A Life for a Life

Scene 3

Scene 3

The stage is dark and Riley's voice is once again the only thing heard.

RILEY'S VOICE:

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel so disgusting! I just wish i could die!! I hate myself soo much! I hate living here with these stupid people and i hate Silas! I hate everyone! What do i do?! I need someone to talk to. Anyone! If i don't find someone I'm gonna- Why did Silas have to do that? I just don't understand...he had no right to do that. Please help me! PLEASE!

In Riley's room about noon. There are pictures on the wall and things all over the floor. There is yelling going on in the background.

VOICE OF MOTHER:

I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING HER!

VOICE OF FATHER:

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TELLING ME WHO I CAN AND CAN'T CALL? I'M IN CHARGE AROUND HERE!

VOICE OF MOTHER:

YOUR IN CHARGE?! YOUR ALWAYS GONE!

VOICE OF FATHER:

YOUR ONE TO TALK YOU-

RILEY:

Stupid people. Can't they ever shut up!! SHUT UP!

VOICE OF FATHER:

WHERE THE HELL IS MY PHONE?

VOICE OF MOTHER:

GET OUT OF HERE!

VOICE OF FATHER:

GIVE ME MY PHONE!

VOICE OF MOTHER:

LET GO OF ME! GET OFF! STOP!!

VOICE OF FATHER:

I'M SICK OF THIS-

A loud thump and her mothers cry startles Riley. She jumps out of bed and throws on some clothes. She grabs her backpack next to the dresser then goes out the window.

A few moments later she climbs back in. The house is quiet.

RILEY:

Finally. I thought they'd never leave.

She sits on the floor pulling her backpack to her. She sits in silence for a minute then begins to cry. She glances over to a picture on her desk of her and her parents. Next to it there's a picture of her and Silas. She gets up and grabs both pictures. Tears coming down her eyes, she throws the pictures at the wall. She goes to her backpack and pulls out the pocket knife and begins to cut at her wrists.

I hate you! I HATE YOU!

She sinks to the floor and sobs. The lights begin to flash on and off like a strobe light as voices are heard all around.

VOICE 1:

Look at that girl. She dresses like her mother.

VOICE 2:

Isn't her mom the one that tries to get with all the teachers?

VOICE 1:

Yeah. I heard she even made a pass at the principal. You know she gets around just like her mother.

Laughter is heard as Riley begins to pull at her hair.

VOICE 1:

Hey...i heard that she's pregnant. Which one of the guys do you think it is?

VOICE 2:

Who knows!? She probably did it with her dad. She's that nasty.

VOICE 1:

I seen her mom with some guy the other day...He looked soo disgusted. I bet she had to pay him to be with her.

VOICE 2:

No money is worth that!

Riley hits herself and cuts deeper and deeper into her skin. Lights go out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Scene 3!! Read and comment!