It's Our Time to Shine

There's So Much Left To See.

Bert and I were still sitting on the bed, just enjoying each other’s company while not doing anything but listening to the other guys’ small chit-chatting that was coming from the main room in the suite.

“Hey, wanna go join the others? I bet they’re all wonderin´ what’s goin´ on”, he said, looking at me with a smile.
“Yeah. I haven’t even got out of bed yet!”, I laughed.”
“Hah, well, it’s about time, then, sleepyhead.”
“I’ll be right with you, okay? I just need to get dressed.”
“Sure. I’ll just leave you to it.”

As Bert left the bedroom, I found the same pants that I’d worn yesterday and put them on, before I headed out of the room.
I felt somewhat awkward leaving the bedroom and entering the main room, seeing Quinn, Jepha and Dan all sitting in the sofa with grins on their faces.
Bert was sitting with them as well, but I was met with a soft smile from him as he was hinting for me to sit down next to him.
As soon as I did, he quickly took my hand, and the comforting feeling of him stroking it was soothing.

“So…”, Jepha began. “What’s new, Scooby Doo?”
“Takin´ it one day at the time”, Bert replied.
“What’s the time?”, I suddenly asked, eagerly wanting to change the subject.
“1:53 pm.”
“What – that much?”
“Yeah. People tend to oversleep in the mornin´ after a long night”, Quinn grinned while having a hard time not to laugh.
“We didn’t do anything.”
“Sure you didn’t.”
“Shut up, dude”, Bert giggled.

“So, what’re our plans for today, guys?”, Dan asked, putting his feet up on the table.
“I have no idea. The show starts at 7:30 pm and the sound check’s at around 6:00 pm, so we have plenty of time to kill”, Jepha responded, taking a sip of his cup of tea.
“Don’t forget about the interview at 4:00 pm”, Quinn added.
“Oh, yeah! I completely forgot about that one.”
“What? What interview?”

During our time here in Japan, despite the fact that it had only been one day, I hadn’t hard anything about an interview whatsoever.

“It’s nothing big, just an interview with the Japanese MTV station here in town. It won’t take long”, Bert smiled.
“Then we have about two hours ‘till we gotta be there. Got any ideas on what we can do meanwhile?”

Dan was obviously in the mood for doing something at this point.

“What about hittin´ the streets n’ maybe grab something to eat?”
“Yeah, and then celebrate Lina’s half-birthday”, Quinn added to Jepha’s suggestion.
“No, guys – we don’t have to do that. Besides, my half-birthday was yesterday”
“But you didn’t mention that ‘till late night, so we couldn’t celebrate then. And didn’t we promise you we’d do something special today?”
“Yeah… I guess you did”, I said smiling.
“Okay, so we have a plan?”, Jepha asked.
“I’m up for it”, Quinn replied followed by Dan’s nod.
“Yeah, sounds like an awesome idea”, Bert agreed.

“Can I just freshen up a bit and get ready before we go out first?”
“Sure, take the time you need”, Jepha responded, before I got my red backpack.
“And the bathroom is…?”
“Over there”, he smiled, pointing to a large door at the corner.
“Thanks”, I said as I headed towards the door before entering the bathroom.

The room itself was enormous and the room solution was genius, probably making the room seem even bigger than it already was.
The floor and walls were tiled in an exquisite crème color, and it was just one of the most amazing bathrooms I’d ever seen.
In the corner was a huge Jacuzzi which looked like it was able to hold up to six people in it, and next to it was a glass shower.

I took off all of my clothes and quickly jumped into the shower, where I didn’t shower for more than five minutes.
Luckily, there was both shampoo and conditioner on the shower’s shelf, so I didn’t need to go search for any.
When I was done, I found a clean towel than was hanging on a knob and wrapped it around my hair to dry it.

I had a good feeling after washing off the last of the alcohol that I was almost certain had been spilt in my hair last night.
After putting on some make-up and drying my hair, I felt as good as new and headed out of the bathroom again.

“Wow, 15 minutes for a chick to get ready! Not bad, Lina. Not bad at all”, Quinn said as I he saw me entering the main room.
“What can I say – I’m full of surprises”, I responded in a cocky voice before blowing it all of with a smile.
“Hidden talent for sure”, Bert added smiling as he blinked his right eye at me.
“So, are we all ready to go?”
“Hell, yeah.”

