Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

The next day I made my way home. Thankfully, no one was there. I took a quick shower, had breakfast, got dressed, and made my way back to Bam's. I could hear April's shreiks before I had even reached the house and prayed she had not found out about last night. I made my way up the driveway and saw Jess and Deron laughing from the window. I looked at the front lawn where they were pointing.
Bam Bam
Was etched in and the ride on lawn mower sat at the end of the last 'M'. I laughed to myself and then walked up the front steps and through the front door. I made my way into the kitchen where Bam sat with his head in his hands and a smirk on his face.
'Is that your handy work?' I asked pointing over my shoulder in the general direction of the yard.
'Yeah.' He laughed.
Phil walked into the room and looked at Bam confused.
'Hey, Bam. I thought you were mowing the lawn?' He asked.
'I got in trouble.' He said.
'What did you do?' He asked.
'Talk to Ape.' Bam said.
'Ape!' Phil called.
'What?' She asked coming into the room.
'Why is Bam in here?' Phil asked.
'Didn't you see what he did?' She asked. 'Rian, did you see?'
'Yeah.' I said.
'What'd he do?' Phil asked.
'He wrote his name in cursive.' She explained. 'On the front lawn.'
Phil laughed for a minute before Ape put her hands on her hips.
'Bam, go fix it.' He said.
Bam stood up.
'No!' Ape said. 'He mows like an asshole. Get Jess to do it.'
Bam sat back down looking triumphant while Phil went to get Jess.
'Don't look so proud.' Ape said smacking him on the head with a roll of paper towels. 'Just because you're not mowing doesn't mean I won't think of something else for you to do.'
'Can I go?' He asked.
'Fine.' She said.
He stood up and pushed me towards his room.
'What?' I asked.
'Well.' He said shutting the door. He walked towards me and pushed me down onto his bed. I layed back and he climbed ontop of me. 'First of all. Jess and I are gonna go see Slayer in like two months. Wanna come?'
'Slayer?' I asked.
'Mmhhmmm.' He said.
'Where?'
'Philly.' He said. He leaned down and gave me a kiss.
'Sure.' I shrugged making him smile.
So two months later, we had a whole party coming with us. Phil let us take the van under the condtion it comes back in one piece. Jess and Deron climbed in the front. Bam, Dico, and Chad climed in the back.
'Great.' I sighed. 'Where am I gonna sit, jackasses?' I asked.
'My lap.' Bam said pulling me down.
Raab, Rose, and Dunn climbed in the way back and we were off. The show was amazing, and it was a wonder that they had been able to get such good seats for all of us.
'I'm hungry!' Bam said from behind me when we got back in the car.
'Me too!' Raab said.
'You're always hungry.' Rose said.
'So?' He asked.
'How much money do we have?' I asked.
Everyone took out however much they had. We definatly had enough and Bam had his debit card, so we decided to go out.
Jess pulled into an Applebees where we all piled out and went into the restaurant. The waitress gave us a corner booth in the back and we all piled in. We ordered drinks and food and Deron tried shamelessly to flirt with the waitress. Bam put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him and kissed my temple making me smile.
'You look really pretty tonight.' He whispered in my ear.
'Stop.' I said laughing.
'So, Bam, have you finally grown balls and asked Ri out?' Chad asked.
'N-' I was about to say but was totally cut off by Bam.
'Yup!' And before I could even reject that he hadn't he had pulled me in for a kiss.
'Wait.' I said pulling away. 'What?'
'You're my girlfriend, Silly.' He said kissing me again.
'Well, congragu-fucking-lations!' Dunn smiled wide and held his glass up.
'I'm gonna kill you later.' I whispered to Bam as they toasted to us.
About a month into our relationship, Bam had yet again another tour. And he had forgotten to tell me again.
'Bam.' I said. 'This is absolutely ridiculous. It's one thing to forget when we're friends. But now that we're dating. You can't just tell me your leaving for two months the day before you go everytime!'
'Ri, I'm sorry.' He said. 'I forgot.'
