Vampires will never hurt you (I promise)

chapter 5

She starts to kiss my neck while trying to unbuckle my belt. "Stop." I pant out. She looks at me in confusion. "We're not ready for this kinda thing." I try to convince her. She looks at me and smiles but not of happiness. "Your right....I'm sorry." I run my hand down her face. "Don't be sorry. You did nothing wrong." I kiss her forehead. She kisses my lips once more. "I want to tell you so much.....I'm just afraid that our relationship will not stay the same." I look away from her. She turns my face with her hand. I was looking at her once more. "Gerard..." Sarah looks at me with sad eyes. "I will always be with you no matter what. I promise." She held my hand in hers. Right at that moment I knew she felt the connection between us. She had feeling for me, as I did for her. I'm still not sure if she loves me but I knew I loved her. I can't do this. I'm a vampire and she is a human. We could never be together as long as we wanted to. She would someday get tired of my apperance and leave me. "I know. I can tell by your eyes. Still, I want to wait. Only a little while." I tell her. She still looked sad but put on a smile. "Okay. I will wait for you. I will wait for eturnity if I have to." She said. I felt a shock go threw my body once she said eturnity. She did love me.

I held her in my arms for a long minute. We stood in pure silence. She cuddled close to me while I was stroking her hair. I guess she hates this world as much as I do. I would'nt want to keep her in just for my sakes. I would'nt want a life of forever ether. I've myself got suisidal for a while. Failed attempt after failed attempt. I've slit my wrist, hung myself, threw myself off of tall buildings, and drowned myself. The next day I wake up as if nothing happened.

I hated a life of eturnity and I did'nt want to ruin Sarah's life. She was like a fragile flower to me. I would do anything to make her happy. I love her. Being with her turns my cold blood warm. Shes the red to my rose. I swear on my cold dead body I will never let another vampire hurt her. "Sarah, can I tell you something no one else knows?" I ask her. "Yeah. What is it Gerard?" She asks. This was it. This was the moment I was going to reveal my secret to a human. "Im.....Im a-"

Before I could finish there was a loud bang downstairs. It sounded like someone fell off a chair or something similar to that. Sarah jumped to the sound but I didnt. "Wait here." I tell Sarah arising from the bed. "Okay." Her voice had fear. Before I walked out of the bedroom door Sarah called out to me. "Becareful!" I look at her and smile then I fled downstairs.

Once I got downstairs I looked around. Nothing was out of place, only the front door was broken down. "What the fuck?" I say to myself. I walk over to were the front door used to be. The door was laying flat on the floor. The hindges were what to appeared to be ripped off. I look at the broken door more closly. This was'nt done by a mortal. Have other vampires found my location? If so what were they after? I thought for a moment in silence. Then it came to me. "Sarah."