I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

I knocked on his door and it opened quickly. He stood there with a thoughtful look on his face. I smiled at him and he gave me a weak smile, then his expression indicated that he went right back to thinking.

“So you called me over. What did you want to talk about?” I asked, getting nervous. What if he was breaking up with me? Had he found out about the thing with Nuri? If so, how did he know? Did Nuri hunt him down and tell him? What was I going to do?

“I was just confused. Like. Every time that things get heated between us, you’ll stop early. But then, the next time things get heated, you’ll go past that point and then stop again. Do… you get what I mean?” He asked. I can honestly tell you guys that I regret worrying about this the entire ride here. I was there, thinking we were going to break up, but all he’s concerned about is the fact that I keep teasing him, but I don’t want to have sex. What a pain in the ass, am I right? At this point, I was really ticked.

“You want to have sex.” I translated. His face turned red for a minute, but my expression remained blank.

“Well to put it bluntly, yeah…” he trailed off waiting for my answer. Can I explain to you how irritated I was by this point? I’d just driven the entire way over here, thinking that it was something really bad and that we were gonna have this huge thing because I cheated on him. I shook my head at him.

“I’m leaving.” I said. I was about to open the door and he stopped me before I could get out.

“See, that’s what I mean! You look like you want to do it as bad as I do, and then out of no where you’ll stop.” He explained.

“I do not want to have sex with you.” I stated. I couldn’t believe that he was making such a big deal out of this. It was sex. Just because I’m not a virgin doesn’t mean I have to be a whore. I don’t want to have sex. End of story.

“Oh…” he murmured, letting go of my arm.

“Now, I’m leaving.” I said again. He just nodded and sat down on the couch, looking upset. I rolled my eyes. I hate this. He was making me feel bad because I wasn’t going to do shit with him. I hate guys. Why couldn’t I be a lesbian? Maybe being roommates with Carsyn wouldn’t have been so bad then. No, scratch that. That’s gross to even think about. No, even if I was a lesbian, I wouldn’t be with Carsyn. She’s like 12. Ew.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and sat down next to Ryan on the couch and began leaving butterfly kisses on his neck. He definitely looked like he was enjoying it, and pushed me down on the couch so that he was over me. He kissed me deeply and then began kissing my neck as I had to his. He was teasing me, just like I’d been teasing him the entire time. But I’m a girl, so it just doesn’t work that way unless you want to have sex. And I don’t. When is he going to understand that it just doesn’t appeal to me? Sigh. I felt his hands pulling at the belt on my pants and I pushed him off of me.

“I already told you that I don’t want to have sex with you. When are you going to realize that I actually mean it?” I asked, getting extremely irritated. He came down and kissed me, then began leaving kisses on my neck.

“Please, baby. I have a condom.” He urged. I shoved him off of me and grabbed my bag, leaving. I hate boys. I really do. I was really fucking irritated. I was in the car, halfway home when my phone rang again. I looked at the caller ID. Ryan. I pressed the ignore button. Fucking pervert. I said no three times. He’s such a goddamn horndog.

My phone began to ring again, and I pressed ignore again. If he called me again I was going to freak out on him. I pulled over at a Wendy’s and sat there, waiting. My phone vibrated the entire seat and I picked it up, opening the text.

From Ryan<3:

Plz? Its strawberry flvrd.


Okay ew. That’s just disgusting. I began texting back.

To Ryan<3:

You’re a fucking horndog.!


Yeah I know. I type everything out. It irritates me when people don’t, so I do. I guess that’s what I get for not getting a phone until I had my first period. That was the rule with my parents. Speaking of which, where the hell have they been for the past five years? I got another text.

From Ryan<3:

I really need to change his contact ID.

Only 4 u bby.

To Ryan<3:

Fuck you.


I got a six piece of chicken sticks in the drive-through. I love chicken sometimes, and I’m really fucking hungry. My phone vibrated.

From Ryan<3:

So u will????


I debated on what to say back. I decided that this was bullshit. I needed to break up with him. If all this kid was going to do was ask me to have sex with him, then I think that it’s about time he’s left where dogs belong; the dump.

To Ryan<3:

Meet me at Wendy’s. I have something for you…


This is where I went into the contact list and took the time to take the heart out of his contact ID. I finished the chicken sticks and my phone vibrated again five minutes later.

From Pervert:

Here.


I looked around and I saw his car parked in the space next to mine. I got out of the car and so did he. When he saw me, he smiled and came over to me and leaned in as if to kiss me. I pushed him back.

“Uh, that wasn’t what I was going to give you. I was going to do this.” I said and slapped him hard across the face. “It’s over, you fucking douchebag.” I got back into the car and pulled out, leaving him there. The best part about leaving Kay and Ray’s was that Ryan never found out where Ari lives. So he couldn’t come looking for me even if he wanted to. Fucking horndog stalker. I hate boys. I got home and I went up to Nuri’s room. I sat down on the bed—my bed—and thought hard about what just happened. I guess it needed to happen. Ryan is such an asshole. Never again. There was a knock on my door.

“Come in,” I called. The door opened and revealed Kavan.

“Hey, sweet. Where’d you go?” he asked. I smiled at him.

“I went to Ryan’s.” I said. I didn’t want to give him all the details of what happened. Mainly because I was totally not in the mood to make out with Kavan, despite how cute he may be.

“Oh? Did you have sex with him, too?” Kavan questioned. I hit his shoulder really hard.

“No, I did not!” I exclaimed, irritated. Can you blame me? That’s why I broke up with the kid! And now Kavan’s going to give me shit because I did stuff with Nuri rather than him. Oh jeeze.

