Stay Awake

Eight.

I woke up as I hear the sound of whispering laughter. I can barely open my eyes; lights were flashing which made it even harder to open my eyes.

“Oh crap, she’s waking up!” whispered a voice I recognize.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. When I opened my eyes, Jeremy and Zack were trying to look innocent.

“Afternoon sunshine.” Said Zac in a weird way. He was half laughing while Jeremy chuckled.

“…Err, morning. How did you guys know Hanna’s here?” I asked, and yawned.

“It’s on your personal message, Hayles.” Answered Jeremy.

I looked up my blackberry and saw that I was still online. Zac was hiding something from his back, and I was suspicious that it had something to do with the lights and the laughter.

“What you got there, Zachary?” I asked Zac while I peeked at what he was trying to hide.

“It’s nothing.” Said Zac nervously. Suddenly Jeremy burst out in laughter, which made Hanna wake up too.

“Hanna!” I shouted and hugged her, forgetting all about what Zac and Jeremy were hiding.

“Hey sweets, I can’t breathe here! It’s only like a few hours.” Laughed Hanna.

“Yeah but I was worried, even though I just fell asleep.”

“Zac! Jeremy!” said Hanna. They both smiled. “What’s all the commotion?”

“Jeremy and Zac were hiding something.”

“Oh? What is it?” asked Hanna while I walked behind Zac. Then next thing I know, Jeremy and Hanna were talking about something else.

I ran my fingers from the back of Zac’s neck to his hands, which made Zac tingle. Weird thing is, he didn’t slap me. He just let my fingers running. Maybe he thought that I was trying to make him horny, when I didn’t.

“AHAAA!” I screamed while grabbing the thing from behind Zack’s back.

“Crap!” shouted Zac while I was running away with Zac’s cell phone on my hands. I saw that there were pictures of me sleeping with my mouth open. So that’s why they’ve been laughing and there were lights flashing on my eyes!

“Oh you morons! You took a picture of me with flashes on?” I said to Zac and Jeremy while deleting the pictures.

“See Zac! I told you, you should’ve turned the flash off!” blamed Jeremy to Zac.

“Who cares, I’ve uploaded it to Facebook and tagged everyone!” Screamed Zac.

“YOU UPLOADED IT TO FACEBOOK?!?!?!” I screamed in horror. Those pictures were so humiliating! They all laughed and didn’t care about my loud scream. Then suddenly the phone rang. Without saying anything, Zac ran to me and grab his phone to answer it.

“Hello?”

He talked and talked, and finally…

“Okay I’ll go there, ASAP. Bye.” Zac hung up the phone.

“Who is it, Zac?” asked Jeremy.

“It’s Josh, he said we have to go and practice for the tour at home. We need to get going now.” Answered Zac.

“What? Don’t leave me alone!” Hanna frowned.

“Aww sorry, Hanna. But the tour’s 5 days away so we need to practice soon.” I explained to Hanna and she nodded. “If you need anything, just call me, okay?” I said, trying to comfort her.

“Okay, thanks Hayley, bye-bye!”

“Bye Hanna! Get well soon!” we all shouted, Hanna waved and smiled at us.

30 minutes later at the Farro’s…

We straightly went to Josh’s room. And Josh was sitting on his bubble chair, playing the guitar.

“BOOM!!!” I shouted, trying to scare Josh, while Zac ran into him and tackled him. Jeremy was laughing at Josh’s girly scream.

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?!” Said Josh, screaming, while getting his brother off of him.

“Nothing?” I answered.

Zac got off of Josh.

Josh stood up and said, “Oh never mind, let’s just start planning the set list.”

“Okay, let’s gooooooooo!!” I said with high spirit. Everybody was just looking at me, confused. I ignored them and grabbed Josh’s small notebook on his desk and start writing.

“Wait! Who’s gonna play first? All Time Low or us?” Asked Jeremy. We all went quiet because none of us knew the answer. After 5 minutes my blackberry rang.

“Hello?” I answered the phone. “Oh hi, John, we were just talking about the set list for the tour. Oh, oh by the way, who’s gonna play first? All Time Low? Okay, thanks, bye!” Then I hung up the phone.

“Who is it?” asked Zac.

“It’s my dog…” I answered him like it was really my dog calling, then I stared at him, but he formed an ‘O’ on his mouth. I waited for him to realize his stupidity.

“…Wait, you don’t have a dog. And dogs can’t talk!” said Zac sounding really stupid.

