I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Three

I awoke, terrified and in the same bed I was in before. To keep myself from scaring the shit out of myself with thoughts, I thought of the last song that I’d listened to.
One last chance to reverse this curse. You stole my heart but I had it first… okay I give up. I’m totally screwed. I thought myself.
“Escape the Fate, eh? They’re okay,” Ari said. I jumped ten feet in the air. Holy shit. I hadn’t seen him. “I like Cute is What We Aim For better.” He continued. I smiled at him, calming down.
“Finger Twist and Split is my favorite.” I stated. He grinned.
“Mine is Teasing to Please.” My smile grew wider.
“Good music is part of my day’s work.” I said. He gave me a serious look.
“Hmmmm…” he said.
“Were you the hmmm person from the basement?” I asked suddenly.
“What?” he questioned, looking puzzled.
“Were you the person that was like hmmm in the basement forever ago?” I repeated.
“Oh. Yeah.” I glared at him.
“So why did you say hmm?” I questioned.
“What? Oh. I was going to ask you if you were up for a music exchange. Like a game. I ask a question of your favorite type of music, you answer and I give you my favorite type of it, and then you ask.” He explained. I shrugged, agreeing to play the game.
“Indie.” He stated.
“Hmmm. I’d have to say Mayday Parade.” I stated.
“Death Cab For Cutie.” He replied.
Damn. Well they’re okay. I thought.
“Okay my turn. How about acoustic?”
“Five for Fighting”
“Secondhand Serenade.” I said smirking. The radio was totally ruining Fall For You, but they weren’t totally tainted yet.
“My turn,” He said and turned dark. “R&B”
“Eww!” I exclaimed. Suddenly I was enveloped into a hug. “What the hell?”
“Your taste in music is insanely amazing!” he said hugging me tighter.
“I only told you of like two bands.”
“Four. You forgot our conversation about Escape the Fate and Cute is What We Aim For.” He replied.
“Still, that’s not many.” I pointed out. He let go of me. I felt kind of disappointed. I liked being close to him.
“Do you have an iPod?” He asked. I thought back to my purse in the drawer.
“I don’t think so… it’s in my purse.” I said. He walked over to the dresser and opened the drawer I remembered it in. He pulled it out and I blushed as I’d known there were tampons in there. I wasn’t on the rag but I put those in there just in case. I watched as he rifled to it and his face changed to one of victory as he seemed to find what he was looking for in there. He pulled my iPod out and threw my purse back in the drawer and shut the drawer with his foot.
He walked back over to the bed, sitting down next to me, and I heard the clicker of my iPod as he went through all the songs.
“You have a lot of A Day to Remember in here.” He pointed out. I shrugged.
“I like what I like.” I stated in response. He nodded in agreement and the clicking was heard once again. After a bit, he put in the earphones on full blast and was listening to The Danger in Starting a Fire.
If those earphones blow, he’s paying for new ones. I thought as I got up and stretched. I felt some pain in my lower back but ignored it. I walked out of the room and back down the hallway that I was running down not that long ago.
I walked down the stairs, noticing that they groaned in protest under my weight. I glared at the stairs.
“Are you calling me fat? Personally, I think I’m considerably thin seeing as I’m not that tall and don’t weigh much either.” I hissed at the stairs. They didn’t respond as I stood there waiting for answer. I huffed and walked down the rest of the steps singing to myself softly.
“Kill the lights, these children learn from cigarette burns, fast cars, fast women and ch-” I sang.
“What the hell?” someone asked, cutting me off. It was the violet-eyed boy from before. I tried to give a good glare into them and found it difficult as I began to lose my anger.
“I was o-only singing to myself before you decided to go all Mr. Grumpy Pants on me.” I stated, my cold tone cracking. He noticed, because he smirked.
Damn him to hell for being so fucking gorgeous! I can’t even speak right! I began mentally kicking myself for losing control of my voice. His smirk grew wider. What the hell…? His smirk faded and a look of curiosity replaced it.
