Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

I opened my eyes. Something was around my waist and snoring behind me. I realized it was Bam's arm and he was passed out behind me. I sat up and looked at the clock on the wall. 10:30.
'Shit.' I mumbled. I turned and grabbed Bam's shoulder. 'Bam. Bam. Bam!'
'What?' He mumbled.
'We fell asleep. It's 10:30. I was supposed to be home a half hour ago.'
'Fuck.' He said sitting up. 'Just call and ask if you can stay here.'
'You sure?'
'Yeah. If not I'll walk you back.' He said.
'Okay.' I grabbed the phone and dialed my number.
'Hello?' My mom asked.
'Hey, mom.'
'Ri. Where are you?'
'I'm still at Bam's. We fell asleep watching the movie. Can I just stay here tonight?'
'Yeah. That's fine. Be home in the morning though.'
'Okay. Night. Love you.' I said.
'Love you too.' I hung up and threw the phone to the ground.
'What'd she say?' Bam asked.
'She said it was fine.'
'Okay. Let's go get something to drink and go to bed.' He said getting up and shutting the TV off. We climbed the stairs and went into the kitchen. He poured himself a glass and me. We went into the living room where Phil and Vito were watching a basketball game.
'Dad.' Bam said. 'Dad. Dad. Phil. Phil Margera!'
'What Bam?' He asked.
'Can Rian spend the night?'
'Yeah sure.' He said.
'Okay then. Goodnight.'
He pushed me towards his room.
'Bam's got himself a nice girl.' I heard Vito say.
'Shut up, Vito!' Bam said.
We went into his room and he handed me a pair of pj pants and a tee shirt.
'You can change in here. I have to pee.' He left and I changed. I heard him coming back and I heard a loud smack.
'Ow! Bam whatdaya hittin' me fore?' I heard Vito say. 'Your kids is nuts, Phil.'
Bam came in laughing. I noticed he didn't have a shirt on. He went to his closet and threw his dirty clothes in before turning back to me.
'What?' He asked as my eyes scanned his body.
'Nothing.' I said looking at his face.
'Good. You can take that side.' He pointed to the side against the wall. I laid down and got under the covers. He shut the light off.
'Ow! Fucking skateboard!' He said as he kicked it across his room. He got in bed next to me.
'Goodnight.' He said.
'Goodnight.'
'Happy Valentine's Day.' He said.
'Happy Valentine's Day.'
'Aw. Don't they look adorable Raaby?' I heard a high pitched voice shriek.
'Shut the fuck up, Dico.' Bam said taking something off the floor and throwing it at him.
I rolled over to see Dico and Raab standing in Bam's room.
'Ow! You threw a fucking tire at me.' Dico said.
'A tire? It was a wheel. For a skateboard.' Bam said.
'Same difference.' Dico said.
'Not really.' Bam said throwing the blankets back and sitting up.
'Oh good. You're up.' April said coming in with a laundry basket. 'Here's your laundry.' She said placing it on the bed. 'Why don't you put it away for once?'
'Cause that would be insane.' Bam answered.
'Oh! Rian. I didn't know you were here.' She said noticing me.
'Phil said she could sleep over.' Bam said.
'Dude, why does your hair do that?' Raab asked pointing at Bam's head.
'I don't fucking know.' He said trying to flatten it.
'Brandon, language.' April said.
'Sorry, Ape.'
I laughed as Bam continued to flatten it.
'Bam. We have to go to New York tonight...'
'Oh, shit! I forgot.' He said running his hands through his hair making it stand up more.
'Didn't I just tell you to watch your mouth?' She asked as she left the room.
'What are you doing in New York?' Raab asked sitting next to me on the bed.
'I have a skate demo at some mall or something. I don't know.' Bam explained looking around his room. 'It sucks so bad though.'
'I need to get home.' I said laying back on the pillows and sighing.
'We'll take you. Get dressed.' He said slapping my thigh and pushing Dico and Raab out of his room so I could change.
They walked me home and I said goodbye. I gave Bam a hug even though I knew Scott was looking out the window.
'Have fun in New York.' I said.
'Okay. Hae fun here.' Bam said.
I rolled my eyes and then went inside. I shut the door and began to walk up the stairs.
'Rian?' I heard Scott ask.
'Yeah?'
'Could you come here?'
'Sure...' This was it. I was getting in trouble and I knew it. I walked into the room. He was sitting in his chair in the living room with the TV on mute.
'Where were you last night?' He asked calmly.
'I stayed at Bam's.'
'I thought your mother told you to be home by ten?' He asked.
'She did, but we fell asleep and Bam asked if I just wanted to stay and I called mom and she said it was fine.' I explained.
He stood up and walked towards me. He smacked me across the face making me fall to the ground.
'From now on, you are not allowed to sleep at Bam's house. You are to come home and ask me before you do anything or go anywhere. Is that understood?' He asked from above me.
I couldn't answer. I just laid there with tears in my eyes.
'Is that understood?' He asked kicking me.
'Yes.' I chocked out.
'Good. Now get out of my sight.'
I got up as quick as I could and went to my room. I laid crying for hours before going to the bathroom and examining myself in the mirror. My cheek was bruised. I quickly took foundation and covered it up. I lifted my shirt to see a bruise on my stomach where he had kicked me.
'Rian! Dinner!' I heard my mom call. I slowly lowered my shirt and went to the kitchen. I almost ran into Scott in the doorway. He smiled down on me as I scooted by him. We ate dinner in silence and I ran to my room after.
The phone rang around seven but I made no move to get it until my mom called up the stairs saying Bam was on the phone. I rolled over and picked it up.
'Hello?' I said quietly.
'Hey, Ri!' He said. 'I'm so glad to talk to you! You should have seen this haggard ass girl today that was all over me at the demo. Dude, it was so funny. I had to like push her off and I sent her over to Jess. He looked like he wanted to kill me. Next demo, I'm asking Ape if you can come. It's so much fun. You'll come right?'
'Yeah. Of course.' I said.
'Rian? What's wrong?' He asked.
'Nothing.' I said as I began to choke tears down. I wasn't going to tell him what had happened when I got home. 'I-I just don't feel well.'
'Oh. Okay.' I could tell he didn't believe me. 'Well, I'm going down to the pool with Jess and a bunch of the guys from today. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?'
'Yeah.'
'Bye Rian.' He said.
'Bye.'