'Look, don't even talk to me.' I said turning my back on him at lunch.
'Are you two in another fight?' Jess asked as we walked out to his car and Bam was trying to hold my hand. I sent him a death glare and climbed in the back.
'Rian, I'm really sorry.' Bam said as we walked in the front door of his house.
'Bam,' I said finally looking him in the eye. 'You're going to be gone for two months. You won't even be here for my sixteenth.'
'I forgot...' He smiled sheepishly.
I rolled me eyes and grumbled as I walked towards the door.
'Another infamous Bam and Rian fight!' Jess said as I slmmed the door and walked home.
So Bam was once again gone on another tour. I had really begun to hate his career of chioce. Two weeks later we still hadn't talked. And the stress was really strating to get to me.
After a horrible day at school, I came home to find my mother and Cassie had gone out, leaving Scott and I home alone.
Great...
I went straight up to my room ignoring Scott asking where I was going.
'Rian,' He said coming into my room without knocking. 'How many times do I have to tell you to answer me?'
I turned to face him. He smelled strongly of alcohol.
'Sorry.' I mumbled.
We stood staring at each other before I looked to the ground. I kept my eyes to the ground knowing he was going to hit me.
'Come on you little brat...' He said grabbing my pony tail and pulling me down the stairs.
'Ahh!' I screamed as we went towards the kitchen. He grabbed a knife and held it to my throat.
'Next time,' He slurred in my ear. 'I'll cut that pretty little head of yours clean off.' He applied a small ammount of preasure making me gasp. I felt my skin tear and blood begin to spill out. 'Then what will that Margera boy do when his slut is headless? Probably fuck your dead body.'
I screamed out in pain.
'Oh, you're bleeding.' He said in mock surprise. 'Better run to Bam Bam and have hi--'
He was cut off by me kicking him in the balls. He let me go and fell to the ground.
'You sick bastard.' I spat at him before running out the front door. The tears fell as I ran down the street praying Jess hadn't left for Deron's yet.
I let out the breath I didn't know I had been holding when I saw his car in the driveway. The door was locked so I knocked and began to wipe my eyes and neck with my sleeve, checking my reflection in the door knob.
'Hi, Rian.' Phil said inviting me in a moment later. 'Sorry. I was in the bedroom paying bills. Guess I didn't realize the door was still locked.'
'That's alright Phil. Is Jess here?' I tried to say in a steady voice.
'I'm sorry, Rian, but he's already left. Der just picked him up.' Phil explained. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore and let them spill. 'Are you okay?'
'No.' I mumbled as he pulled me into one of his bear hugs.
I heard what I remembered as Novak's voice coming up the stairs.
'Hey Phil, do you have a--' He stopped once he reached the top of the stairs.
'Get Bam.' Phil muttered.
'Bam!' Novak shouted down the stairs.
'What?' I heard Bam call back.
As mad as I was at him, knowing he was here made me feel better. I really wanted one of his hugs.
'Come here.' Novak said.
I heard Bam and a few others thunder up the stairs.
'What's going on?' He asked. 'Rian, what happened?'
I pulled away from Phil and threw my arms around Bam's neck.
'Scott...' I mumbled crying harder now.
'Okay...Shhh...' Bam muttered into my ear. He pulled back and dried my tears with his shirt sleeve.
'Come on, let's go talk.' He said. He took me by the hand and pulled me down the hall. I looked up to see who he had over besides Novak.
Bucky Lasek, Tim O'Connor, Mike Vallely, Danny Wainwright, Kerry Getz, and Mike Maldonado all stood in the doorway. I had never met any of them, but I knew them from skate pictures and video Bam had shown me.
Great first impression...
'I'll be down in a bit.' Bam muttered as I went into his dark bedroom.
I sat on the bed still crying as he came in and shut the door quietly behind him.
'Babe?' He asked coming towards me. 'Rian, what happened?' He sat next to me and pulled me into him.
'Scott...' I said again.
'I know, what'd he do now?' He asked.
'He...he...' I began.
'What?'