“What were you singing?” he asked suddenly.
He’s not getting off that easy!
“Why do you care? Why don’t you go off and talk smart to some other girl you randomly decided to kidnap? Oh, that’s right, I’m the only one. That is, unless you guys do this often. I shouldn’t immediately assume things like that. This might be a tradition every Friday. Kidnap some poor girl with an actual life and watch her squirm.” I snapped.
“Someone needs a nap.” He stated, not caring for my insults.
“Bite me.” I stated coldly. He grabbed my face softly and looked into my eyes with a lustful look. His hands were freezing cold. My breath got caught in my throat and my heart was beating so fast, I swear it was going to pop out of my chest. He looked at me for a long time. It was only about thirty seconds but it felt like thirty hours. Our faces were so close. If he moved in a few more centimeters, we’d be kissing. I could feel his sweet breath on my face… He blinked suddenly, keeping the lustful look on his face, still staring at me. I suddenly tried to push him off of me, falling out of the trance he’d put me into.
“What the hell?” I asked immediately as I attempted in pushing him off me. Not much luck in that. His hands fell from my face and as I began to push again, he was gone. I fell to the ground as the barrier of his body was suddenly gone.
“Bastard…” I muttered under my breath. I decided to pretend like the minute or two that had just occurred never happened. I continued to walk around until my stomach groaned in complaint. I obeyed its demand and walked back to where I’d assumed the kitchen was. Soon I was lost, looking for the kitchen. I was in some hallway, opening every door I passed by, not realizing that I’d walked passed the archway to the kitchen four times. I sighed and let my back slide down the wall and fall.
I soon heard footsteps and didn’t bother looking over to see who was walking about. I soon saw a set of legs in front of me. Dark jeans. I checked out the shoes. They were those layered Chuck Taylors. I liked them.
“I like your shoes.” I stated, finally looking up at the owner of them. I groaned as I had once again ran into the violet-eyed boy. He ignored my groan and held out a hand to help pull me up.
“Thanks. I made them online.” He stated. He looked down at my purple high tops. “I see you have an interest in Chucks.” I nodded, not really caring for his rambling nonsense. Then suddenly I realized that I couldn’t refer to him as the violet-eyed boy for much longer.
“What’s your name?” I asked. He seemed surprised that I said anything. I was suddenly offended.
I’m not anti-social. Just because I don’t feel like talking to him doesn’t make me completely independent. Jeeze.
“Kayne.” He answered, finally.
“….” I stared at him waiting.
“What?” he snapped.
“Full name?” I questioned.
“Kayne Jacobs.” He stated.
“Middle name?”
“Which one?”
“YOU HAVE TWO?”
“Three.” My jaw dropped.
“Three middle names. Holy shit.”
“Kayne Casper Charles Theodore Jacobs the seventh is my full name.” my jaw simply dropped lower at this.
“Well that’s a mouthful, isn’t it?”
“I just prefer Kayne, kay thanks.” He said.
There was an awkward silence between us as I began humming the song he’d caught me singing earlier. I looked around at the hallway, still humming, to find myself in the middle of a daydream when suddenly I heard him singing the words in tune with my humming. I stopped, looking at him.
He continued singing and realized I’d stopped and he cut off awkwardly, feeling self conscious of himself, suddenly.
“What is with you people and knowing all my music?” I asked out of the blue. Kayne looked at me with a puzzled look in his eyes, waiting for an explanation.
“Ari was playing a music game or something or another with me and liked all of my music. And unless my memory serves me wrong, he’s up there listening to my iPod right now.” I explained. He shrugged in response, and that’s when I took the time to notice that he’d sat down next to me.
“Can you blame us for having enough of a life to listen to some of the music you listen to?” he questioned, raising an eyebrow. Now it was my turn to shrug. It got quiet again, and I was about to get up and go eat like I’d planned to before I got lost when he spoke.
