Status: I've been hard at work! Tell me what you think!!!

Long Forgotten Faces

Chapter 3

There was Emmett Cullen, looking like a marble statue, still and smooth standing in the moon lit doorway. He was beautiful I couldn’t begin to express how he looked it seemed as if he hadn’t changed at all in almost 200 years of being alive. I didn’t understand how this could be, the man was supposed to be dead but here he was not looking a day over 20. I couldn’t speak I just sat there on my floor staring at him.
“It’s alright, Selena I won’t hurt you, not anymore at least.”
“What do you mean not anymore, and how do you know my name?” I asked stubbornly.
He smiled, it was so cute yet fierce at the same time “When I first started coming back here, a few months ago, I thought I was going to hurt you, you just smelled so tantalizing, but I learned to control myself and I know you because I’ve been keeping an eye on you for the past few months.”
“That’s a little creepy dude, no offence………………….holy crap I know what you guys are now!” I exclaimed thinking about what he’d said and how in the pictures they never seemed to change. “Are you guys moving back to Forks?” I asked, seriously there is a vampire standing in my room admitting to me that at some point he’d wanted to kill me yet somehow I knew he wouldn’t if anything he’d keep me safe.
Emmett nodded “Yes we are, though it will be very different with out Rosalie now.” He stated somewhat lost in thought.
“Rosalie……….I looked at the pictures again and asked “She was you’re wife wasn’t she?”
Once again he nodded and walked over to sit next to me on the bed, “She left me though about 40 years ago for some guy in Russia. I’ve learned to live again though, mostly thanks to you…………you’ve showed me that no matter what happens in life there is always something to look forward to.”
I turned and sat looking at him curiously “How have I done that I don’t even know you?”
“You’re parents we’re killed brutally only a few months ago and you still have the courage to stand up and keep on living, you dealt with the depression and loneliness and you’ve smiled again! I knew that if you could do it so could I.”
“You know about my parents?” I asked sadly.
He nodded and said “Yes I do its part of the reason we are moving back. They were killed by a group of nomadic vampires. We have a treaty with the Quileutes down in La Push; no human is to be harmed in Forks or in La Push. So we are here to figure out who it was and decide their punishment, as discreetly as possible because we do like living here.”
“If you find them kill them!” I growled balling my fists tightly.
Emmett sighed “I would and if that is what we decide then I will but Carlisle is very……how do it put it, he’s very lenient, he’s against killing anyone, human or vampire, but we may turn them over to the wolves.”
I sighed and nodded un-balling my fists “I understand, so where are you guys going to live?”
“We were going to ask you if its alright if we move back here, but we completely understand if you don’t want us too, it is your home after all.”
I smiled and said “It is also your home, I haven’t touched anything that belonged to you, and if I can still live here as well then I don’t mind but I have no where else to go.”
I looked him in the eye as he smiled softly at me “I will speak with Carlisle and Esme and let you know what they think in the morning but for now you need your rest.” He reached up and gently brushed back my bangs. “I will see you in the morning Selena”
I smiled and said “Goon night Emmett.” I lay down, as he walked out of my room.