'He took out a fucking knife.' I said looking him in the eyes.
'What?' He said alarmed now. 'Holy fuck! Ri! You're bleeding!'
'Bam, I'm fine.' I said.
'Rian, you're fucking bleeding. How is that fine?' He asked. 'Come on.'
He took my hand and pulled me into the bathroom across the hall.
'Bam, stop'
'Rian, let me look.' He lifted my chin and looked at the sliver on my neck. 'Here.' He reached into the medicine cabinet and grabbed some gauze and held it to my neck.
'Bam,' I said after a moment. 'You have to apply pressure.'
'Well, I don't fucking know.' He said. 'Do I look like a doctor?'
I burst out laughing a minute later.
'What?' He asked. 'What is so funny?'
I sat there laughing.
'Rian? Are you okay?' He asked.
'Doctor Margera...' I said trying to stop.
'Sometimes, I worry about you.' He said with a slight laugh.
There was a knock on the door.
'Come in.' Bam called.
'Hey,' Novak said sticking his head in. 'You two okay?'
'Yeah we're fine.' Bam said standing and having a whispered conversation with him. I began to make sure I definatly wasn't bleeding anymore. Which I wasn't.
'Okay.' Bam said and shut the door. He turned to face me.
'I just wanna go to bed.' I said.
He nodded and we went back into his room. He went to a drawer and grabbed a pair of light blue boxers and a Fairman's tee shirt.
'Here.' He handed them to me.
Not caring he was watching and knowing he's seen it all anyway, I stood up and undid my jeans letting them fall. I stepped out of them and pulled the boxers up over my panties. Then I slid off my top and put on the tee shirt. I climbed in his bed, to my side and curled up.
'You okay?' He asked.
I nodded and he went to leave.
'Bam.' I whispered making him stop. I could feel the tears coming back. 'Stay with me.'
He shut his door, kicked off his shoes and climbed in the bed next to me.
'Shhh...' He said running his fingers through my hair as I cried silently into his chest.
'Why me?' I asked.
'I don't know.' He said. 'I'm gonna make it stop. I promise you.' He kissed my forehead and continued running his fingers through my hair. His other hand grabbed mine and he played with my limp fingers unitl I had fallen asleep.
I felt him get up a little while later. He put on his shoes and opened the door.
'Is she okay?' I heard Phil ask.
'No.' He said. 'I just got her to stop crying and go to sleep. She can't stay there, Dad. He's gonna kill her. I can feel it.'
'Bam. Bam. Bam!' I heard Novak whisper.
Bam lifted his arm from my waist and turned towards his door.
'What?' He whispered back.
'Dude, we're going to FDR to practice. Are you coming?'
I opened my eyes. The room was still dark but from the sliver in the curtains I could tell it was light.
'Uh, I don't know.' Bam said.
'Bam...' I said.
'Yeah?' He asked.
'Go. I'll be fine here.' I turned to face him.
'You sure?' He asked.
I nodded.
'Okay. Only a few hours though. And then we'll go get some stuff from your house.' He leaned down and kissed me.
He quickly threw on his clothes from the day before, gave me one more kiss, picked up his deck, and left.
I soon fell back asleep.
April and Phil had gone to my house and explained to my mother what had happened. My mother said it would probably be best if I went to stay with the Margera's for awhile.
So Bam and I went to my house while my mom took Scott to see a therapist, and packed up some of my stuff. I really only needed my clothes, toiletries, and a few personal belongings. Jess and Chad came and loaded it all up into April's green truck and then we drove it back to Bam's and put my few boxes in his room.
Bam left for the next part of the tour early the next morning. So early, that I was barely awake when he kissed me goodbye and promised to call me later.
And call he did. In fact he called me every night at seven sharp. I always got antzy at 6:30 because I knew he would be calling soon.
It had been two weeks since I had seen him, and one Friday it was hitting me really hard. To the point I didn't want to sleep in his room. So Jess let me curl up in his bed with him.
I thought I heard Bam's soft chuckle, but then again, it could have been in a dream in my unconcious state.
