It's Our Time to Shine

A Touch of Nervousness.

”Hey, there’s the sign!”, Dan burst out, looking out of the small window next to him.
“What sign, doofus?”
“The Orem sign. And doofus right back atcha, Quinn.”
“Shut it the both of you. So, the Orem sign, eyh? Well, that gives us about 15 more minutes until we’re there. Fuck, where are we gonna park the bus?”
Bert scratched his 3-day beard as he had a philosophical look upon his face, trying to figure out what to do with the tour bus.

“The crew’ll handle that, won’t they?”, Dan said, looking at Jepha.
“Yeah, sure, man. But they still need a place to park”, he responded.
“Behind the arena. What about that place?”, Quinn suggested, raising his eye brows.
“Yeah, works for me. Nice one, dude”, Bert responded, high-fiving him.
“I’ll head in front n’ tell the driver right away. Be back in a few”, Quinn said, before being joined by Dan as they headed towards the front of the bus.
“I’mma go in the shower before we get there”, Jepha announced as he entered the bathroom, leaving me and Bert alone in the sofa group.

“Hey…”, I started hesitating. “Is it okay if I can bring some of my clothes to your mom’s place and wash them there? I know I’ve asked before, but I just need to be sure.”
“Yeah, sure. Totally. No problem, babe. I think I’m gonna do the same, actually”, Bert said, looking at me with a warm smile.
“Good”, I responded, greeting his smile as I went over to the king-size bed, before putting some of my clothes in my red backpack.
I heard foot steps in the hall of the tour bus walking towards the bunk beds, guessing it was Bert who was probably going to pack some of his clothes too.

“Hey, what’re you doin´”, Quinn asked, coming from the bus driver’s seat at the very front behind the door.
He stood beside me, gazing down at the floor where he saw all of my clothes lying there, including my bras and underwear.
“Packing!”, I responded blushing, surprised to see him as I started to quickly almost unnoticeably hide most of my bras and underwear discretely under a pair of jeans.
“Why? You aren’t leavin´ us, are you?”
If I wasn’t mistaking, I could’ve sworn I sensed a somewhat panicking tone in Quinn’s voice.

“No, not for the world”, I giggled. “Relax. Of course I’m not leaving you guys. I wouldn’t do it in a million years. I mean, come on – where should I go from here, out in the middle of Orem, Utah? I don’t even know where to find this place on a map!”
“Haha, you fucker”, Quinn grinned, bumping gently into my shoulder with his foot.
I couldn’t do anything but smile as I sat there on the floor while looking up at him.

“So why are you packin´, then?”, he continued.
“I want to wash some of my clothes at Bert’s mom’s place. I’m almost out of clean ones.”
“Sounds rad. I think I’m gonna take your advice and go park myself. It seems like a good idea.”
“Yeah, you do that. Where’s Dan, by the way?”, I asked, noticing he didn’t return from the bus driver at the front with Quinn.
“He’s telling the driver where we’re gonna park. I suck at explaining.”
“Oh, I see.”

“Well, I’m done packin´ now. What about you guys?”, Bert asked as he suddenly came towards the king-size bed where me and Quinn were sitting.
“I’m almost done”, I replied, taking the last piece of clothing I needed to wash and put it in my backpack.
“Not me, so I’ll go”, Quinn added, getting up before making his way down to the bunk beds further down the hall of the bus.

“So, got everythin´ you need?”, Bert asked, sitting down next to me in the bed.
“Yes, I think so. I mean, I could be wrong. I always forget something no matter what it is.”
My answer was short and conceived with no intensions of being complimentary.
“Yeah, totally. Me too”, he responded giggling. “Hey, are you nervous?”
“Nervous?”, I repeated, feeling my throat getting dry.
“Yeah. You just seem a little tense. Is everything okay?”
“Yes…”, I started, hesitating. “It’s just that I’m, uh… A bit nervous about meeting your mom and the rest of your family.”

It was really nerve-wrecking knowing that Bert had been talking to his mom over the phone about me over these past couple of months.
Even though I bet all he said was just positive, it still made my stomach turn.
Plus, the thought of meeting her in approximately half an hour was tearing me up.
I hadn’t heard much about Bert’s mom, but what he had told me, she obviously knew a whole lot about me, which made me feel even more unsecure about all of this.

“Aww, don’t be nervous!”, Bert laughed, wrapping his arms around me as he gave me a warm hug.
“Seriously, you have no reason to be”, he continued. “I’ve told her so much about her on the phone and she can’t wait to see you! Besides, I’m not sure whether brother and sisters are there anyway. But still, my mom’s stoked about finally getting to meet after everything I’ve told her.”

Even though I at that point realized that I might only get the chance to meet Bert’s mom, it just made me feel even more nauseous.
This due to the fact that then all the focus and attention would be drawn to me.
My stomach began to ache because of all the excitement that it started to give me a headache.

“Hey, are you okay, babe?”, Bert asked, putting his hand on my thigh, before gently squeezing it.
“What?”
“Hah, I think you were gone for a couple of seconds there. Sure you’re all right ‘cause you seem a bit far away.”
“No, I’m fine. Sorry. I was just thinking about something”, I said, trying to disguise my insecurity.
“You sure – I mean, are you absolutely sure?”
“Yeah, for now”, I answered, not being able to avoid laughing.

“Awesome!”, Bert replied, taking his arm around my neck before nudging my head, for then to plant a big, wet kiss on my left cheek.
Now you’re okay”, he précised, looking at me with a warm smile as he sat next to me, looking into my eyes with his crystal blues…
♠ ♠ ♠
first of all; MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE. <3
... i got some amazing christmas presents today! :]]]
what was most appreciated was... the used merch!
holy crap, i got so stoked when i saw what i got. xD
gah, it was two the used tees, a the used bracelet,
lies for the liars cd and a the used shoulder bag.
i know i'm gonna rock the streets with that epic merch. ;D

oh, and before i get; you guys should totally check out this video.
it's bert featuring the street drum corps accompanied by quinn! (:
the song is called 'happy christmas [war is over].
'you should really watch it.

xo,
lina.