A Life for a Life

Scene 11

Scene 11

Lights are out.

RILEY'S VOICE:

What in the world was that!? That picture was disgusting! It can't have been a real baby! No, thats wrong! The body was torn into pieces! It was so small. How could someone do that to a baby!?!

Lights go on and Riley is sitting on her bed hugging her pillow. She gets up and looks into a mirror.

RILEY:

What am i doing?!! I...its just wrong. I can't do it now. Not after that!

Riley stands there and yelling is heard in the background.

VOICE OF FATHER:

WHERE'S MY DINNER?! I COME HOME AND THERE'S NEVER ANYTHING!!

VOICE OF MOTHER:

COOK IT YOURSELF!

VOICE OF FATHER:

YOU'RE SO DAMN LAZY! HOW COME THERE'S NO FOOD IN THE FRIDGE?!!

VOICE OF MOTHER:

ASK THAT STUPID DAUGHTER OF YOURS! SHE EATS EVERYTHING!

VOICE OF FATHER:

RILEY!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?

RILEY:

I'm in my room!

VOICE OF FATHER:

GET DOWN HERE AND MAKE ME SOMETHING TO EAT NOW!! WHY IS THIS HOUSE DIRTY?!

RILEY:

I already cleaned the whole house TWICE! And there's nothing to eat because no one goes to the store and buys food!

VOICE OF FATHER:

WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

RILEY:

I SAID I'LL BE DOWN IN A MINUTE!

She leans against the dresser looking closer at herself in the mirror.

Why me?? Do i really want a kid in this kind of house?

She looks at her stomach and rubs it.

I can't believe there's a baby in there...I don't...what am i gonna do? Should i abort it? I've been over this a million times and more and more I'm thinking that i shouldn't but...I'm only fourteen. I don't know if i could just leave my baby with a stranger though. If i do this...then i don't have anything to worry about, right?

She goes to her bag and pulls out the picture of Silas.

I wish you were more helpful. I really thought that you loved me...

She puts the picture down and walks toward the door. When she gets there she looks back, stands there for a second then turns out the lights.
♠ ♠ ♠
Scene 11/12...aww so close to the end!

Sorry for not updating guys! ive been waiting for the phone to be put back on! I just moved to a new house. XD

Hope you all like the story!

Comment please!!