Status: completed

California Love A7X

Assuming

The contents of my stomach was being dumped into the toilet bowl. I did end up eating Brian's turkey sandwich. It was good going in. Coming out. Well that was where I'm at now. Something hadn't agreed with me. So now here I am about four thirty in the morning puking my fuckin' brains out.

Jimmy: Melifus? Is that you?

He peeked into the bathroom.

Melly: yeah Jim.

I managed before blowing up again. I felt him walk in.

Jimmy: oh hot damn. You're sick.

Melly: thanks for telling me.

Jimmy: need some water? Or a towel? Shower maybe?

I laid my face on the toilet seat as gross as that sounds. I didn't care I'm sick. Food poisoning is not a pretty thing. I took slow deep breaths. Closing my eyes I thought back to when Zacky brought me home that one night. He undressed and showered me.

Jimmy: is this gonna be like last time? Are you dehydrated. You know you're supposed to be drinking water Melifus. Jenn and Brian are gonna yell at you for not being careful.

Melly: Jenn is not home remember.

Jimmy: I know but she'll find out. She's Jenn.

I sighed.

Jimmy: do you need to go to the doctors?

Melly: no.

Jimmy: I'll be right back.

I didn't care. He could go light a fuckin' cat on fire right now and I wouldn't even care. I felt like shit. And me hangin' close to the toilet was all I cared about. Me wanting the next wave of puke is what I wanted. Because that just meant one step closer to this shit being done. I heard stumbling.

Brian: Melly.

He said sounding concerned.

Brian: what's wrong? Do you need some meds? Or to go to the hospital?

I groaned and heaved into the porcelain bowl. The sound of my chunks splashing and sloshing in the water made me heave even harder. I didn't even realize I had this much shit in my stomach.

Melly: for you not to freak out is what I need cus.

I stammered out.

Brian: here.

He handed me a cup of water. I took a sip then spit it out.

Melly: thanks.

He helped me to my feet.

Melly: I'm cool Brian.

I stumbled into my room. Falling onto my bed. Sun light blared on my face. Making it hard for me to keep sleeping. My face twitched as I attempted to ignore the heat. Rolling over I bumped into something.

Melly: again cus? Really?

Johnny: that's gross.

I opened my eyes and looked at his concerned smiling face.

Melly: don't be thinking nasty Johnny its to early and I don't feel good.

Johnny: I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about you getting me confused with your ugly cousin.

I gave him a pathetic excuse of a smile.

Melly: I suppose that could be gross.

I could feel the turning of my stomach.

Johnny: you got crack head lips. All white and dry.

Melly: oh fabulous.

His hand pushed back some of my nasty feeling hair.

Melly: I must look a hot mess.

He nodded.

Johnny: atleast you got an excuse.

Melly: I gue-

I stopped abruptly. Took a deep breath then continued.

Melly: I guess.

He looked at me funny.

Melly: I just refrained from puking in your face.

Johnny: I really appreciate that.

I closed my eyes. His fingers gently rubbed the back of my neck. I took in a long ragged breath. Nope not good enough. I got up and ran to the bathroom. My stomach told my body to throw up but it was empty. I was lucky to get some nasty bile up. My throat burned. Johnnys gentle hands held my hair out of my face. He rubbed my back as I leaned over the toilet.

Melly: this sucks. That's the last time I eat one of Brians turkey sandwiches.

Johnny: Brian doesn't think its the turkey sandwich.

I looked back at him.

Melly: that's the last thing I even fuckin' ate.

Johnny: yeah well he doesn't think its the sandwich.

Melly: what else could it be?

He helped me up. His eyes wandered down.

Melly: really? Really? What does he take me for? An idiot? Do I look like I could handle that kind of thing? Where is he.

Johnny: calm down Melly Mel. We know you aren't... Right?

I glared at him. I let my hand run down his face.

Melly: I need to fuck someone in order to do that Johnny. And I'm pretty sure I haven't been date raped.