“I’m sorry about earlier…” he said, looking into my eyes. Damn him for being so fucking gorgeous. His eyes looked sincere as I got lost in his breath-taking violet eyes. Damn those eyes, too. I swear, he was using them against me. My mind scrambled to find an answer for him and I decided to take the flirty road, seeing as I found no other option without sounding retarded.
“Don’t sweat it, babe. It was fun while it lasted,” I taunted, winking at him before getting up to leave. And with that I went off to find the kitchen.

Kayne’s POV (a little bit back…)

Damn her. She was so gorgeous. It was hard enough to keep my hands off of her as it is, but this was insane. It took every fiber of my being not to grab her and hold her close right then and there. She was just sitting there, her back against the wall. She couldn’t hear me apparently, because she never looked up. I walked right in front of her and I saw her gaze fall to my shoes. There was a brief silence before she finally spoke.
“I like your shoes.” She said in her angelic voice. She looked up at me and groaned.
It’s pretty sad that she could break a man’s heart without even realizing that she’s doing so. I thought to myself. My mind raced, trying to figure out what to say.
“Thanks. I made them online.” Not the best of answers, but it worked. I glanced down at her shoes, letting my eyes linger there. “I see you have an interest in Chucks,” I continued, trying to break the ice. She simply nodded, staring off into space, not really thinking.
“What’s your name?” she asked out of the blue. I was surprised at the question. Then I heard her think to herself.
I’m not anti-social. Just because I don’t feel like talking to him doesn’t make me completely independent. Jeeze.
So I’ve offended her. Way to go, Kayne. You ruined it. Totally screwed up. You lose. I didn’t talk for a while before I realized she was waiting for an answer.
“Kayne.” I said finally. She just stared at me. “What?” I asked.
“Full name?” she asked
“Kayne Jacobs.” I stated
“Middle name?” she pestered. This was beginning to annoy me but the curiosity was so cute on her face…
“Which one?” I asked, almost letting my face show the smirk I was hiding. She was going to be surprised.
“YOU HAVE TWO!” she exclaimed. I felt the corner of my mouth twitch, but she didn’t seem to notice.
“Three.” I stated. I saw her jaw drop in shock that now completely covered her face. She was so fucking adorable. I wanted to pick her up and run somewhere and lay with her there.
“Three middle names. Holy shit.” Charming. She was still cute.
“Kayne Casper Charles Theodore Jacobs the seventh is my full name.” I stated. Her jaw dropped lower. Goddamn. This was so irresistible.
“Well that’s a mouthful, isn’t it?” She stated, finally shutting her jaw.
“I just prefer Kayne kay thanks.” I said quickly.
It was suddenly quiet. I sat down next to her. She didn’t notice. I began to daydream about when I had grabbed her in the hall when she was coming down the stairs. She was cute then, spitting her insults at me. She probably had meant to have me take her seriously, and I might have if she hadn’t thought to herself that I was gorgeous, mentally kicking herself for not being able to keep her voice from cracking. After she’d said ‘Bite me.’ That’s when I lost my control. I’d grabbed her softly, willing myself to kiss her but at the same time, I didn’t.
I was drawn back to earth as she began humming. I figured since I knew the words to the song she was humming I might as well join in, so I did. After a bit, she stopped and I continued, then caught myself, feeling embarrassed as I’d been caught.
“What is up with you people and knowing all my music?” she asked suddenly. I stared at her, waiting for her to explain.
“Ari was playing a music game or something or another with me and liked all of my music. And unless my memory serves me wrong, he’s up there listening to my iPod right now.” She stated. Well Ari just liked music in general. It was rare that he didn’t know of a new band, but I wasn’t about to ruin it, so I just shrugged.
“Can you blame us for having enough of a life to listen to some of the music you listen to?” I asked. She shrugged in response.
It was quiet for a brief moment. Long enough to think back to the daydream I’d been having before. Damn, she was so cute. That’s when I realized that for her, it was all awkward. This probably was too. I could feel myself flush a bit and it disappeared quickly as I turned to speak.
