‹ Prequel: Moving On
Sequel: My Immortal

It's Not Over

Chapter 5

Sam stretched no news from anyone; Jimmy had not called her so nothing major had happened between Zacky and everyone else. They were all waiting for him to blow up, show anything besides moping around and getting drunk.

She moved but hit something warm; startled she jumped out of bed. Only to be greeted by a pair of very warm brown startled eyes. “Hi,” he grumbled and rubbed his face.

“When did you get in?” Sam asked getting back into bed.

“This morning, I didn’t want to wake you,” Brian said as he wrapped his arms around her and brought her close to him.

“Hm...this is a nice surprise,” Sam said letting herself be hugged and she kissed his lips.

“I bed, you missed me just as much as I missed you,” Brian said as he deepened the kiss. Sam placed her hand on his chest, he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Only in his boxers Sam could feel all of him.

“I need to go, I have a meeting this morning,” Sam said as she let herself be cuddled.

“I know, I want sleep for a while, I need all my energy for later on today,” Brian said.

“You’re staying the whole day?” Sam asked as she got out of bed and put her hair up in a pony tail.

“The whole weekend,” Brian said as he rolled on his stomach.

“Sweet, I’ll bring lunch home,” Sam said as she got dressed and found all her stuff. She stopped by the flower shop close to the hospital and picked up some tulips.

When she got to the hospital the nurse told her someone’s already there. She went into the room and Zacky looked up at her. “Hi,” Sam said as she moved to find a vase and noticed the flowers next to Jo’s bed. Fire Lilies.

“Hi,” Zacky said. He was holding Jo’s hand, he looked tired.

“When did you get here?” Sam asked.

“I left after Brian,” Zacky said not taking his eyes off Jo.

“She’s pretty now,” Sam said.

“She’s always pretty,” Zacky said. “The bruising has gone down I’m glad about that.”

“Well I’m going to work, I just stopped by to see her,” Sam said realizing she needed to give Zacky time.

“I’ll walk you to your car,” he said as he stood up and kissed Jo on the cheek whispering, “I’ll be right back.”

They walked in silence, then went to the parking space where Sam had left the car. Zacky wrapped his coat around him tighter. “I’m sorry,” Sam said.

“It’s ok, do you think it’s fiction?” Zacky asked. He looked really beat and saying

“Do you want the truth?” Sam asked.

“Yes,” Zacky said looking at her with pleading eyes, the shine in them gone away. All she could see was sadness.

“I don’t think you’re ready for everything Zacky, she knew it.” Sam tapped the hood of the car looking away.

“That’s bull shit.” Zacky was angry. “The whole her not being good enough for me is bull shit we both know it.”

“She knew something that ...” Sam was cut off.

“Look I respect you, you’re one of my best friends but you can’t fucking agree with her, what the fuck is wrong with you?” Zacky’s voice rose.

“I don’t fucking agree with her, but the moment she told you to move on you hooked up with Dana, remember her you fucking girlfriend.” It was Sam’s turn to get angry.

“Sam,” Zacky’s voice revealed hurt.

“Zacky, she cared for you, now I don’t know anymore, I just want her to wake the fuck up already. It’s tearing everyone to pieces,” Sam looked at him and dragged him into her arms he hugged her back. It was the first human touch he had received in a while.

“She has to, she has to come back,” Zacky said shaking his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Sam you got to give him a hug.
♥♥♥♥♥♥