‹ Prequel: It's Not Over
Sequel: Here Comes Goodbye

My Immortal

Chapter 004

Buried myself alive came to an end, Lydia wiped her tears away. Marie had gone out, so she had the house to herself for a little while. She had taken the boxes into her bedroom earlier. Everything was spread out on the bed.

She popped a DVD into the TV and was watching Avenged in concert. She caught a glimpse of someone and paused it. Another tear rolled down her cheek. Having Zacky in her house had brought up many things she had wished to ignore.

She looked at the clock it was almost 7 pm, Marie would be home soon, she packed everything up and took it back upstairs. Just as she made her way down the attic stairs she heard a knock on the door. Checking the mirror and realizing that her red puffy eyes can’t be hidden she went to answer the door.

When she opened it a gasp escaped her lips. Neither of them said anything for the longest time, the uninvited guest’s eyes traveled up and down her seizing her up. Just as she was about to say something, Killing Loneliness came on. “Come in,” she whispered. He came inside and let the door slide to a close as she went to shut off the music.

“How did you find me?” she whispered from behind him her accent gone. He turned to look at her.

“How didn’t he recognize you?”

“Contacts, blue, the blond hair throws anybody off,” she said not knowing what to do. Her eyes burning, she took her glasses off and rubbed them. “What are you doing here?”

“I needed to see you for myself, when Zacky showed up and he didn’t recognize you, I needed to know why. He’s a fool the eyes, the shape of the eyes is so unique, how could he miss it?” Lydia’s guest shook his head.

“Come in the kitchen, I think I have a bottle of JD somewhere,” Lydia said and he followed her. It was awkward and weird but at the same time it felt so right.

“J-“ he started to say but Lydia cut him off.

“Don’t. Just let me have a moment of piece, but whatever you do don’t call me that, my name is Lydia,” she didn’t turn to look at him as he sat down at the counter. He leaned on it, his arms showing his tattoo’s.

“Lydia,” the name sounded so weird on his lips.

“Yeah?” she turned to him and looked into his eyes.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m making tea, or do you want coffee?” Lydia asked.

“No, that’s not what I meant,”

“I know what you meant but I asked you a question first and you ignored it,” Lydia turned to the coffee maker and put water in it, she would make both.

“You covered your tracks well, I never would of thought different,” he said as she placed a cup in front of him.

“But here you are,” Lydia said.

“Here I am,” he put sugar in his cup.

“What is your plan?” she asked.

“I don’t have one,” he answered.

“You never were good at making plans, always on impulse.” Lydia poured herself coffee and him tea. She then reached under the counter and pulled out a bottle of JD.

“I want you to answer one question,” he said as she poured two shots.

“What’s that?” she didn’t look up at him.

“Why?”

They didn’t hear anyone come in and just then a little voice was heard, “Mommy?” they both looked in the direction of the voice and Lydia shot up to pick up the little boy.

His eyes went wide when he saw the tall man sitting in his kitchen, “Who’s that?” the little boy asked.

“A friend.”

“That’s your uncle Jimmy,” Lydia whispered into her son’s ear, his smile widened. He was never a shy boy and he looked like he liked his uncle right away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update just because I felt like it.
And someone's very addicted it scares me.
mynameisBatman!
♥♥♥♥♥