“I’m sorry about earlier,” I said, looking into her gorgeous silvery gray eyes. I heard her cursing my violet eyes in her thoughts and my mouth twitched. If only she knew that my violet eyes were nothing. Her gorgeous silvery gray eyes were just a show of emotions inside them. I stared into them, wanting to kiss her perfectly shaped cherry red lips…
“Don’t sweat it, babe,” she teased. She was going flirty. Oh, lord help me. I wasn’t going to make it through this day sane if I didn’t kiss her. “It was fun while it lasted.” She said, getting up and walking away. I watch her as her hips swayed when she walked. I searched her mind to see if she was just trying to tease me. She wasn’t. God damn… Wait. I never got her name!

Back to Triv’s POV

I felt a light tap on my shoulder as I walked into the kitchen. I turned around on my heel to face whoever had tapped me. It was Kayne.
“Oh, hello.” I said, looking completely innocent as if I hadn’t just had a conversation with him only a few moments ago. Couldn’t the guy leave me alone for a good ten minutes? Yeesh. What was it going to take to get some privacy around here?
“I never got your name.” He pointed out.
“Triv.” I stated, turning back to the fridge. There wasn’t much here. Was I feeling a fried bologna sandwich or a ham sandwich? Hmmm…
“Full name.” He demanded. Fried bologna would taste better.
“Like hell I’m giving my full name to a damn kidnapper.” I said absentmindedly. Although fried bologna would take too long to make…
“And why the hell not?” Kayne asked, raising his voice. I think I’ll go with ham and mayo. That works.
“No need to raise your voice.” I said calmly, pulling out the mayo and ham. I grabbed the bread bag and began making my sandwich. I felt cold, strong arms wrap me around the waist, pulling me from the counter.
“Fine then, I won’t raise my voice.” He whispered. His breath tickled my ear. I froze. He was so… intoxicating, if you will. How he does it is a mystery. He turned me around to face him and looked me in the eyes. I tried to turn my head so he wouldn’t notice me blushing.
“Look at me,” He insisted, grabbing my face gently, making me look at him in the face. I felt my face burn again as I was blushing like mad. He didn’t seem to care though… I shut my eyes and began to sing to myself to try and keep calm. I wasn’t even sure of what I was singing. When I listened to myself I realized I’d combined six songs and was singing a line from one and then one from another. I decided to stick with Not Good Enough For Truth or Cliché.
“So for now, take this down a notch. Crash my car through your window. Make sure you’re still alive just in time to kill you. Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette. Finger on the trig-” I was cut off as his lips were crushed against mine at that moment. His hands fell from my face and around my slim waist. I found myself kissing back with full force and my fingers tangled in his incredibly soft black locks of hair.
He’s a damn good kisser…I thought to myself as I felt him pull me closer to him. No space existed between us. It went on for a few more seconds before he suddenly froze and pulled away.
“I… I’m sorry.” He apologized suddenly. I suddenly felt guilty for kissing him back. I should have pushed him away. Ugh. That’s what I get for getting caught up in the moment. I glanced up at him and saw that lustful look again. No way was I going to go flirty again…
“Me too.” I stated, debating on whether I wanted to make the sandwich or go back up to my room. Or his room. Damn. I shared a room with him. I might as well go to make the sandwich. Maybe mayonnaise breath would stop him from kissing me once again. He had me cornered into a wall still. I pushed him out of my way and began making my sandwich as if the past three minute’s events had never occurred. What else was I to do? One way or another it would be awkward.
I glanced over to where he was standing and saw he wasn’t there anymore. I looked around the rest of the room and let out a sigh of relief when he wasn’t there.
♠ ♠ ♠
GAH! hello, readers! I would LOVE for you to comment this.
I check this as often as I can and when I get on here I look at my story and find myself saying "HEY! I have two new story comments! Yay!"
So everytime you guys send me comments,
I smile.
The sun shines brighter when more people smile.
so make the day brighter, piggies!
anywhoser, here's chapter three.