W all put on our shoes as we brought with us our jackets and hoodies before leaving the hotel suite.
As soon as we’d locked the door, we took the elevator down to the ground floor and headed outside the Four Season Hotel.

“So, where do we want to eat? Or what for that matter?”
“No sushi, Jeph. But besides that, I’m pretty much down for everythin´”, Bert answered.
“Fine by me. You guys can eat whatever you want, but I’m havin´ sushi no matter what.”
“What about chicken or something?”, I suggested, not really waiting for positive feedback.
“Sure, great idea!”
“What about that place down there? It looks like a place where they could sell chicken”, Dan added.
“Let’s go check”, Bert said, taking my hand before heading down the street.

It was almost 2:30 pm now and because of rush-hour, the traffic was heavy.

“Yeah, according to the menu here, they have chicken. And sushi too”, Jepha grinned as we got to the place that supposedly, now confirmedly, sold chicken.
“Then let’s go inside”, Quinn said, leading the way into the restaurant where we were met by a smiling Japanese waitress that greeted us.

“Good day! May I show you to an available table?”, she asked politely.
“Yes, please”, we answered, following her into the restaurant.

Inside, it wasn’t particularly crowded, but still, there were a few people there spread around on different tables.

“Will this table be suitable?”, the waitress then asked, stopping next to a table by the corner.
“Yeah, it will be just fine”, Quinn responded before receiving a nod her as she left us.
In the blink of an eye, almost before we’d been able to sit down, she came back and handed all of us a menu.

“Oh, this sounds good; Domburi”, said. “Never heard of it before, though.”
“Then have one”, Bert encouraged.
“No, it’s too expensive. I bet there’s something else on this menu that’s good too.”
“Fuck that, we have plenty of money, right, guys?”
“Yeah, totally. Take whatever you want, Lina. No problem. We’ll pay for it”, Quinn said while looking at me with a smile.

“Thanks. Then I’ll have the Domburi”, I blushed.
“You know what – that sounds kinda good, so I’ll have one too”, he agreed before closing his menu.
“Nah…”, Dan began. “I think I’m ordering Kung Pao Chicken.”
“Pussy”, Bert grinned.
“Well, what’re you havin´, then, tough guy?”
“Dom-fuckin´-buri. Hey, what about you, Jeph – made up your mind yet?”
“Yeah, I want those stuffed cabbage leaves.”
“Great! So we’re ready to order?”
“Yup”, Dan answered, making Quinn signalize for the Japanese waitress to take our order.

“Hello again! Have you made up your mind, sir? Ready to order?”, she asked with a smile after she’d hurried over to our table where she now was standing ready with a notebook and a pen.
“Yeah, we have. We’ll have three Domburi, one Kung Pao Chicken, and the stuffed cabbage leaf dish”
“Do you want anything to drink with that?”
“I’ll have a Corona”, Quinn responded. “What about you guys?”
“Diet Coke”, I said, being followed by Dan.
“Do you have ice tea?”, Jepha asked, looking at the waitress.
“Yes, we do. We have peach, lemon and lime flavored.”
“Then I’ll have lemon.”
“Very well. And you, sir?”
“Uhm, I’m not sure”, Bert said hesitating. “What’s good with duck?”
“Our rosé wine is very good with the Domburi.”
“Wine? Nah, not today”, he giggled. “I think I’ll just have a Corona.”
“Will that be all?”, the waitress asked politely.
“Yeah”, we all responded, receiving a nod from her as we handed her the menus before she headed into the kitchen.

“This is nice, huh – just the five of us. Like, gettin´ at leats a couple of hours to just chill”, Bert suddenly said, leaning back in his chair.
“Yeah, it sure is”, we all agreed, taking a deep breath while looking at each other with smiles on our faces…
♠ ♠ ♠
fuckfuckfuck.
tomorrow, i may get to know which subject i'll have to sit for in my oral exam this week.
i hope it's not tomorrow, 'cause i still have stuff to do.
hopefully, i'll get to know it on wednesday instead.
btw; if i however get to know tomorrow, god forbid, i'll be studying a lot this week.
so therefore, there's gonna be a shortage in the updates these next days.
still, i hope you'll all forgive me.
wish me good luck!

xo,
lina.