“Whatever you say, sweet.” He said, laughing while getting up. I rolled my eyes as he left the room. I put my head in my hands and thought for a minute. I got bored of just sitting there, thinking, so I decided to go do something. I went downstairs, and sat down and went through the movies that they had. When I didn’t find anything good, I went onto On Demand and found V For Vendetta for free. Funny. Last time I watched this movie in this house, we paid five dollars for it and I was with Nuri. I turned towards the window and saw the tree.

I was mesmerized by the way the ice coated everything on the tree. It was a stunning miracle of nature, to me anyway. Snow fell from the sky, but it was quiet snow, and it fell slowly. There were many feet of snow on the ground and the ice trees were just beginning to be coated with the falling white flakes.

“It’s beautiful,” I stated in awe. Nuri walked up behind me and rested his hands on my hips.

“Indeed it is. I accede completely, but the comparison between a specific individual and a maple tree is simply and purely illogical. This tree is nothing in contrast with this creature of utter beauty.” He replied.


I hugged myself at the memory. I remembered being unsure of what he had said. I remembered the feeling of my heart jumping, and the butterflies that had occupied my stomach when I’d found out that he’d been comparing the tree to myself. I felt it again, and I caught myself smiling and closing my eyes, holding on to the feeling of being utterly wanted in the way that you wished a guy would want you. Why did I ever leave Nuri? He wasn’t a horndog like fucking Ryan. He was so sweet to me. Damn. Why do I fuck everything up?

I grabbed a blanket and clutched it close to me, watching the movie that I knew every line to. Why is it that movies are the only things that ever have real happy endings? Why can’t my life be a fantasy? Ugh. I can’t describe to you how emo I feel right now. I totally want to punch myself in the face, but I guess that’s just the feeling of hopelessness. I turned the movie off before finishing it. I wasn’t in the mood.

I walked into the kitchen and noticed a book on the counter. I stopped in my tracks.

“Uh, who are you?” I asked. The boy glanced up at me from his book. He ignored my question and turned back to his book. How rude could you be?

“I think I asked you a question.” I stated.

“And my name is Nuri.” He replied, finally, not even looking up at me. He was behind the counter and the book was covering his face so I couldn’t get a good enough look at him. Just his hands which weren’t very much to describe. They were just very big. That’s all I could really tell you. At this point I felt so insulted that I’d completely forgotten why I’d come down here in the first place.

“What kind of name is that, anyway?” I asked, rudely. If he was going to hardly acknowledge my questions, I was going to be rude to him, too. He deserved it.

Nuri set the book down and gave me a cold glare of hatred. Woahh. He was gorgeous.


I looked down at the book. It wasn’t the exact book he’d been reading, but the only time I’d ever seen anyone in this entire house with a book was when I was reading Nuri’s journal and when he was reading at this very counter. In the two years that I’d been here, not once had I seen anyone touch any other books. I stared at it silently, before finally deciding to go into the fridge. There I found cream cheese and bagels. Yum!

I ate one bagel in one minute flat with cream cheese smeared on it like holy shit. If there was any way to fit more cream cheese on that bagel, I would have been amazed. I licked the remains of cream cheese from my lips and looked back into the fridge. The only other thing we had in there was grapes. I paused and smiled.

I recalled when Nuri and I got into a fight and it all started with grapes. Simply grapes…

He rolled his eyes at me as I threw a grape up in the air and caught it in my mouth. I smiled triumphantly as I chewed.

“Big whoop. You caught a grape. Even I can do that.” He threw a grape into the air, only for it to smack him in the eye. Rubbing the spot it hit, he glared at me. “Not a word.”

“Okay, since you think you’re a pro at fruit competitions, how about this?” I opened up the refrigerator and retrieved a bag of cherries.

“Oh come on. You know that tying a knot in a cherry stem doesn’t mean you’re a good kisser, it just means you have a strong tongue.” He whined.

“Fine then. I bet you that my tongue is stronger then your tongue, and that I can tie a knot faster than you.” I argued. He raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

“You’re on.” I gave him a cherry and told him to put the cherry in his mouth, and that on the count of three we would start.

“Un, foo, free!” I shouted. I have to admit, we looked odd standing a few feet from each other contorting our tongues. If somebody had walked in on us they would think we were idiots.

I worked quickly, biting down on an end with my teeth. I had been practicing this for years, and no I don’t mean on cherry stems. I was beginning to loop the other end through when Nuri pulled his out and shouted “Done!”

Shooting daggers, I repeated what he had said before. “You’re right, Nuri, it’s not about who’s the better kisser, it’s just who has a stronger tongue.”

“Oh, really? You’re just saying that because I won.” He countered.

“Yes, really. If it was really about who was the better kisser, I would have demolished you.” I teased.

“Prove it.” He stared at me. I was surprised by the emotion that was behind it. His words willing me to do it. I didn’t hesitate.


Can I just say that I love grapes? Who doesn’t love a nice, juicy, purple grape… Oh, who am I kidding? I miss that kid, and I want him bad. Is it really that obvious? Yeah, I guess it is… It’s not like I can do anything about it though. He’s probably not going to come back to see me any time soon. I’ll be best friends with Carsyn before he decides to come and clarify things again. But it’s not clarity that I want. It’s very much the opposite. I want to have a relationship with Nuri again. I want to be his girlfriend. I want to be the girl that he’s absolutely terrified of losing because he loves her so much.

The scary part about all of this, is that he’d explained to me very recently that I had more than two chances to have that with him, and there was always something in the way. But now, when I want it the most, I am almost positive that the option has been torn away from me. And there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
bwahahaha. only five more to go.!
-molly.