Alone Together Alone

Chapter 11

“So Pete, what happened when you went to the address?” I was back at Dr Tayer’s office, this time on my properly scheduled day and she was back to asking me questions and peering at me through her black rimmed glasses. I wasn‘t sure whether that meant every other day she‘d worn contacts or if they were just for the look.

“It was the house from the dreams.” I said confidently, I knew I’d been right.

Her face seemed surprised. “Really?” She grabbed her notepad and the pen she had resting behind her ear looking more than prepared to write everything that spilled from my lips.

“Yeah and the girl Erin was there.”

This time she smiled, “Really?” She repeated with a different tone to her voice almost like she was amused this time, I felt as though I‘d just told her I‘d run into her old friend and she was about to ask me how she‘s been.

“Yeah, the exact same girl. Looked just like she did in the dream, and answered to the same name and everything. She even went out to dinner with me just so I could talk to her. She didn’t even seemed creeped out by the whole situation.”

Dr Tayer chuckled, “She’s lived in LA too long if some guy telling her he’s been having dreams with her in them didn't startle her at all.”

I laughed at that too. “Yeah I was totally terrified she was going to have some beefy boyfriend that was going to beat the crap out of me for even showing up asking for his girlfriend.” I paused until I remembered that I had told her about the woman in the drug store, Erin. “Oh!” I blurted right as I remembered, “The woman I told you about, from the drug store, that was the same woman that opened the door. It was Erin.”

Again she looked shocked, “Really?”

“Yes, and the little girl in her arms was her daughter.”

“She has a daughter?” She grew more shocked with each response. “You didn’t tell me about the little girl.”

My eyebrow went up at that point, I didn’t know why the little girl was such a big deal. “Yeah... She’s a pretty little girl. Looks a lot like her mom, except her skin is darker and she has green eyes instead of blue.”

Dr Tayer looked at me more appraisingly now, smirking. “I’m sure she’s beautiful.”

I tried to ignore the way she was smirking at me. “So what does it mean Dr Tayer I have prophetic dreams?” I knew it was all over, this would be my last appointment. I didn’t need to see her anymore so I needed the overview of why I needed her for as long as I did.

“It means my work here is done and I can go out for an early lunch with my husband.” She smiled hugely as she stood up.

At that very moment there was a knock on the door before the door opened slowly revealing a man with a very deep complexion, black sunglasses, and a walking stick; a blind man.

“You ready honey?” He asked into the room in Dr Tayer’s direction.

He was so familiar.

“Yeah I am.” Then she put her attention back to me. “I had a feeling you wouldn’t need me anymore after going to the place your dreams were leading you. I’m not charging you for this week since you spent hardly any time here today.”

She walked to the door and stopped once she put her hand on the door.

She turned back to me with a devious glint in her eyes. “And Pete, tell Erin Cleo sends her highest regards and says ’You’re welcome.’” With that she turned and left the room leaving me alone in her office.

Cleo, that sounded so familiar.

I looked back to the name plate that I noticed the first time I was here.

“Dr. C. A. Tayer”

So her first name is Cleo.

The good question is, why would Erin know her?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so short you guys should just shoot me.

But how many of you guys expected that?
You all remember who Cleo was right?
I don't think I dropped enough hints for anyone to have really fully anticipated that.