I'm Not Cinderella.

four.

“Leave me alone.” I groaned as I slapped someone’s hand away that was poking me. I heard a deep laugh and my pillow was pulled out from under my head. I groaned and pulled my covers over my head and turned away from the person.

“Charlotte, get up.” Nate chuckled as he pulled the covers off me. I curled up in a ball and groaned annoyed. “You have to get up and start getting ready; you’re leaving in like ten minutes.”

“Maybe if I’m not ready I won’t have to go.” I yawned as I stretched quickly and tried to go back to sleep.

“You’ll still have to go; you’ll just being wearing those – uh – nice pajamas on the airplane .” He was talking about my flannel pajamas pants with cupcakes all over them. They were really childish; they were so comfy though, so I didn’t really care. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes and stared at him.

“Can you grab the clothes on my bureau?” I said as I stretched again and pulled my fingers through my hair. He nodded and grabbed them quickly and handed them to me. I stood up and started taking off my pants; not really thinking about Nate standing in the room. He quickly turned around when he realized what I was doing.

“Uh… I’m going to go in the bathroom.” He mumbled as he walked quickly by me. My cheeks reddened when I realized I was just stripping in front of Nate. I got dressed quickly then told him he could come out.

“Sorry.” I laugh; still slightly embarrassed. “I wasn’t really thinking; still half-asleep.” I smiled slightly then let out a small yawn. He laughed; he seemed just as embarrassed as me.

“It’s alright.” He said as he moved out of the bathroom doorway and let me in so I could brush my teeth and hair. My hair felt greasy, but I knew I didn’t have time to take a shower so I quickly put my hair in a pony tail and clipped my short side bangs up. There was a knock on my bedroom door and I put my brush and toothbrush in a bag then went and opened the door; it was Taite. Nate stayed sitting on my bed while I walked away from the door and put my toiletries in my suit case. Nate and Taite glared at each other for a few seconds and rolled my eyes; they were being kind of stupid.

“We have to go; so just say bye to him and let’s hurry.” Taite said annoyed as he grabbed a couple of my suitcases and then left the room.

“So…” I mumbled as I walked up to Nate and stood in front of him. I didn’t want to say goodbye to him yet; I was really going to miss him. He was my best friend; the only friend I had. He stood up and hugged me. I hugged him tighter and breathed in his scent. “I’m going to miss you.” I mumbled.

“Me too.” He said as we kept on hugging. He pulled away after a few more seconds and looked at me. He seemed like he wanted to tell me something, but he was hard to read so I couldn’t tell what it was. “Charlotte, I need to tell you something before you leave.” He said quietly; I could barely hear him.

“What?” I said confused; he was acting all nervous and he was usually calm. He went and sat down on my bed and pulled me so I was standing in front of him.

“Um…” He combed his fingers through his hair and licked his lips; looking away from me. “I don’t really know how to start.” He mumbled.

“Just say it.” I laughed lightly; getting curious. He stared back up to me and nodded slowly.

“I, Um, I li-“

“Charlotte come on!” Taite said from the bottom of the stairs. Nate turned it glared at him, even though Taite couldn’t see that, I swear he glared back. “We’re going to be late if we don’t leave know. You guys have been up there for like ten minutes, we need to leave.” He said annoyed.

“Just a minute.” I yelled. I turned back towards Nate, wanting him to finish. After a few seconds of silence Nate just stood up.

“Never mind, it’s nothing.” He mumbled as he pulled me down stairs. “You really do need to leave.” He said sadly as he walked with me outside. There was a vehicle sitting in our driveway, like a small limousine, and Taite was standing by it staring at us. “Bye.” Nate mumbled quickly as he hugged me again.

“Bye.” I whispered as I started towards the vehicle.

“Nathan, what are you doing here?” I heard Taite’s mother say excitedly; it’s what her voice seemed to sound like.

“Just saying bye.” He said in his normal calm voice.

“Oh, you know Charlotte?” She said as she looked back at me standing by Taite.

“Yeah.”

“Well, you should come and visit once she get’s settled in. I’m sure it will be easier on her if she has friend with her.”

“Sure.” Nate smiled slightly; looking less sad.

“I call you once we get back to England and we can talk more.” She said as she quickly hugged him too. “It will be nice to have you around; it’s been a long time.” Nate nodded. “Well, bye.” She said as she went to the other side of the vehicle and some guy opened it for her and she climbed in with her husband. Taite climbed in on the other side and stood there looking at Nate for a bit longer.

“Come on get in!” Taite snapped after a few seconds. I glared towards him and climbed into the vehicle. I slipped my iPod out of my pocket and turned it on; I just wanted to ignore Taite until I could figure a way out of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
exactly 1,000 words. weird.
comment?
thoughts?
banners?
i'm sleepy. goodnight.

xx