Status: completed

California Love A7X

No words

I stared out the window. Leaning against the counter. Mad at myself. How did I let myself get so out of hand. So over whelmed. So worked up. Why did I let him get to me. I shook my head. No one in Matt's house was awake yet. A sigh escaped my lips. I hit Jenn. I hit her and didn't realize it. That's not ok. How could I do such a thing to someone who's been more than nice to me.

Melly: fu-

I growled at myself because my throat throbbed. Crossing my arms and turning away from the window. I felt tired. So tired and sick. I had to go apologize, even though I didn't have a voice at the moment. I headed towards the door, grabbing the keys to Matt's Charger and one of his hoodies. The engine roared to life and I drove off down the street. Inside the house was still. It felt uneasy inside. Like at any moment something was about to shatter on the floor. Todd's collar let me know he was awake. What was I going to say? Sorry just didn't seem good enough. It wasn't. I walked into the living room. Slumping on the couch. I decided I would wait. Till she woke up. Just so I could prepare some kind of lame ass apologie.

Jimmy: Melifus?

I jumped and looked at him. He quickly came over and wrapped his arms around me.

Jimmy: are you ok? You ran off and showed up at Matt's house ready to pass out.

I opened my mouth to say something and decided against it.

Jimmy: what's wrong?

I grabbed my throat.

Jimmy: Melly, you've got a sore throat?

Melly: I-

I cringed. His eyes widened.

Jimmy: you lost your voice!

I held my finger to my mouth in a shush motion.

Jimmy: opps. You are like your hero the little mermaid.

I shook my head not understanding, a brow perked.

Jimmy: no voice. She lost hers...and you lost yours.

He smiled. A slight smile on my lips. I shook my head again.

Jimmy: I know, only me right?

I nodded.

Jimmy: you look like...tiered.

He meant crap.

Jimmy: you should go to bed.

I shook my head and pretended to drive. And then acted like I had huge muscles. I'd rather look like an idiot than have the unexplainable horrible feeling in my throat.

Jimmy: oh sharades fun. Umm...let's see you drove and you're a body builder. No...uhhh you drove...that's right...

I acted singing out.

Jimmy: Matt? Yes! Ok. You drove...Matt's car?

I nodded and hugged him. Then managed to indicate I had to take it back.

Jimmy: are you going to stay there again?

I nodded.

Jimmy: should I tell them?

I nodded. I went into my room and stopped in the door way. My door was open. I walked in slowly. Scanning my room. Nothing was out of place. I grabbed some essential items. I gave Jimmy a kiss on the cheek and left. When I got to Matt's house he was in the kitchen getting breakfast started. I struggled to get an apology out. I mouthed the words.

Matt: no worries. No need to be sorry.

He smiled. His eyes wandered to the bag I had in my hand. I smiled timidly.

Matt: my house is just as much your house.

His smile never fading. I sighed and nodded.

Matt: go pick a room and come have breakfast.

I nodded and quickly did as told. When I came back I examined what he was making.

Matt: we are having eggs, hash browns, and toast.

I shook my head, face scrunched up.

Matt: atleast have a cup of juice with me.

A nod.

Matt: you look a little better than last night.

I made a face and stared at the counter.

Matt: Melly, Jenn is fine. Zacky is fine. You didn't ruin his perfect face.

I scowled a bit.

Matt: You said it not me.

He placed a cup of juice infront of me. Now I understood why my throat still throbbed. Talking in my sleep.

Melly: oh.

I mouthed and sipped the sweet beverage. I didn't realize how thirsty I actually was.

Matt: you scared the shit out of Danny.

Eye roll.

Danny: I wasn't that scared.

He placed a hand on my back.

Danny: just more suprised than anything.

Melly: sorry.

I mouthed. Danny shrugged.

Matt: your cousin might be stopping by.

I huffed. My face in my hands.

Matt: I could tell him not to.

I went and looked for a paper and a pen. They both shook their heads.

