I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight

In the fifteen minutes it took for Ryan to come over, I’d managed to fix up my smeared makeup. I was sitting on the couch, staring at my hands. The same hands that had been trying to unzip Nuri’s pants as Ryan put together an apology for me. I stared at my hands with resentment and guilt. It wasn’t long until he got here.

“Hey, babe. Look, I’m really sorry. I couldn’t control myself. I—” I cut him off, kissing him before he could get out another word. I kissed him with more force than usual, and it didn’t take him long to catch on. I felt his hands rest on my ass, and I pressed myself up against him. I felt him press me up against the wall, and he grabbed my hand forcefully and held it against his zipper. I started to pull away, but he started to squeeze my arm. Then I thought about how it wasn’t fair. Nuri had gotten so much farther than he had in one visit. Once the black and blue hickey that I knew was on my chest healed, that was going to change. I began pushing him with one of my hands over to the couch and he was breathing more heavily than I was. I pushed him onto the couch and laid myself over him so that his increasing bulge was pressed up against my hips. I pulled his shirt up over his head and left butterfly kisses all over his chest. That’s when he decided that it was time for all the teasing to end. He started unbuttoning my jeans and I didn’t mind all that much. It was when he started to pull at my panties that I grabbed his hands and pinned them down.

This time he didn’t catch on like he had before. The second I let go of his hands, they were trying to pull down my underwear again. This time I pulled myself off of him, knowing that this wasn’t going to stop unless I made it clear that I didn’t want to go that far. He looked at me, disappointed for the second time today.

“Not again.” He whined. I rolled my eyes at his child-like protest. I heard my phone vibrate and I snatched it from the table, reading the text.

From: Kay

were coming back soon.


I closed the phone and tossed it back onto the table. I turned back around to talk to Ryan, but the couch was empty when I looked over. Just as I was about to call his name, a wet set of lips were maneuvering my neck. I took a sharp intake of breath as Ryan moved up to my ear. His hands rested on my bare hips.

“You know, you’re the sexiest woman to ever tease me like that,” he breathed. I shivered as I felt his hot breath on my neck. “but I always get revenge, honey.” He murmured. His lips were on my neck again. I leaned away from his kiss and turned to kiss him. He pulled me up and I wrapped my legs around his hips. He pressed my back onto the wall and deepened the kiss. His hands were now found on my ass, lightly squeezing it. He pulled away for a moment.

“You sure know how to tease back,” I whispered in a breath. He smirked and his hands rubbed up on my legs. I vaguely remembered something like this, but ignored it. He kissed me hard and my lips were swollen again.

“Triv? You in there?” I heard Kay call from outside of the door.

“Shit,” I hissed, pushing Ryan away and grabbing my pants off of the floor. Ryan ran into my bedroom and I was pulling my pants up, rushing to zip them up. I kicked Ryan’s shirt under the couch as I ran my hands through my hair, running toward the door to open it.

“Yeah, I’m here!” I called, opening it. She gave me a quizzical look.

“I could have opened the door myself, but okay.” She stated. I rolled my eyes, smiling.

“Where’s Ray?” I asked, noticing his absence. She waved her hand at the remark.

“Oh, he’s with some of his guy friends. He’d been starting to complain that he didn’t get any time to hang with the guys, so I told him that if he missed his friends that much then I didn’t really mind. After all, it’s not like he’s bi or anything.” She explained. I nodded.

“So I was going to go to a party with Kara and them. You wanna tag along?” she offered. I thought back to the eavesdropping boyfriend of mine that was hiding in my bedroom.

“Nah. I have some things I need to finish… maybe next time.” I tried to hide the smirk on my face. Kay shook her head.

“You’re always doing homework and junk. You need a study break. Really, you should come.” She urged. I almost laughed aloud.

“Well, I don’t think this can wait…” I said, debating on whether Kay could keep a secret from Ray or not. I decided that she probably couldn’t. So the only people that knew about Nuri and I were… Nuri and I.

“Whatevs, Triv. I miss you. We need to do more together. Really, sometimes I feel like you’re a stranger in this house and I get that ever since the thing with Elliot happened that you’re kind of different, but—” I cut her off.

“Kay. Stop. Please don’t start this.” I begged. She gave me a sad look, then got up and left. I took a sigh of relief and walked back into my bedroom as she closed the front door.

“Who’s Elliot?” Ryan asked the second I shut my bedroom door.

“So you caught that detail, did you?” I said. He gave me a stern look, saying that he wanted an answer. “Ryan, don’t worry about Elliot. It’s extremely complicated and personal, and has absolutely nothing to do with you.” I assured.

“Not good enough, Triv.” He demanded. I started to get angry. Couldn’t he understand? I didn’t even want to talk about it with Kay. Obviously it was a tender topic for me, especially with new boyfriends. Maybe dating was something I wasn’t ready for yet…

“Fine. If you’re going to be an asshole about this, then leave. This is the first time anyone’s pissed me off so bad twice in one day. Congratulations, Ryan. You’ve broken a record!” I said sarcastically.

“Then I’ll leave.” He snapped, storming out of my bedroom.

“Your shirt’s under the couch!” I called, laughing a little. I waited a few seconds before I heard the front door open and slam. He was gone. But this time, he wasn’t going to call me or come back. He was just as pissed as I was, because he was probably convinced that I was cheating on him… even though I kinda did, but that’s not really the point. I was just so pissed because he couldn’t understand that I didn’t want to explain this sort of thing to him. Maybe I could get Kay to do it for me. I saved that thought for later. Maybe she would. You never know with her.

I sat down at my desk and attempted to do work, but after all of today’s events, I couldn’t concentrate for sixty seconds straight. This was all so confusing. Ryan obviously cared about me, otherwise he wouldn’t be so threatened by Elliot anyway. The fact that I’d cheated on him with Nuri didn’t help that at all. This wasn’t fair. I pushed it all to the side and worked on the persuasive essay that I had to do for my English class that I was taking. It wasn’t that easy to focus on, but the assignment itself was simple. I just had to write down some bullshit about how recycling could help our community. You had to be braindead to be unable to do something like this.

I was in the middle of the third paragraph, the one about how recycling exercises ways to keep things neater, so that not only does it help the ecosystem, but it helps our own little living space. That’s when I pushed the paper to the side and laid my head on my desk. I couldn’t do this anymore. I looked down at the ring that to this day, I refused to take off my finger.

I love you, Victrivia.

“I love you too, Elliot.” I whispered, kissing the ring gently. I sat there at that very desk, and I cried. I cried long and hard, and if you had come into the room and asked me why I’d been crying, I honestly wouldn’t have been able to tell you why. I was balling my eyes out, though. It was because I was confused, I guess. Or was I confused because I was crying? I couldn’t tell you. I sat there, and I tried to calm myself after the first hour. Kay was probably going to be gone until eleven, at least. I dried my eyes and thought for a moment. What the hell was I going to do? Nothing was helping this anymore. I’d put the grief and the sadness away for a couple years, but it didn’t take it all away in the end. As soon as his name was brought into my mind, I was absolutely pathetic. My phone rang, and when I looked at the caller ID, I knew what it was that I had to do.

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

“Triv? How’ve you been? We haven’t talked for a while now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm so we have a mystery caller (: I'm not cutting off here though, so you guys are just going to wait for your computer to load up the next chapter and you're gonna find out lol.
-molly.