'Do it!' I heard someone that sounded an awful lot like Dico say.
Suddenly something must have hit Jess in the face because he jumped.
'Fuckin' dicks.' Jess mumbled under the laughter that was filling the room.
'What are you doing in bed with my girlfriend?' I heard Bam ask while laughing.
'Bam!' I screamed jumping out of the bed and wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.
'Fuck's sake Ri!' He laughed hugging me. 'Why were you in bed with Jess?'
'She missed you asswipe!' Jess said. I turned to find his face covered in white flour making me laugh out loud.
'Thanks Ri.' Jess said wiping some of it off.
'Guess who's birthdays coming up!' I said as Bam left Jess's room and went across to his and dropped me on the bed.
'My extremely sexy girlfriend who I missed so fucking much.' He mumbled kissing me. His hand strayed up my shirt as he deepened the kiss and I smiled against his lips.
'Close your door before you fuck!' Jess said as he walked by making us break up.
'Babe,' Bam said now looking me in the eyes. 'I gotta talk to you about your birthday...'
'What?' I asked.
'I don't know yet if they'll let me take it off. I've already taken off a lot of time. And they made me take this weekend because they didn't need me. But next, next isn't looking to well.'
'It's alright.' I shrugged. 'We'll celebrate this weekend.'
'No!' He screamed. 'We can't.'
'Why?' I asked.
'Becuase, Ape's making the cake and everything next weekend. And she's invited people over, we don't want to spoil it for her, right?' He asked.
'I guess not.' I said.
The weekend passed too soon again and then we were watching him board the plane to go back to Florida. I didn't like these weekends much. It was a tease.
The week flew by and soon Friday morning came. I was now officially 16.
The day so far had been really hard without seeing Bam, but Rose and the guys did a great job without him. They had hung a huge banner in the cafeteria and had decorated my locker.
I was sitting in my first class when there was a knock on the door. A boy walked in with bouquet of red roses.
'Rian Lightman?' He asked.
'Yeah?' I asked standing up.
'These are for you.' He made his way through the desks, handed them to me, and left. I returned to my seat next to Rose.
'Wow.' She said.
'I know. I wonder who sent them.'
'There's a card.' She said pulling it out and handing it to me.
Happy Birthday! I want you
to know that I've liked
you for a long time and...
will you be my girlfriend?
Love,
Your Secret Admierer
P.S. I will reveal myself C Block
'Ha,ha very funny.' I said looking at Rose.
'What?' She asked.
'The guys sent these. Look.' I handed her the card and she read it.
'No they didn't. Raab didn't say anything about flowers.'
The bell rang and we walked out to my locker.
'Very funny Jess.' I said as he came up to give me my fifth birthday hug.
'What?' He asked.
'The roses.' I said. 'Secret admierer. Clever, but not clever enough.'
'What are you talking about?' He asked looking confused.
'Wait. These aren't from you?' I asked handing him the card.
'Told you.' Rose said and I glared at her.
'Nope.' Jess said. 'Good idea though. This is the work of some one really good. I'll save it for next year.'
By the time C Block rolled around I was really aggrivated. Who could have sent those roses?
A sound like a drum filled the hallway cutting off the teacher and making every head turn to the door. Suddenly, the door burst open and in marched Dico with a baton and Jess following with a drum strapped to his chest that he was beating on.
'Uh huh! Uh huh! Uh huh!' Dico screamed.
Deron and Chad came in next with their guitars followed by Raab and Ryan each had an amp.
'Oh my God.' I said putting my head down.
'HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIAN!' Deron screamed into the microphone he had brought with him as they began to play some heavy metal version of 'Happy Birthday.'
'Are you ready for your present?' Chad screamed when the song was done.
'Yes!' I screamed pushing Raab and Ryan's hands away from tickling me more.
'Yo!' Deron called. 'Come on in!'
I heard the faint sound of a skateboard and in came Bam, who ollied a desk and then did a lap around the room. I screamed and jumped up, throwing my arms around his neck and kissing him full on the lips.