Matt: no you aren't horrible for not wanting to see anyone. Although I don't know how possible that actually is.

I looked at them.

Danny: knowing Johnny he's on his way.

He answered.

Matt: I could tell him you're still not feeling well. I could tell everyone they aren't allowed to see you again.

I raised a brow.

Matt: I did that last night when everyone found out you were here. I thought it would be better that you slept and shit.

Danny: yeah I can't imagine what you'd look like had you not got any rest.

His eyes looked me over carefully. I sighed and rested my head in my hands. Then scribbled something else down.

Danny: you're defitnatly a hot mess.

We heard the front door open.

Matt: looks like we're too late Melly.

I nodded. Then we all got confused. I did atleast.

Matt: oh? Hey?...

We looked at our guest. He stood there fascinating as always. The dark circles clung to those vibrant eyes.

Danny: what brings you here Zack?

He gave Danny a look.

Zacky: who do you think?

Danny: I don't know maybe you were missing me so much you just had to see me.

Zacky: not really.

Then he looked at me. I felt my breath hitch as I often do.

Matt: you alright?

I nodded. He squeezed my shoulder gently. Zacky seemed to let out a sigh of relief.

Zacky: I'm glad you're ok.

I looked at his face. Ruined. His top lip looked funny. Swollen. Typical black eye. His hair laid every which way. Ofcourse he still looked amazing. I looked away.

Zacky: I need a smoke.

He headed for the back.

Matt: this is awkward. I'm not going to lie.

Danny: yeah...I'm going to go take a shower.

Matt: and I'll go make my bed.

They left me alone. What am I supposed todo? My move. I went outside. Zacky glanced at me. I had my arms crossed.

Zacky: what the fuck happened to your arm?

I looked at my arm. It had a huge scrape. Like I'd skidded across the floor. I pushed the sleeve up to Matt's shirt. My eyes went wide at the sight of ugly light purple splotches.

Zacky: what happened to you?

He had straightened out and came over to examine. I took a step away.

Zacky: hey that wasn't me babe. You did all the punching.

It was at that second I noticed how fucked up his face and mouth actually looked. His lips were cracked and puffed. His lip rings looked like they were to small. His jaw was swollen. His chin had an ugly gash that seemed to be half scabbed. I shook my head.

Zacky: the bruises might be from when Matt grabbed you.

I frowned.

Zacky: he pulled you off me but when you tried to get out of his grasp he really grabbed ya.

I looked down at my arms again. I've never bruised easliy so this must have been some force. My fingertips ran over them lightly. The smell of his smoke reached my nose. Quickly my eyes darted to him. Questioning what he was even doing here. He shook his head a bit.

Zacky: I know...I'm not sure why I even came over. I know you don't want to see my fuckin' face.

I raised a brow.

Zacky: I lied...I do know why. I just wanted to make sure you were ok.

He looked at me.

Zacky: you ran off and no one could find you. And sick.

He sighed.

Zacky: and I was a complete asshole. I just can't do things right with you.

He shook his head. His green eyes looked sad.

Zacky: I apologize. Though it doesn't mean much to you. I'm twenty something years old and I should know better.

He shook his head at himself. I shrugged and walked over to Matt's pool. Lightly dipping my feet in.

Zacky: want to see my brusies?

I looked at him briefly then walked back over. He lifted his shirt.

Zacky: you'd think the ugly one would hurt, but no. This little fucker is the sensitive one.

I stood up straight and went back inside.

Matt: is he gone?

I shook my head. Then I lifted the sleeve of my shirt and showed him the bruises.

Matt: sorry about that. You were really beatin' the shit out of Zack. We still need him, even if he did cross the line.

I nodded.

Zacky: when is Brian coming over? I need to talk to him.

Matt: call him.

Zacky: he won't asnwer the phone.

Matt: well I don't know Melly doesn't really feel like seeing anyone right now...

Zacky: I should leave.

Matt nodded.