He shook his head.

Johnny: I don't know what you do in your spare time.

My shoulders relaxed. Both my hands were on either side of his face.

Melly: Johnny, you are all my time.

He smiled a little.

Johnny: your breath stinks.

Melly: I just vomited, what do you want?

Johnny: let's get you something to drink.

We went to the kitchen where all the guys were. Eyes looked at me curiously.

Zacky: you just look utterly fabulous Melly.

A smirk laid across his face.

Brian: shut up.

Matt: how you feeling?

I shrugged then rubbed my stomach. I saw the look in everyones eyes and laughed inside.

Melly: what guys?

Guys: nothing.

I went to the fridge and grabbed a can of ginger ale. They were all utterly still. Watching me carefully.

Melly: Johnny. What are they staring at?

I whispered in his ear.

Johnny: I already told you what your cousin thinks.

I glared at no one in particular. The others carried on with their conversations. Not completely losing interest with me.

Melly: just cause we hang out all the time doesn't give him the right to think that Johnny.

Johnny: no, but its what anyone might think. Plus your his baby cousin.

Melly: well its stupid. Even if that was the case, which clearly isn't, what could he possibly do? Huh? Tell me.

Johnny: calm down. Its not that big of a deal.

Our talk was hushed. I looked over at the guys slowly. Noticing how quiet it had gotten. They all quickly went back to their conversations.

Melly: fine. This will be a good one to tell Jenn when she comes back.

Johnny: what?

Melly: let's play a joke on Brian.

Johnny: what kind of joke?

Melly: a really mean one.

Johnny: I can do that.

I leaned into Johnny. His arms instinctively went around me. Once again the others conversation went quieter. I looked at Johnny with a smile. He held back laughter.

Johnny: you better now?

Melly: yeah it was just a bad case this time.

Brian: bad case of what?

Melly: nothing.

He pursed his lips. I backed away from Johnny but he kept a hold of me. Johnny looked at me so they wouldn't see him holding back laughter.

Melly: what Johnny?

He shook his head and casually ran a hand across my belly. This made everyone perk up.

Melly: so are we still having beach day?

Brian: not with you being all gross and pukey.

Melly: but I'm fine now.

Zacky: really? Now that's interesting.

Clearly he was feeding fuel to the fire in Brians mind. Then again so was I.

Jimmy: I don't think we should. You were hacking up all your organs this morning Melifus.

Melly: like I said I'm over it now. Its ok.

Matt: I'm with Jim. From the way he described it, it sounded pretty bad.

Melly: fine. Johnny, me and you can go to the beach. I'll go get my suit on.

Brian muttered something.

Melly: what cus?

Brian: oh what? Nothing, nothing. I'll go with you guys.

Melly: I'm glad you changed your mind. Anyone else?

They all ended up joining us. The day was extra hot. Summer is near. I don't have to be living here long to know that. The sand felt hot but good against my feet. Johnny's arm was around my waist.

Melly: where were you yesterday?

Johnny: what?

Melly: you were the only one who didn't come over yesterday.

Johnny: oh I just had some errands to run.

Melly: what kind?

Johnny: bills and shit.

Melly: I see.

Johnny: you don't seem fully convinced.

I shrugged.

Melly: I dunno just found it weird everyone but you showed up.

He stayed quiet.

Johnny: I was thinking about stuff. Being around everyone wouldn't have let me think clearly.

I wrapped my arms around his middle.

Melly: thinking about what?

Johnny: just things we've talked about.

Brian passed us as he said that. His eyes reading into our every movement.

Melly: me leaving?

He looked out to the water.

Johnny: yeah.

Melly: its not likely to happen. I don't plan to move.

He let the others get ahead of us.

Johnny: I just don't want to say anything and then have you leave.

Melly: what do you want to say?

He stared at me for a second.

Zacky: don't play so naïve. The act both of you put up is total bullshit.

Johnny glared at him as he walked away. Instead of getting my answer we just joined everyone else.