Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Freedom

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

"Evelyn? Evie? Wake up, come on, Sweetheart," a voice whispers to me.

I gaze up lazily, only to see the face of my brother, Harry Potter.

"Harry? Am I dreaming?" I sit up in alarm. "Oh Merlin! I'm dead!" I pat my face and body nervously, ridiculously checking for signs of life.

Harry only laughs at me. My eyes dart around the room frantically. I am still in my disgusting cell in Azkaban. He must be planning to break me out. This could not be a good idea.

"How did you get in here?" I whisper.

"Well, it took a lot of testimonies and petitions, but I finally got enough proof for the Ministry to change their minds. You're free, Evie!"

At his words, my heart leaps, and I nearly faint in excitement. I grab Harry and pull him into the tightest hug I can muster. I should have known he'd come through for me.

"Thank you so much, Harry!" I squeal with delight.

For the first time in nearly three months, I deeply study another human face. Harry's eyes are tired, but also happy, and that deep, emerald green that I've missed so much. His hair is longer than I remember it being before. It now hangs just over his eyes. His smile is the best part, though. It's warm and inviting, not to mention the only joyful thing I've seen in months. I hug him again, tears of gratitude and relief pouring from my eyes.

"Calm down, Evelyn," he orders, his voice suddenly stern. I release him and stare cautiously into his eyes. I don't trust his tone, there must be something bad he isn't telling me.

"There are conditions to your freedom. You're on probation. If you don't agree to these conditions, I can't get you out of here," he warns.

I nod my head swiftly. I will do anything to get out of Azkaban.

"You have to stay with either me, Ron, or Hermione at all times. Also, you can't see any Death Eaters at all. That includes Blaise and Draco," Harry informs me.

"What?!" I scream, "You've got to be joking."

"Look, Draco is in hiding. He's still sought after by the Ministry and the Order. I know that he's innocent of murder, but he still conspired and let the Death Eaters in the castle. And Blaise, as well as the rest of your family, is still loyal to Voldemort," Harry rationalizes.

"Draco didn't kill Dumbledore?" I ask incredulously.

"No, now look, we have to go. Ron, Hermione, and I have some very important things to do. And, you're coming with us, because you have to. We'll explain everything to you later, when we're in a safe place, but for now, we have to go," Harry states. His words are hurried and frantic, and quite honestly, they frighten me.

I'm not sure what exactly is happening. It's all such a rush. My head is spinning and I am beyond confused, but I trust Harry. Right now, he's my only life line, and I would be an idiot not to grab ahold of this chance.

Harry takes my hand and leads me out of my prison cell. I spare it one last glance before stepping out into the hallway. For the tiniest fraction of a second, I want to crawl back inside of it and hide. After all, in there my life was stable, secure. While it might have been horrid, at least in there I didn't have to face the wreck my life had become.

I shake those ridiculous thoughts out of my head. It's no longer time to hide from reality, it's time to fix all that's gone wrong.

The chapter of my life that was torture and solitude is over. The chapter of freedom and fulfillment is about to begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?