I couldn’t really explain to you how I knew. It was just like before, when I’d known that it was Nuri’s fault that I’d been kidnapped. I just felt it. I was half tempted to go and console him, but I knew that it wouldn’t make things any easier for him. He needed time away from me, and that was the last thing that was going to happen at this point. It was my job to make sure that he didn’t end up hurt, this time. Rather than the other way around. It wasn’t fair. Why did this have to happen at the worst possible time?

“I’m going to sleep, Kay.” I said, and leaned back and shut my eyes. I fell into a deep sleep after that.

I heard another explosion and turned around. I saw the fire coming at me. I reached up and grabbed the necklace, and willed with every fiber of my being for all of the chaos to stop. Everything was suddenly frozen in place. I saw that the fire was two inches from my face. Within milliseconds, I would have been burned again. I looked back to Elliot and shed another tear. I knew that there was nothing for me to do. I held the necklace once more, and used every part of the power I had built up over the two years of being with the guys and willed for the explosions to cease completely. I hadn’t realized that I’d shut my eyes until then, and when I opened them, I saw ruins. The muddy river was held in place from my freezing time. There were bodies everywhere. I wanted this chaos to be done with. I knew what I was going to do.

“Triv, we’re landing in ten minutes. How did you sleep for all that time?” Kay asked. I yawned and stretched out.

“I have no clue. It didn’t seem like I slept that long…” I murmured. She rolled her eyes and I turned around and realized that Nuri had never come back. Instead, some guy sat behind me. He gave me a quizzical look and I turned around again, blushing.

Later…

We got back through everything with ease. I simply used the necklace once again to get through all the metal detectors and other machines. I saw Nuri come out holding hands with some other girl. I don’t know exactly how I felt about that, but I can say that I was utterly confused. Maybe he was over me. That would be a relief. I wouldn’t have to worry about breaking his heart… Or dealing with the fact that I’d already broken it, anyway. It made life that much easier for me. I felt arms wrap around my waist and was instantly reminded of Elliot.

“I can’t believe I actually just went nine hours without seeing your gorgeous face, babe.” He whispered into my ear. I grinned and turned around to face him. He was smiling down at me and I stood on my toes and kissed him.

“Howard, do you remember when we were young and in love? I miss those days. Why don’t you kiss me like that anymore?” I heard some old lady say. I almost laughed.

“Yeah, I remember. Rosey, I’ll make it up to you tonight, since we’ll have that hotel room and everything. All fancied up! It’ll be like our honeymoon sixty-four years ago.” An old man replied. I heard Kay snicker. I almost couldn’t help myself, but Elliot deepened the kiss. I wasn’t sure if it was because he knew I was about to laugh my ass of, or if he was going to slip, too. After a few seconds, I regained my composure and pulled away. When I turned around, I saw the old couple a few yards away, no longer facing us.

I chose this as my time to start laughing. I walked over to Kay and she was just drying her eyes.

“Rosey, I’ll make love to you tonight in our hotel room and it’ll be like the 1930’s again!” she mocked. Ari rolled his eyes at us.

“Don’t joke, guys. I was actually there for the 30’s. Immortal. Hello” he replied. I laughed.

“Did you know Rose and Howard?” I asked, attempting to keep a straight face. He rolled his eyes again.

“Hey, there’s our luggage!” Kayne exclaimed, running up to it like a five year old. I stifled a laugh. For a bunch of guys that were probably over 100 years old, they were really immature. I felt fingers intertwine with my own and turned my head to see Elliot standing with a suitcase in his hand.

“I got the other bag. Let’s go.” He said. I kissed him on the cheek and we walked out to see a Hispanic guy with a cab standing there with a sign that read “Dyxnach”. Elliot nodded toward the man.

“Me and you are the two that get this guy. Everyone else is packing into that van.” He explained. I nodded in response and he looked at the man.

“Elliot?” the man asked.

“Yes. Dicedea Inn, please.” He requested. The man nodded and Elliot threw the bag into the trunk as I sat in the backseat. I really didn’t want to sit up there with some creepy Hispanic dude. It’s not that I have a prejudice against Hispanics… but he just gave off that creeper vibe that I couldn’t get over. It smelled like stale French fries in the back of the cab. Elliot scooted in next to me and the cabby started the vehicle.

“Newlyweds?” he inquired. I blushed and Elliot smiled and grabbed my hand.

“Not quite… But I would like it to be that way some day.” He replied, looking into my eyes. I looked away and noticed the cabby looking in the rearview mirror at us.

Creeper. I thought.

“I remember when my girl and I were like that, man. Now she’s always bitchen, cause I’m at work all day. Thinks I’m at the titty bar half the time. Just because I go to the bar and have a few drinks, then drive back home, does NOT mean I’m cheating on her.” He rambled.

Dear god. I can only imagine what a wonderful husband he turned out to be.

The fact that after work, he decides to have “a few drinks” and then drive back home bothered me. I would note to make sure Elliot would promise to never drive home after having more than two drinks. It would seriously bother me.

“Here we are!” The cabby called. Elliot pulled me by the hand out of the cab and I stood watching as he pulled the suitcase out of the trunk, then shut it with ease. We walked in holding hands and up to the front desk.

