Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Gym was very fun when you had Bam and Raab to entertain you. All they did was throw balls at the jocks and then turn around. They never had any idea that Bam and Raab had started their own game of dodge ball. All I had to do was sit and laugh.
After gym I went to Art with Rose. We sat and talked. She asked how gym was. I said it was really fun although I left out the part about Bam and Raab. We laughed our way through class drawing pictures.
After I had lunch and she had to go to Study Hall. I went into the cafeiteria scared for the first time. Who was I going to sit with?
'Rian!' I heard someone call and turned to see Bam. He scooted over and patted the seat next to him. I went and sat with him and a boy with blonde shaggy hair.
'This is Ryan Dunn.' Bam said pointing to him. 'Dunn this is Rian Lightman. She's my new detention buddy.'
'Oh, well hello.' Dunn said.
'I'm not your detention buddy by choice.' I said looking at him.
'I know. That's what's so great about our friendship.' Bam said smirking at me.
I rolled my eyes and ate my lunch.
'So, what are you doing after school?' Bam asked.
'Going home.' I said. 'Calling my best friend.'
'That's funny. I thought I was your best friend, and I don't remember giving you my number.' Bam said.
'No,' I said giggling slightly. 'My best friend from New Hampshire.'
'Oh. Well, after that, do you want to come to my house? My brother's band is palying in the garage and they have a new song. You should come check it out.'
'Maybe I will.' I said shrugging.
'If you don't, I'll just walk to your house and get you.' He said.
The bell rang and I ran off to History. I made a friend named Sara in history. She questioned me on how I knew Bam. She told me he didn't really talk to girls much. I told her he was my neighbor. She got all excited. After that I went to Spanish. Dunn was in that class and he asked me to sit near him. I did and we talked. It was nice to get to know him. He was definatly more normal then Bam and Raab. Finally I had Science. I walked into the room and told the teacher who I was.
'Okay,' He said looking down at a seating chart.
I felt someone poke me in the back making me jump. I turned to see Bam walking to his seat.
'Class, settle down.' Mr. Thayer said. 'We have a new student, her name is Rian Lightman. She's from New Hampshire.'
A monotone, 'Hi.' was heard from the class.
'Mr. Margera.' Mr. Thayer said causing Bam's head to shoot up and I saw him stuff a magazine into his binder.
'Yes, Mr. Thayer?' He said a little louder then necessary making the class laugh.
'Since your partner in crime, Mr. Raab dropped the class and you unfortunatly weren't able to, you are in need of a science partner.' He said once the class had died down.
'Yes, I am.'
'Well, why doesn't Ashley move back there with you, and Rian can move up here with Mark.'
The girl I took as Ashley rolled her eyes and began to pack her stuff up.
'Mr. Thayer, I live no where near Ashley and Rian just moved in up the street from me, so I think me being partners with Rian would be the better option, in case of a project or something.' Bam said with pleading eyes.
'That's fine with me, Mr. Margera, as long as you and Miss Lightman are getting your work done.' Mr. Thayer said.
I walked to the back of the room and placed my stuff next to Bam.
'Why do you do these things?' I whispered.
'Because, we're buddies, Ri Ri.' He said.
'Don't call me that.'
'Whatever.' I said as he pulled out a skateboarding magazine from his binder and looked at it.
Class began and it was nothing special, just taking notes.
School ended and I went to my locker. Rose popped up and passed me her number.
'Call me.' She said.
'Okay.' I said and began walking home. I had memorized the way this morning. It wasn't a far walk. I walked in the door fifteen minutes later.
'Hey hun.' My mom said.
'Hey.'
'How was your first day?'
'Good. I made firends.' I said.
'Oh good!' She said going back to dinner. I grabbed the phone and ran up to my room. I dialed Drea's number. Her brother answered.
'Hey Taylor, Is Drea there?' I asked.
'Yeah, hang on.' Two minutes later she got on the phone. 'Hello?'
'Hey!'
'Hey! How was your day?' She asked excitidly.
I broke into an all out play by play of my day.
'Wow.' She said giggling.
'I know. How was your day?' I asked.
Before she could answer I heard the door bell ring.
'Rian! Could you get that?' My mom screamed.
I ran down the stairs laughing at the story Drea was telling me. I opened the door and paused.