I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven

“We could…” Nuri stated, waiting to hear the rest of my sentence. I stared at him in awe.

“I thought you were… You know what? Don’t worry about it. Come in, please. I haven’t seen you in years, Nuri.” I rushed. He walked into the room and took off his coat, only to collapse onto the couch.

“I know. I came here to talk to you. About what happened between me and you four years ago when you hit it off with Elliot.” He said coolly. I almost cringed at the all too familiar name.

“Oh… Kay?” I replied, urging him on.

“Well first let me tell you where I’ve been for the past three years. You remember Vanessa? We got to know eachother pretty well after you ran off to do your thing. I’ll never fuck another demon, let me tell you. Then, I came to find that Vanessa was a whore, and I wasn’t the only angel who was with her at the time. So I left that bitch. Had some fun with one of her friends for a while, just to get under her skin. Then I left them both—” I cut him off.

“What the hell happened to you? You’ve changed so much.” I saw his eyes glisten for a second, just a moment, and then it was gone, as if what I’d said didn’t matter to him.

“Heartbreak can change every aspect of one person’s life, baby. But when you run from your problems, you keep running into them. After I had my fun with all those girls, I realized that the reason why I couldn’t stick with one was because I didn’t deal with you. I don’t think you understand how long I resented you. Baby, I told you three years ago that there are three people in all worlds that I’ll never forget in my immortal life. You just happen to be one of them. You’re one of the people that I have to deal with, or I’ll never be able to have a peaceful life again. Can you explain to me why I have this sinking feeling in my chest that no matter how many ways I try to explain this to you, you’re going to reject me today?” he said. I stared at him, unable to move.

“I… I-I… You…” I stuttered.

“I never win. I knew this was hopeless. Have fun with your life, honey. Have fun knowing that you’ll always be on my mind as long as I know that you’re breathing.” He said, getting up. That’s when I couldn’t take it anymore. There were memories of both him and Elliot flipping through my mind faster than the tears could come out of my eyes. Every single “I love you,” pulled together to create the biggest meltdown of my entire life. Nuri already held me in his arms. I couldn’t see his face because my vision was too blurry. My make-up was probably smeared all over my fucking face. It was too much. When Nuri had said that, all of the memories that I’d pushed to the back of my mind had come bubbling to the surface. I held onto him for dear life. If there was one thing that I wouldn’t be able to take, it would be if he walked out of my life after reappearing.

I felt Nuri pull me into a kiss. And with that kiss, I can honestly say that it made me feel a little better. Good enough to be able to almost see his eyes because my eyes were that blurry. Good enough to be able to say five simple words.

“Please don’t leave me again.” I whispered. He kissed me again, and this time I grabbed onto his hair and pulled on it. He laid me down onto the couch and held himself above me. By now my eyes were dry enough to be able to see, so when we pulled away and I looked at his face, I could see all the feeling behind his expression. Nuri still fucking loved me after all this time. How was I going to figure this all out?

“I can’t describe to you how long I’ve been wanting to do that. I had an…. Unreasonable want—a need—to kiss you… Just like this.” He explained, and pulled me up to meet him. I was sitting up now, and he grabbed me by the face and pulled me into him forcibly, but I loved it. I shifted so that he was sitting on the couch and I was straddling him with my hips, over him. I pulled on his hair and pulled him into me, not wanting this to end. I began sucking and biting on his neck and ear. I let my hand rest on his upper thigh as I left a hickey on his neck. I was fully aware of the growing bulge that I kept brushing my hips up against. I continued teasing him with my hands. He was breathless and trembling beneath me.

“Okay, you win. You definitely know how to push the right buttons.” He said breathlessly.

I pulled off my shirt and threw it to the side, and then did the same to him. I pushed him into a laying position and positioned myself right over his throbbing member, just to tease him further. I then leaned down and kissed him harshly. My lips were swollen from all of this, but I loved every second of it. I wash rashly trying to unzip his pants when my phone began to ring. We both groaned.