“Who am I kidding of course it wasn’t my dog! It’s John.” I replied him while Josh and Jeremy just laughed. “So, All Time Low’s going to play first. And, what’s the first song we’re going to play?” I asked to anyone who has an idea. But no one answered, maybe because they were all thinking. Including myself. So I just doodled stuff on the notebook when suddenly Josh said something.

“What about My Heart?”

“I think we should play a song from Riot! first.” I said, disagreeing on Josh’s idea.

“And besides, My Heart is kind of a slow song. It will be like, boring if we played a slow song first. We should play something that’ll fire up people’s spirits!” Added Jeremy.

“Why not Let The Flames Begin?” I suggested.

“Yeah, let’s play that first!” said Zac.

“Oh, I don’t know.” Josh answered.

“Yeah and I’ve got an idea for the intro too.” Said Jeremy happily.

We all continued discussing about the intro, and the rest of the set list. We’ll even play Decode and I Caught Myself. And so far, the set list is:

1. Let The Flames Begin
2. For A Pessimist, I’m Pretty Optimistic
3. Hallelujah
4. Emergency
5. That’s What You Get
6. My Heart
7. When It Rains
8. Crushcrushcrush
9. Misery Business
10. Decode

We might or might not change it. But we always change our minds, so I don’t know.

After we were done discussing the set list, I sat on the floor and played the guitar. When suddenly a wonderful, delicious, mouth-watering smell entered my nostrils.

“Mmm, what’s that smell?” I asked, smelling the ‘smell’.

“Ooooh, Mr. Farro’s cookin’!” Said Jeremy, excited.

“Want to go and see what dad’s cooking?” Asked Zac with a playful smirk.

“YES YES YES PLEASE!” I immediately said and stood up automatically. Josh smiled and led us downstairs to the kitchen.

“Hey Mr. Farro!” I greeted him joyfully.

”Oh hi Hayley, Zac, Jeremy, and Josh!” said Mr. Farro.

“Walnut chicken?” I asked.

“Yes, and it’s done! Want a plate, guys?”

We all nodded. Everyone loves Mr. Farro’s famous walnut chicken, especially me.

I grabbed a plate and Mr. Farro gave me a piece of the chicken. While Zac (the last one to wait for the chicken) was waiting for his piece, I was almost done. What can I say? I’m hungry, and I eat a lot faster when I’m eating Mr. Farro’s food.

“Hayley you’re such a pig.” Josh laughed at me because I ate so fast and I was really messy.

“So how’s the practice?” Asked Mr. Farro.

“We just made the set list for the tour.” I answered because I was already done with my chicken.

“What?! But the tour’s 5 days away!” Said Mr. Farro, shocked.

“Don’t worry, dad! We’re professionals. Well, I’M professional.” Said Zac proudly. We all rolled our eyes. Even Mr. Farro.

“Hey why don’t we practice after this?” suggested Jeremy.

We all nodded and continued eating, except me, of course.

About half an hour had passed and they were all done eating. We went upstairs and practiced half of the set list.

We were done practicing at about 8 pm. After that I went home by taxi to grab my pillow and some Spongebob DVDs, in case Hanna and I got bored. And I can’t sleep without my pillow.

I drove to the hospital with my own car this time. When I came in to Hanna’s room, she was already asleep. I didn’t want to sleep yet because I didn’t feel that tired, and it’s 8.45 pm. So I went online on my blackberry and saw someone added me.

Jack (jackbarakat_atl@hotmail.com) would like to add you.

I pressed Ok and scrolled through the whole contact list, and again, no one’s fun to chat with. So as I scroll, I saw that Jack guy’s name. Who the hell is that?

Hayley! says:
Who is this?

Jack says:[/b}
i’m jack, and you?

Hayley! says:
Hayley, nice to meet you.

Jack says:
nice to meet u too hayley.

Hayley! says:
Umm, where did you get my msn?

Jack says:
i got it from John, our tour manager guy.

Hayley! says:
Ohh.

Hayley! says:
Hey wait, tour?

Jack says:
yeah, we’re going on tour right? i’m the guitarist of all time low.

Hayley! says:
Ohhh so you’re jack. yeah, we’re going on tour together.

So we chat, chat, and chat until it was about 9.30. I was already tired at that time

Jack says:
hahahaha

Hayley! says:
Ahaha yeah. Hey jack, I’m tired now, I wanna sleep.

Jack says:
ohh okay. c u at tour!

Hayley! says:
Byeee.

Then I signed out, grabbed my pillow, turned the lights off, and slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
jack's email isn't real, i just made it up (of course).
and by the way, i know taylor york's actually in the band, but i already forgot to mention from the start, so it'll be weird if he just pops in the middle of the story. i think i wont mention him in this story.