Chin Up Love

This Is Reality

I sat out the front of the school for about 15minutes before Oli arrived. People had been staring and pointing and I was clearly today’s topic of gossip, I felt awkward and uncomfortable and I didn’t know what to do.
But finally he arrived looking a little frazzled and sleepy but there he was Oliver Sykes with Tom following slowly behind.

“Hey…are you ready for this?” he asked sympathetically
“No people are staring, I even had a few people walk past and go inside and come out again moments later with like 5 other people, laugh and go back inside”
“Oh love” Oli said sadly pulling me to his side and I let myself rest there for a few moments
“Ok let’s go” I said standing up and pulling Oli along with me

We got inside and it seemed as though everyone had stopped whatever it was they were doing and turned to look at me, maybe it was just me who noticed im not sure but that’s how it seemed. I felt horribly self conscious and judged and I hated it.

Continuing to walk side by side with Oli I felt a hand pat me on the back I didn’t jump and I wasn’t scared as to whom it may be, it felt comforting so I turned slowly to see Tom walking on my other side

“Don’t worry Lacey the Sykes brothers got your back” he smiled proudly and I gave a genuine smile back before he took off walking a little in front of us until he was out of our site. Oli on the other hand had draped his large arm around my shoulders and pulled me a little closer.

I had made it to lunch well that’s what I thought. I was almost at the cafeteria when I heard my name being called it didn’t sound pleasant so I turned around with more caution in my step. It happened to be Bret and I knew this wasn’t going to be good.

“So it’s true?” he questioned coming up to me and getting awfully close intimidating me a little
“What’s true?” I ask simply
“The fact that your cheating on me with that scum” god I was getting sick of that word
“One Oli is not a scum, and two its not like you haven’t been cheating on me with Brittany for only god knows how long” I replied not sounding hurt by this at all, Bret on the other hand was taken aback a little.
“You know you had it all; Brittany, me, friends, popularity you were accepted you had everything you wanted and now you have thrown it all away for what some piece of crap tattooed kid” Bret speaks with a cold voice like he is my farther, this is the speech I would expect from my farther but that speech I knew would come a little later in the day.

“No Bret I threw it all in for myself” I say turning on my heel to leave before turning around once more
“And if you touch him Bret you will have hell to pay” all I get in reply is a smirk his awful smirk

Finally reaching the cafeteria I get my food and find a seat next to Oli everyone was looking at me, staring, confused and talking I even have someone rude and dumb enough to point at me. I wanted to get up and scream to stand on the table and tell them all to mind their own fucken business but I don’t. I sit and look at the glum mess of food on my plate and slum back a little. I feel Oli’s hand touch my knee and give it a small squeeze I look up and find that the table I am sitting at has a few friendly faces at it, Tom, Pauline and Alex and even a few faces that have never spoken to me before seem friendly enough not scrutinizing or judging and I silently thank Oli for explaining everything to them.

I manage to get through lunch quite well, with Oli’s arm around my waist for most of the time I give him a kiss on the cheek as a sign of thanks. Just before lunch is over I leave to go to the bathroom before I head off to my last two classes of the day and then lucky me gets to face the music that is my parents.

Why could I not just go to the bathroom in peace? Before I even got to the door I was stopped by none other then my supposed best friend. Brittany McAllen.

“So miss perfection finally cracks under pressure” she laughs and I just stand there like she’s boring me out of my mind. I will not let her get to me.
“So that was one good photo Ashley got” she continued laughing a little
“Is there something you want?” I asked getting a little impatient
“Oh not really just to humiliate you a little more then im sure you already are” she replied slyly
“You know Brittany I always knew you were an ugly two faced bitch but seriously just get lost” I replied sourly
“Oh don’t worry Lacey I don’t want to have anything to do with you anymore no one does well no one worth knowing anyway…I hope you know you have lost everything” she replied like she was god
“Don’t worry Brittany I won’t miss any of it” I said before pushing through the bathroom doors.

In all honestly I was a little wary I didn’t like this the whole being the center of attention when I was ‘popular’ I just let everything happen around me never made myself the center of attention but I always seemed to be the favourite of those around me. Now I was on the total opposite end of the scale causing more drama and turmoil then I ever wanted. So I hoped it was all worth it.

Finally getting to the bathroom I had to laugh this was incredible there it was the picture Ashley had gotten the day before was plastered all over the walls and mirror even entering a toilet cubicle I found myself looking at Oli and I on the back of the door. I bet Brittany knew and thought I would come running out crying. But now I was kind of loving it. Well maybe that’s not the write wording but seriously this was funny as hell. I had gone from seriously dreading coming to school dreading having to face everyone and now I just wanted to show them who I really was to say ‘hey yea this is me baby what the fuck are you going to do about it’.

I quickly made my way back to where Oli and the rest of the guys were sitting at the lunch table surprisingly the bell hadn’t gone to signal the end of lunch yet and rather joyously I popped myself on the seat next to Oli.

“Are you okay?” he asked a little shocked by my mood
“Yea, you wanna hear something funny?” I asked but he didn’t reply “We are plastered all over the girl’s bathroom” I said and he just kind of looked at me like what-the-fuck
“Oh shit im sorry I tried to pull as many as I could down this morning someone must have put more up” Pauline cut in
“Its okay” I said smiling “I don’t really care anymore” I stated
“Well someone bounces back fast” Alex chuckled
I gave a small smile and put my head down examining the table before me as my hair fell forward covering my face a little I still had half the cafeteria staring at me
“Come here” Oli said putting an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him to the extent that my legs were placed over the top of his and my head rested on his chest. I felt safe right there with Oli, there was no denying that.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i havent updated in ages been uber bussy and i start school again 2moz
i am also thinking of starting another story with completly original characters
so yea
ill let you guys know when that is up

COMMENT ME and let me know what you think i know this is all very chlique but im about to mix it up get ready
<3