“This better be goddamn important.” I complained. Nuri didn’t even bother with the fact that I was on the phone. He unclasped my bra and was leaving a hickey on my chest. I tried hard not to moan.

“Look, I’m sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to push you like that. I get that you want to take it slow. I love you baby.” Ryan apologized. I froze. This was wrong. I was so close to having sex with someone who’d walked out of my life three years ago and decided to come back one day, when Ryan had been attempting the same thing after being with me for how long he’d stayed.

“I-I’ll call you back,” I said in a breath.

“Okay, babe.” He replied. I hung up the phone and let out a loud moan before pushing Nuri away.

“Did I do something wrong?” he asked, concerned. I stared at him and I almost started crying again. I put my clothes back on before looking at him with a sad look on my face.

“No. I did something wrong.” I replied. He laughed at me before pulling my face up to look at him.

“Baby, I can only imagine how it was for Elliot when he actually got to finish the job.” He teased. I looked up at him, and my face turned bright red.

“Nuri… I-I… I can’t believe I let myself do this with you.” I started. He frowned, not quite understanding.

“I know as well as you do that you were enjoying that as much as I was. Who called?” he asked.

“I’m sorry to say that I have a boyfriend named Ryan. I… It was actually him on the phone. Elliot, I’m sorry.” I looked into his face. He was glaring at me.

“You just called me Elliot. Whatever, Victrivia. Why can’t you just leave him for me? Why not just this once?” he accused.

“I’m sorry, Nuri! I… Well I don’t think it’s that simple. And I—” he cut me off.

“And you what, Triv? I’ll tell you what. And you’re a slut and a bitch. Nothing ever is better than the guy that’s not me. I don’t think you even care about me anymore.” He snapped, pulling on his shirt. I felt the tears start to go down my face.

“Please don’t leave me again,” I repeated in barely a whisper.

“But you don’t care if I leave. All you care about is yourself and your thrill ride, Victrivia. I’m so sick of your games. I try and explain how I feel, and you just don’t care. I fall for it every single time. You’re the most manipulative bitch I’ve ever met. I fucking—” I cut him off.

“Don’t even, Nuri!” I screamed. “You fucking left three years ago. You had a chance and you fucking blew it. I’ve only been going out with Ryan for a few weeks. It’s not my fault that you couldn’t come to fucking see me three weeks earlier. He was here first. Nuri, I know that you fucking love me. The thing that you just never seem to understand is that I actually love you back. You just step out of my life before I ever get to tell you this. I fucking love you, Nuri. I finally got to fucking tell you that yes, I will always have some feelings towards you. You always pick the worst fucking time to tell me this shit though. I fucking love Ryan too. Do you see what positions you keep putting me into? Why do you expect me to bend over backwards for you? It isn’t fucking fair that no matter what I do, I can never fucking make you happy. I’m sorry if I hurt you. I’m sorry if you feel like I’m leading you on. I’m sorry if you had a rough life. And I’m fucking sorry that no matter how much I like you back, you’ll never be able to appreciate it because of the time that I get to tell you. I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever done wrong towards you, Nuri. There’s your fucking clarity. Now leave my fucking property.” I screamed. Hot tears ran down my face quickly. This wasn’t easy to say.

“I know you’re sorry.” He whispered. I drew my arm back and slapped him across the face hard enough to leave a red mark there.

“I said to leave my fucking property. Get. Out.” I said through gritted teeth. He looked at me with a pained look on his face. He stared at me for a moment, before nodding and walking out the door. My phone began ringing just as the door shut, and I picked it up, knowing it would be Ryan.

“Baby, can I come over so we can talk?” he asked immediately. I sniffled and tried to fix up my appearance.

“Yeah… sure…” I said. I then closed my phone and put my head into my hands. I’d just rejected Nuri for the billionth time.
♠ ♠ ♠
i love my life. there was only one italic word that I had to do in this chapter (:
-molly.