It's Our Time to Shine

Green Tea.

“Has anyone seen my white tennis socks?”, I could heard Quinn asking from the bunk beds down the hall of the tour bus.
“In your ass!”, Bert laughed, grinning at his own comment as he walked towards him.
“Wanna find ‘em for me?”, Quinn responded, making me roll my eyes with a smile.

“I need a cup of tea so bad right now, you have no idea!”, Jepha said, exiting the bathroom, having a towel on his shoulders.
“Want one, my good, or shall I say best tea friend?”, he then asked?
“I would most certainly, my lord. I would be delighted to”, I replied, talking in a high-classed English accent just for the fun of it.

“Haha, you’re such a badass, you weirdo”, Jepha smiled as he poured water into the water boiler before putting the can on its stand and pushing the ‘on button’.
“You know what – I think I’m gonna go with green tea today and see how that works.”
I had always been skeptical to other flavors besides blackcurrant, but today seemed like a nice day to try something new.
“Awesome! Right on, dude”, he said, high-fiving me.

As Jepha took two bags of green tea out of the carton, the water started boiling and the water boiler turned off itself with an automatic click, signalizing that the water now was ready.
“Here”, I smiled, handing him a cup which he poured the boiled water into.
I took my cup and filled it with water too before putting the tea bag in it.
I sat down next to Jepha in the sofa group, each holding our cup of tea and dipping the tea bag into the hot water.
It was actually kind of peaceful sitting there, just the two of us enjoying the beverage we loved the most.

“Hey, guys, where are y-. What the fuck?” Why are you drinkin´ tea now? God, we’re almost at the McCracken house now and you guys are drinkin´ tea?”, Quinn squealed, not understanding the relaxing experience of being able to just sit down and enjoy a nice cup of tea.
“Chill, man. Me n’ Lina are just taking it easy and drinking some tea. What’s the big deal?”, Jepha grinned.

“The big deal? The big deal? Well, for starters, we have a lot of shit we need to carry into the house plus our luggage, and don’t forget that-.”
“Okay”, he said, interrupting him with a smile.
“’Okay’?”, Quinn repeated, confused at Jepha’s calm and simple answer. “Whaddaya mean by ‘okay’?”
“We’ll do it, so it’s okay. Are you happy now?”
“Yeah”, he said, rubbing his head as he headed down the bus, before Jepha and I burst into laughter.

“Geez, I haven’t seen him like that before”, I commented, taking a sip out of my tea cup.
“Yeah. Well, the stress gets to us all. Obviously pretty hard on Quinn there”, Jepha responded grinning.
“Erm, Jeph, could I…-”
I interrupted myself, amazed due to the fact that I actually called him ‘Jeph’ instead of Jepha as I had done for months now.
“Haha, I called you Jeph”, I continued laughing.

“Yeah, you did. After a couple of months touring with us, it finally paid off, eyh?”
I smiled at him as I rolled my eyes, before looking into my tea cup which now was half-empty.
“Well, what I was going to say…”
“Shoot”, Jepha encouraged.
“You know Bert’s mom, right? Well, how is she like?”
I really needed to know. I had to know at least something to go after.

“Uhm, I don’t really know what to say. What do you wanna know?”, Jepha began. “I mean, Bert’s family in general is Mormon, so they are pretty conservative because of their practicing of the Mormon belief. Other than that, it’s not that much more you need to know. She’s a very nice lady and all, trust me. You shouldn’t be afraid of Mrs. McCracken or anything if that’s what you’re worried about. She’s like a mother to all of us guys. Right, Quinn?”

“Huh”, Quinn said, not really paying attention as he came towards us.
“About Mrs. McCracken.”
“Oh, yeah, totally. Lina, I swear to you, you’re gonna love her.”
“I hope so”, I responded, giving them both an unsecure smile.

At that moment, I felt like the tour bus slowly stopping, assuming we had reached the place we were going to park.
My heart started beating faster – not because of the excitement, but by the terrifying thought of soon standing face to face with Mrs. McCracken…
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, guys; MERRY CHRISTMAS. (:
oh, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. ;D

because of the holidays, i'll hold back on the updates now.
just because of the simple reason that some of you might be
on vacation and so on.
enjoy the break while you can, people. :]]]

xo,
lina.