Inanimate Objects

Nappies And Babie's Bottles

“Baby your going to be fine, breath, breath” Ville calmed the sweaty skater down, hand held in his own as he tried to sooth the younger male.

“It fucking hurts!!” Bam screamed in pain, squeezing Ville’s hand tighter, making the Finn squeak from the sudden pain rushing through his hand. The nurse had come in and told them Bam was ready for labour, now they where waiting for a doctor who went to get coffee 20 minutes ago.

“The fucker should be here, my boyfriend is in labour now!” Ville shouted to the nurse who asked if everything was alright.

Bam’s whimpers and pants had filled the room long since. Suddenly the doctor rushed into the room, a plastic apron being tied around his waist by an attractive young nurse.

“Okay we better get this baby out” He said, the stench of coffee from his already sick breath, making Ville want to puke “Okay, one big push” He said calmly, a latex glove covered hand going under the blanket around Bam’s bottom half.

“I’m here baby , your going to be okay” Ville whispered to his boyfriend, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

**

“Ville, the baby needs changing and I don’t know how to do it” Bam bit his lip while talking to Ville down the phone. Ville was at work, trying to keep the income in enough to keep renting the apartment.

“Okay do it as I tell you” He heard the Finn sigh “Nappy”

“Check”

“Powder”

“Check”

“Wipe”

“Check” Bam laughed.

“Okay, throw the sick nappy in the bin and wipe her ass” Bam groaned, not loving the situation all that much.

“Then powder”

Bam did as he was told “Tuck the back of the nappy underneath her ass and fold the front up and fasten the sides. Simple enough, I’ll be home soon, okay baby?”

“Yeah, thanks and I love you baby” He said with a smile covering his face.

“You too”

The two hung up, Bam looking towards the babies bottle and sighing once more “Now how the fuck do I make the milk” he looked over at the month old baby “I should know how to do this by now” He shook his head and put the tinned powdered milk away, going over to the fridge and getting a carton of milk out, pouring some into the bottle and placing it down on the counter, laughing to himself.

He took the baby girl into his arms and rocked her back and forth “I’m the happiest father on earth” He smiled down at the hungry baby.

“No I am” He heard Ville’s voice from the doorway, placing his bags down in the kitchen and walking over to his boyfriend and child “I just couldn’t stop thinking about you, so I came home” he sat on the couch, feeling the temperature of the babies bottle “Bammie, it’s cold” He started with a raised eyebrow.

Bam gave an innocent look “I didn’t know how to make the milk” He gave a nervous laugh and placed the bottle down.

Ville let out a small chuckle, standing and taking the bottle with him. He returned moments later, testing the temperature of the milk on his arm “You’re like a miracle worker” Bam said, kissing the Finn on the cheek and passing him the baby.

“I never wanted a baby before I was married” Ville stated with furrowed eyebrows “But now that it’s happened, I couldn’t be happier. I’ve had a child with the love of my life” he glanced over at Bam who was watching Ville feed the baby intently “But that doesn’t mean we can’t get married” Bam’s gaze connected with Ville’s, a grin crossing his face.

“Will you marry me Ville?” Bam asked, the grin not shifting.

Ville’s eyes flew wipe open, his heart raced and he only just managed to struggle out a quite “Yes” before having Bam’s arms wrapped around himself and the baby.

“Now, I am definitely the happiest father in the world” He smiled, kissing Ville’s lips softly