A Perfect Love Story Until He Met Bert

I love you

Frank's POV

It's about 11.30 now and there is still no sign of Gerard, Mikey and the guys are all asleep upstairs. I actually find myself getting worried a bit; after all he said that he’d be back later in the afternoon. So I sit in front of the TV watching a show that I’ve never seen before called Shortland St, apparently it's new and from New Zealand; it's pretty interesting.

Another 5 minutes pass and my eyelids start to feel heavy, and I feel myself slowly falling asleep, when I hear the front door open and see Gerard walking through with his hands in his pockets and his hood on.

“Hello” I greet.

“Hey, where’s everyone else?” he asks.

“Oh they’re asleep” I reply scratching my head.

“Oh I see were you waiting up for me?” he giggles taking his shoes off.

“Uh no, just couldn’t get to sleep” I reply nervously.

“Sure” he laughs sitting down beside me.

There is an awkward silence between us as we watch the ending of Shortland St, I can tell that he wants to talk to me about something important.

“So what was that show? I’ve never seen it before” Gerard asks.

“Shortland St, it's from New Zealand” I reply.

“Oh yep”

“Okay Gerard, what do you want to tell me” I say.

“Ae?” he replies.

“I know you have something to tell me, we were together for 3 years so I know a lot about you”

“Okay, well, I’ve been with Bert, all day today, I met him at the local park” he says.

Bert, I hate that name, every time I hear it I cringe, and feel all my insides start to boil.

“Okay” I reply trying to keep my cool.

“I thought I still loved him, i thought that he was my one true love but..”

“But what” I ask.’

“I was just trying to trick myself in believing that he was, but the truth is that you are the one I truly love”

“I love you Frankie and I’ve regretted ever since that day ever cheating on you, ive regretted loosing your trust, and ive regretted loosing you”

I stare at him half shocked and half happy. This is all ive wanted ever since that day.

“I think you know what I want Frankie, I understand if you don’t want to” Gerard says patting my knee.

“Yes I do, i want you back, it's been so hard being with out you, ive missed you so much, even though I don’t trust you completely yet I know for sure that I want to be with you” I say.

“Okay I understand that, we can just take things slow, we don’t need to rush anything, we’ve got a long time before we tour again, so we have a while to sort things out” Gerard says giving a small smile.

“Yea, take things slow” I breathe feeling a tingling sensation run over me.

“I'm glad that we sorted things out, I love you Frankie”

“I love you too”