Disguised as a Lover

Chapter 10

After my wonderful adventure at the paint store with my brother, we decided we might as well start painting something today. Him knowing my laziness and ability to be easily distracted, it was obvious that I would never get it finished.

We walked up the stone walk way to the front door, slipping my key in the key hole and jiggling it a little until I heard the click of the lock. I walked in and set the paint and brushes in the living room, where I decided I would start.

Novak said coming up from behind me, "I'm starving." giving me puppy dog eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked, realizing I too was hungry.

"Uh lets just order in?" He said more as a question.

"okay, well what do you want to order. Pizza, Chinese..?" I asked.

"I say pizza."

"Alright, well you order, I just moved here so I kind of don't know the number." I said handing him the phone and walking into the living room to set down the plastic before I painted. Novak came back in asking me to help him move the furniture.

By the time everything was set up and ready for painting, the doorbell had rung signaling the pizza had arrived. I opened the front door to come face to face with a good looking teenager, but a little young for my liking.

"20.13 is your total." He said handing me the pizza and wings. I gave him the total plus a tip and went to close the door before a foot between the door jam and itself stopped it. I opened it and came face to face with the one and only.

"What doya want?" I asked him.

"Oh ya know, just wanted to come see my best friend in the whole wide world." He said grinning, and taking the pizza from my hands, walking further into the house, me not far behind.

"Bam so help me god if you eat my pizza.." I started, but stopped when I saw Bam and Novak already eating the pizza.

"What are you gunna do about it Shane?" He asked taking a huge bite of the pizza and chewing extremely obnoxiously.

"Your an ass, you know that."

"Yes I do, and you obviously love me for it." He said grinning, making me blush, for reasons I couldn't think of. Turning around to grab a cup out of the cabinet, really just hiding my blush so my brother could taunt me less next time.

"Your ego is bigger than any one persons should be." I said.

"Yes, I believe your right."

"At least you admit it. Now I'm going to paint." I said going out into the living room. I pried open the paint can for the maroon paint and poured it in the roller tray.

The boring white walls were soon half covered in maroon when Bam and Novak came in to help.

"God, took you long enough."

"I'll take my time. You're lucky I'm even helping." Bam retorted with his voice lathered in attitude.

"Excuse me, at what time did you hear me ask you for help, because I don't believe I did." I spat at him with just as much attitude.

"Why are you always such a bitch."

"Why are you even in my house? Last time I checked, we didn't like each other. I came here because I had to, but I never wanted to, because of you! Because I can't stand you!" I yelled, the heat rising to my face from my anger.

"It's not my fault you had to come here because you're a drug addict." He yelled right back and that comment just fueled the fire.

"I'm gunna go home now." Novak said timidly, muttering something about how it's never going to end and practically running to the door, neither Bam or I really acknowledged him.

"Why do you always bring that into everything. That's none of your goddamn business, so stay out of it."

"It's not my fault your pathetic."

"If I'm so pathetic, then why do you keep coming here every night. Oh yeah! I forgot, you've been hiding from your slut of a fiance!" I screamed, now only about a foot from his face.

"Don't bring her or that into this. Don't you dare." He said calmer than most this argument has been, but still holding just as much hate in his voice.

"Oh yeah, but it's just fine to bring my life problems into this isn't it?"

"You're seriously a bitch, I can't stand you." He said throwing his hands up.

"If you can't stand me so goddamn much then why are you here! Why do you always come here?"

I expected another scream from him or a blow to the self esteem with his comments about my problems, but I got quite the opposite.

I watched him come at me as his hands went to each side of my face and his lips were on my own. What happened from there was a blur to me. My hands wrapped around his neck as his slid from my face to my waste pulling me closer and kissing me more fiercely. His tongue slid across my bottom lip as we started backing up until my knees met the arm of the couch and I toppled backward, pulling Bam with me as my back met the cushions of the couch. I let our tongues battle for dominance a while, before giving up lazily and letting him take control. Our bodies were so close, as if trying to melt together and I was too caught up in the moment to realize this was a very wrong thing to do.

It was when his hand found its way to the hem of my shirt that I gained back control over my mind and body and pulled away, releasing my hands from his neck slowly and sliding out from underneath him.

"I'm sorry. You have Missy and this," I said motioning between the two of us "This is an extremely stupid this for both of us to do."

He just sat there and stared at my face with his own emotionless and I suddenly felt extremely vulnerable, making me bite my lip out of nervous habit. He didn't say anything as he got up from the couch and walked towards the door.

When I heard the door close, I suddenly felt empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so it's been forever and I apologize to everyone. Between school and this 8 page research paper I have to do in English, soccer and just being busy in general has made it hard to get on here.

Also I wrote this story spontaneously so I'm kind of making things up as I go along.

Anyway, I hate this chapter, but you might like it, who knows. At least we finally got some Shane/Bam action.

I want at least 5 comments before I write the next chapter. I know I said I wouldn't do this, but I just need more opinions even if it's "OMG I HATE THIS STORY!" I'll appreciate your honesty.

comments & subscriptions = love
Thanks :]