Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

Jealous=No Trust

"Hey, Emmett." I turned to face him with a smile that dropped as soon as I made out the jealous expression on his face. I had to squint a little as part of him shined in the partial sunlight

A low growl vibrated from Jake's throat as he stared down Emmett who stared him down as well. Guess it kind of slipped huh? Rolling my eyes, I stood up facing Emmett. My eyes lingered down to his hands and found a single flower, one of my favorite ones. My smile came back to me as I walked towards him, "For me?"

Emmett snapped out of it and looked to me with a small smile. Nodding, he handed it to me. The smile on my face brightened up even more once the flower was in my hand.

Image

"Edward told me they were-"

"Your favorite flower." Jake finished for Emmett.

Its scent brightened me up totally as its colors shined brighter in the light. The contract was big between the red and white against my lightly tanned skin. But unlike other vamps, my skin didn't shine up very much in the light like barely either of my twins did.

"Your welcome." He smiled wide looking at me.

Not having much time to react, Emmett was quick to reel me in to him. His lips were rough against mine and I noticed it was a jealous act. Staying still, I protected the flower in my hands from the massive marble statue that was crushing me. Even though I liked it, I bit his lip a bit hard to give him the hint to stop.

"Let's take you hunting, then." He looked down at me. "You are thirsty, you bit my lip for blood."

"Let me go change first." I pulled from his arms. "Give me a few to change."

"Alright." He kissed me on the cheek not like he used to.

"...Yeah..." I nodded and ran full speed home to my room to change.

//Don't start a fight, Emmett.// I threatened in my mind as I ran.

He didn't respond so I'm hoping nothing goes bad. I put the flower on my bed as I rushed into the bathroom. As quick as I could, I showered and changed my clothes except for my shoes. Putting on some jeans, a long sleeve sweater I jumped back out of the window with my hair blowing like a large, long black cape behind me spreading my scent even more. I got back to the clearing in record timing to find Emmett talking to Nanuq and Aarluk, each with their lover. Jake was gone, but his scent told me he was with the other wolves.

"What did I miss?" I asked somewhat out of breath.

"Nothing." The three guilty guys told me as they tried to pass on innocent faces.

"Right," I rolled my eyes. "Can we go now? Else I'm goin' on my own."

"Alright. Alright." Emmett was at my side with his lips on my neck the next second. "Let's go."

"Later, kids." I blew a kiss at the twins in front of their lovers.

"Mom." Both boys groaned as their girlfriends chuckled.

"I wiped your butt, remember?" I laughed with Emmett as he grabbed my hand and we took off.

//What was that back there?// I asked as we ran through the thick forest insearch of my meal.

//What are you talking about?// He played dumb with me.

That's when I skid to a stop, letting my hand slip out of his. I stood there waiting for him to get back to me. And he did, he just wouldn't look at me. Shifting my weight to one side, I crossed my arms over my chest as I waited for him to explain this to me.

"Look." His head shot up, his face 100% serious. "A week ago you left me saying that you could never love me. Did you know how much that hurt me?"

"I had no choice," I said sternly. "He would have killed her if I hadn't done the trade. You don't know James like I do."

"And NOW," he cut me off, "I have you back with me and the first time I see you fully aware and conscious, you flirt with Jacob! How am I supposed to act?"

"We weren't flirting!" I argued. "I went to find my boys and saw they were training. Jake couldn't get them going, so I stepped in to help. Didn't you see how tired the three of us were?"

"Why were you two sitting next to each other, laughing, and you playfully shoved him." Emmett's jealousy was getting the best of him now.

"Why are you so freaking jealous?!" I shouted at him as he towered above me, right infront of me. "You have me, what more do you want from me?!" Memories of me accepting to being his came back, I should haven't have agreed...

"Because the girl I love still has feelings for her ex!" He shouted at me in despair, his voice cracked a little.

"We weren't flirting!" I shouted back at him, turning my back to him. "What I said back then was the only way to get you to let me go. And with the way you are acting," I turned my head back to him, "maybe we weren't meant to be."

"What?" He couldn't believe what I was saying.

"You herd me, Emmett." I shook my head with stinging eyes and walked off east. "If you can't trust me, when I trust you, then there can't be anything between us."

"Kay!" He shouted after me as I maneuvered through the trees.

My feet kept on walking at human pace through the forest as I tried to concentrate on finding something to feed on. The thirst burned my throat like fire, I needed blood and I needed it now. Emmet's screaming had scared off all the animals here and the wolves even worse. Picking up my feet, I ran smoothly in my black wedge heels branch to branch insearch of a buck or mountain goat of some kind.