‹ Prequel: It's Not Over
Sequel: Here Comes Goodbye

My Immortal

Chapter 015

The Day Brian came back

It had been a week and Jo had dreaded the day Brian was coming back, she sent Mary and James to the park and told her to take him to a movie and whatever else. Bam had left two days before, and Ville had come and apologized.

Jimmy had proposed to Lauren and he had begged Jo to be the photographer. She wasn’t included in the wedding like the initial plans had been so many years ago, and it saddened her but she had to do it. He had done too much for her.

Johnny kept coming over every single day. Mary now prepared meals for him without even asking if he was coming over. James was enjoying the male attention. He missed Ville since they didn’t spend their quality time together, yet he understood mommy did something bad and Ville needed time.

He was going to the wedding, being invited by Johnny who told him to invite him after Lauren found out they met.

She heard the door bell, dreading to open it she got up from her computer desk and walked to the front door. Sure enough there stood Brian, Jo motioned for him to come in without saying anything.

We walked to the kitchen it was my comfort zone, he sat down on the stool and Jo stood across from him. He placed an envelope on the table. “What’s that?” Jo asked.

“Can you please talk with an accent?” he asked, he looked very tired.

“Alright,” Jo said feeling a little weird about the request.

“I’m telling Sam,” he said in a flat voice. “This is everything she’s going to be reading tonight, I want you to read it before, so you know what she knows, I can’t lie to her.”

“Ok, I can respect that.” Jo took the envelope and hugged it to her chest. “I have one request.”

“You have a request, that’s rich,” Brian sounded a little crazy at that point, scaring Jo.

“Please.” Jo pleaded, he nodded he was at least hearing her out. “You don’t tell Zacky.”

He looked at her, his eyes dead. “I’m not about to hurt my best friend, that’s all on your head, but you have to tell him.”

“I will eventually,” Jo said not moving from the spot unsure about what to say.

“Well, ok.” Brian stood up and ran a hand through his hair.

“Ok,” Jo said as she walked him to the door. She leaned against it and the envelope in her hand was burning her heart. She went back into the study and decided to work, yet after a half an hour of glances towards the envelope she decided to open it.

There were letters from PI’s and then a hand written note.

Dear Jo,

I’m sorry I had to tell him everything I knew, I had to explain to him.
I didn’t betray you in the sense I wanted to hurt you.
This is for the best you and I both know it.
I gave him everything I had of your new life, he took it and left.
If worse comes to worse you can come back here, but I’m sure he’ll understand.
He understood after Vlad died, when I went to him, he’ll understand now.
Yes he came to me, after the funeral and asked about you.
I couldn’t lie to him, he didn’t threaten me but he intimidated me.
Whenever James was over he asked to see him and I allowed it.
He didn’t do anything bad, but I do believe that James knows about his origin.
Who his dad is as a person.
I’m sorry if I decided against your wished, I did what I thought was best.

I love you bb.

XOXO
Roxy


Jo re-read the letter, she wasn’t upset but she was worried about Sam’s reaction. She wasn’t ready for this to go out in the open, for the past 5 years she had been thinking she had made the right decision walking away.

But it had been selfish, even though she had sacrificed everything for James and his new life. She felt like she had hindered his growth away from his father. It was time to fix everything. Soon, she will have to sit down with the man who hated her and give him every reason to hate her and never talk to her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update my lovelies.
Enjoy.
XOXO