Disguised as a Lover

Chapter 16

Two hours, three gallons of ice cream and four episodes of stupid shows on cartoon network later, we were sitting in the living room arguing about the best kind of ice cream.

"Rocky Road is pretty much the best, end of story." Novak said.

"You know, I think I like just the classic strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate kind." I said shrugging.

"No way Rocky Road."

"Nope classic." We both looked at Bam expectantly.

"Oh no, I'm not in this."

"You have to agree with one of us." Novak said.

"Yeah Bam, you have to agree with one of us." I said giving him a glare. His eyes widened and he snapped his head towards my brother.

"I agree with Shane." He said rushed.

"Asshole! Your suppose to agree with me." Novak yelled.

"She gave me the look." Bam said pointing to me. Novak looked at me and I wore a triumphant smile.

"Cheater." He sneered.

"That wasn't cheating. That was technique."

"Technique my ass! That was cheating."

"Brandon your a sore loser." I said giving him a sympathetic smile.

"I'm leaving, your a bitch." He said but wore a smile so I knew he wasn't serious about the bitch part. He got off the couch and picked up his keys walking to the door.

"where are you going?" I asked him as he reached the door.

"Duty calls." He said sending me a smile saying he wasn't going to tell me and started to open the door.

"What duty?"

He smiled again and started walking about the door. "Bye Shane, Bam." and the door closed.

"Do you know what duty he's talking about?" I asked Bam turning towards him so I was facing him, leaning against the arm of the chair. He put his hands up defensively and shook his head.

"Whatever. So what do you want to do?" I asked not wanting to get stuck in another awkward silence. A task that proved to be impossible as we lapsed into yet another awkward silence after Bam shrugged to my question.

Then I remembered when he kissed me on the same couch we sat on right now. The words that came out of my mouth next weren't suppose to be said out loud, but it was like I was on autopilot.

"Why did you kiss me?" I gaped at me own question and almost put my hand over my mouth. I guess it wouldn't hurt to know though.

We sat there in silence and it made me think Bam thought it was a mistake and hated himself for it. I bit my lip as a nervous habit. The tense silence between us was nerve-wracking. Bam seem to contemplate whatever he was planning on saying.

"I don't know." He said.

"Oh." Is all I could come up with for a reply. I don't know? Thats all he could come up with. He kissed and we almost had sex, and he doesn't know. If the silence was awkward before, then I don't know what the word for this is. We sat there in complete silence except the low murmur of the T.v. in the background. Nether of us had moved for the past five minutes and we certainly didn't attempt to speak, because I don't think we could handle much more tension.

"Why did you kiss me back." I heard Bam say lowly as if he didn't want to say it or was scared of my reaction.

Why did I kiss him back? Sexual tension I guess would be a reasonable enough excuse, but that wasn't the reason. I don't know what the reason was really. It was just the way when are lips touched butterflies fluttered in my stomach like never before. His lips felt like they were almost made for mine. His hands on my face and sides burned. All in all it felt right and I could only think of one reason that I could give him.

"Because I wanted to."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is so short, but I felt like I should update with something. I didn't edit it either.

I'll try my best to update again tomorrow, but I have a soccer game and I'm going with my friend to get her bellybutton pierced.
I do have the whole week off though for winter break so I'll probably update a few times this week.

comments and subscriptions are nice.
your welcome to say this chapter sucked, ill understand.