“Are you Mr. and Mrs. Lyons?” the man at the front desk asked. Elliot shook his head no.

“I’m Elliot Dyxnach. A man named Ari Botches reserved five rooms recently? Yes, well we were to occupy one of them. I suspect he will arrive shortly. There wasn’t enough room in one cab for all eight of us…” Elliot explained.

“Welcome, Mr. Dyxnach. Does this wonderful woman happen to be your blushing bride, or are you merely dating?” he asked.

“We’re simply together right now. But you’re not the first person to ask today…” Elliot replied. I recalled the creepy cabby asking if we were newlyweds. Did we really look like a married couple already? I was only seventeen… I don’t think that I look ready to get married… Oh well. I guess I’ll let it go.

We were to wait in the lobby until “Mr. Botches” was to get here. Dammit, Ari. Where the hell are you? This bellboy keeps looking at my ass, and it’s really starting to bother me.

We waited for five minutes, until Elliot finally caught the bellboy. He pulled me over to the couches in the lobby and pulled me onto his lap. Elliot began to kiss my neck, and I saw out of the corner of my eye, the bellboy shot Elliot a very dirty look. When I turned to see Elliot fully, he wasn’t even looking at me as he was leaving another hickey below my ear. He was staring right back at the bellboy. They were having a staring war. From where I was sitting, it was rather amusing.

Elliot’s POV (a little bit back…)

“We’re simply together right now. But you’re not the first person to ask today…” I replied, remembering the cabby. We stood there, waiting for Ari to get to the hotel. It wasn’t long before I watched the bellboy walk by and very obviously check out Triv’s ass. Oh no. I could only imagine the things that were running through his head about her right now. I decided to play around with it.

I pulled Triv by the hand to the couch, and when she walked in front of me, I pulled her onto my lap. I started to kiss her neck, not even paying attention to what I was doing. I just heard her suck in her breath once I started, and she breathed rather unsteadily. I stared at the bellboy. He was wearing a white bellboy uniform, minus the hat, and he had short brown hair. He glared back at me, and I shot daggers at him.

Triv was looking at me, with a smug grin on her face, and I knew that she could see what I was doing. The bellboy gave me the finger after taking a look over his shoulder to check to see if his boss was looking. I almost laughed. That’s when she turned her body around and straddled me with her hips against me and kissed me on the lips. Now we were both playing the game. I opened my eyes a quarter to see the bellboy had left. I kissed up jaw line and whispered into her ear.

“He’s not going to bother you anymore, baby.” I heard her giggle flirtatiously.

“It looked like he was bothering you more than he was bothering me.” She whispered back.

Triv’s POV

“Oh god. Leave them alone for five minutes and they’re all over each other. Can’t you two leave it in his pants until we actually get into our rooms? Jeeze.” Kay exclaimed. I kissed his cheek and pushed myself off of him.

“What took you guys so long?” I asked. I felt his hands grab my waist and pull me into him again.

“We got stuck in the airport traffic. How long were you guys here?” Kay questioned.

“Somewhere around fifteen minutes… We weren’t keeping track of time.” Elliot answered. I blushed and Kay rolled her eyes. I looked around Kay and saw that Nuri, Kayne, Kavan, Dylan, and Ari were at the front desk checking in.

“So are you crashing in your own room, or what?” I asked.

“Ari explained in the car. Nuri and I get our own rooms. Kayne and Dylan are crashing in the same room since they’re cousins and all, and Ari crashes with Kavan. That’s the sleeping arrangements. I didn’t really want to sleep in a double bed with any of them, so I insisted to Ari that I get my own room. I was originally going to pair up with Nuri.” She explained. I nodded in understanding. I could see why she wanted to have her own room. Ari motioned us all over, and Elliot grabbed my hand and I pulled him up to where everyone was standing, only to have him pull me against him again once I stopped moving.

“Does everyone know the sleeping arrangements?” Ari asked. I nodded, and so did Kay, but all the guys said in union “yes.”

“Okay. That makes life easier…” I stopped listening after that and waited for him to hand out the room card/keys. He handed ours to me first, and as soon as I grasped it, I grabbed the cart thing and pulled it to the elevator as fast as I could, motioning Elliot over. He ran after me and I pressed the “close door” button on the elevator.

“What room are we in?” I asked as the doors closed.

“865.” He replied. I pressed the number 8 and then pressed Elliot up against the wall of the elevator.

“Remember our last ride on an elevator?” I whispered seductively into his ear.

“What I remember best wasn’t what happened on the elevator, darling.” He whispered, before kissing me greedily. I felt his hands wander to some places that no one else’s hands had wandered to before, and found myself taking in quick shallow breaths when the elevator dinged. He quickly retrieved his hands and smiled mischievously. As the elevator doors opened, he had me on the car, and pushed me down the hall as fast as he could until we got to our room.

I laughed on the entire way, and he stopped very suddenly, and I fell forward, which only made me laugh harder. He pushed the card into the slot, and a little circle glowed green and the door clicked. He opened the door and pushed the cart into the room, me with it. Once he shut the door… well let’s just say that he didn’t need to turn the lights on when we got into the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more to go, and i'm done for the day.
KLOVEYOUALL.!
-molly.