‹ Prequel: It's Not Over
Sequel: Here Comes Goodbye

My Immortal

Chapter 018

“Steph can I talk to you?” Roxy said in a very serious voice.

They went to the back, “What the fuck are you thinking?” Roxy turned to her after they entered the room.

“What? There’s no harm in Lydia getting to know Zacky,” Steph said taking off her heels and switching to a pair of flats she had in the room.

“You’re out of it, she’s exhausted even being this close to them, and you want to stress her out even more. She hasn’t gotten more then an hour a sleep at a time, since they came back, and you want to throw her to the wolves,” Roxy was getting irritated.

“She told you that?” Steph asked in a tiny voice.

“No, just look at her, she’s tired,” Roxy opened the door and sure enough there was Jo with a smile plastered on her face that looked like it was killing her.

“Fuck, I messed up,” Steph said closing the door, right before everyone looked in that direction.

“Yeah, now we just gotta think of something,” Roxy said stepping out of the room.

“What are you going to do?” Steph asked.

“I have no idea,” Roxy said as she went up to Matt. She looked up at him and noticed he had his aviators on, so she took them off. Bam was off to the side catching a picture of that, he chuckled to himself. Matt didn’t know what he was in for.

He looked over to the side and sure enough Steph was talking to Johnny. She was really close to him, he was leaning against the back of the couch. She was between his legs pulling him close by his shirt. Brian had Sam sitting in his lap she was trying to relax him.

Jimmy and Lauren were off in the corner smoking a cigarette and smiling at each other. He noticed Jo sitting away from Zacky on the couch. Jo had her eyes closed. He took a picture of her, she looked so peaceful.

“Alright who goes first?” Johnny asked, he had a frown on his face, what ever Steph had said in his ear had gotten him thinking.

“Um, how about everyone?” Bam said.

“Steph, Music,” Roxy said. Sure enough Steph went and reached into Jo’s bag and took her Ipod out.

Jimmy let got of Lauren but grabbed her hand and walked in front of the big white screen. They giggled as Bam took shots of them.

“What’s wrong?” Sam asked Brian.

“I have to talk to you later,” Brian said his jaw tight she tried to relax him but it didn’t work. She knew something was bothering him, it had been bothering since the day she had met Lydia. She looked over at her and something made her want to cry but she didn’t know what.

Something about her face was peaceful and familiar. She then noticed a very tense Zacky sitting next to her but far away. He was looking at her and studying her, could he be starting to like Lydia. Now that was something new, he didn’t go for blue eyed blonds.

“Ohh, I got the perfect song,” Steph said as Back in Your Head by Teagan and Sarah started to play. It brought back memories to Jo.

“No, guys,” Jo sat up, but she tripped on her own feet and landed on Zacky’s lap, she blushed as he stood stunned. He wasn’t hurt just surprised.

“Sorry,” Jo said getting off his lap but he didn’t let her.

“I want to apologize about how I acted,” Zacky said.

“It’s ok,” Jo said trying to get up, she felt like crying, she felt like telling him, but her phone rang and she ran to get it.

In the back she picked up the phone, “Yes?”

“Jo,” Marie’s voice came through the receiver, something was off. “James he left.”

“What do you mean he left?”

“I put him down for his nap and when I went to check on him he had left, the window was open, there is a note on his bed,” Marie broke down and started sobbing.

“Marie what did the note say?” Jo’s mind was filled with images of her son, alone and scared somewhere.

“I went to find my father,” Marie couldn’t speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter.
And a banner for the story.
Image