Oh, But You're An Explosion

"Is That An Epiphany I Sense?"

"That was awful," I muttered, sighing into the cold night air.

Oli's grip on my waist tightened, pulling me closer to him. He had a large grin on his face still from seeing me wear his band's hoodie, though I told him it was totally by accident. His taunting never faulted - not even when he had drool hanging out of his mouth when the credits started rolling. He mumbled things sleepily, which made me laugh.

"I think I fell asleep," he laughed, searching his pockets for a cigarette.

Erin groaned. "I did fall asleep."

Her hair was a wild bird's nest as she leaned into Adam's open arms, obviously tired out of her mind. Her eyes said it all - she wanted to go to sleep.

"That's what you get for waking me up," I laughed out, sticking my tongue out at her.

She returned the gesture weakly and rolled her eyes, shuffling towards the car, but Adam's arm caught her's and drug her towards the shitty, broken-down Pizza Hut on the corner of the lot.

"What the hell are you doing? I am tired, Adam! Let me sleep!" she begged, lazily yanking at her arm, trying to be free of his grasp.

He only laughed at her. "Nope. I'm hungry."

"Me too," Oli agreed, a smile on his face.

Erin sneered at him. "You just want to spend time with Anna, Lover-boy."

His face went blank and his cheeks turned pink. He looked straight to his shoes, a smirk obviously adorned on his lips. I don't think I had ever seen Oli turn that red in my short amount of time knowing him. It was almost cute until I remembered that Erin had something to tell me when we were in the line for the movie.

The guys sat down at the table, but I grabbed Erin up before she could sit down and drug her to the bathroom, making sure nobody was occupying the stalls.

"Did you want to talk to me?" I asked, planting my butt on a dry sink.

She nodded, sighing. "Yeah. I..."

I rolled my eyes. "You what?"

"I'm pregnant, Anna," she muttered, running her hands together nervously.

"I thought that the tests said negative."

"Yeah, well, they didn't. I lied." She scoffed at herself, now pacing back and forth in the bathroom. "It was some kind of denial or something... I don't know! I just... I'm not sure if Adam and I are exactly ready for this, you know?"

She sighed. "We've been together for so long we can make it work out, I know that, but I don't know if this is how I wanted things to go. I don't know if I want this baby."

"Well," I sighed, "I don't know what to tell you. You don't really have a choice."

"I know, I know. I just..."

She stopped for a second, zoning out. Her face went blank and her gaze settled on a wall that had absolutely nothing on it. I was starting to think stroke when she snapped out of it.

"I'm going to tell him tomorrow and see what he says about it," she said triumphantly, a smile on her face.

"Is that an epiphany I sense?" I laughed, giving her an odd look.

She nodded. "Yeah. I think it was, Anna. We can make this work."

"Good," I laughed. "I'm hungry. Let's go eat!"

"Onward!" she shouted, laughing and running out of the door.

[--]

"So Erin really is pregnant?" Oli asked.

I nodded, my head bobbing awkwardly against the hood of his car. "Yeah. She is."

"That's amazing," he muttered quietly, tightening his grip on my hand.

I laughed, turning my head towards him. "What's amazing?"

"That they made a human - a person - and it's inside of her," he gawked quietly. "They love each other so much. It's such a gift to have something so there in your life, you know? Nothing ever comes that easy, but for them it's just... there. They're so happy."

I nearly lost my breath. "Yeah. It is amazing."

"Don't you wish you had something like that, Anna?" he asked, shifting himself so he was up on his elbow.

I gulped. "Yeah, I do, but I'm not in a rush. I know it'll happen eventually."

"Well," he sighed, falling onto his back, "I'm ready for it to happen now. And I think it is. I really, really do."
♠ ♠ ♠
"I love your meaningless."
- Alesana

Sorry such a crappy late update.
My great grandma was in the hospital, my friend had a sixteenth birthday, I had FCAT, a bunch of homework, and I got a new computer.
HOO-SHA!
I'll try and update again tonight.
Comment would be nice.

I think this is coming to an end pretty shortly.

BY THE WAY! I have a new story out. It's Alex Gaskarth - I know, I know. - and it's actually kind of funny at the moment. It's called This Circle Never Ends. and I think you should give it a read. (: