Status: Finished.

Dear Gravity, You Held Me Down in This Starless City

Catorce

“Maylene, get your ass down here if you don’t want to be late,” Val yelled up the stairs. My suitcase was already sitting in the back of her Ford Explorer, but I was just making sure I had everything. When I knew I was ready to go, I walked down the stairs. I tried to my myself look cute, but comfy and I think I succeeded.

Val was driving me because everyone else was busy. Figures though.

“Finally.”

I just smirked and followed her to the car.

“So, when you get back, make sure to dish on all the details, okay?”

“Alright, I will.”

It took forever to get to the airport in LA. I hate going all the way out here. We checked in my bag and she waited with me for my flight to be called.

“Is Zack pissed that I’m going to Seattle?”

“Yeah, but he will get over it. You have made it pretty clear that you didn’t want to be with him…so he should just get over it.”

It was silent until my flight was called.

“Well, that’s me. I’ll see you in a week,” I said hugging Val.

“Bye girlie, have fun,” She replied.

I found my seat on the plane in no time and was hoping no one would sit next to me. I was surprised though when Kat Von D sat down in the unoccupied seat. I’ve never met her before, but she’s pretty kick ass.

“You’re not going to freak out or anything, right?” Kat asked when she noticed me staring at her.

“Nope, I’m Maylene,” I replied.

“Kat,” She smiled.

The captain came on and did he announcement before the plane took off. I made sure I had a good grip on the arm rests.

“Don’t like flying?” Kat asked.

“Flying is okay. I just don’t like the take-offs or landings. I use to get sick when I first started flying, so the guys would always make me take a sleeping pill and I’d be out the whole flight,” I replied.
“The guys?” She asked curiously.

“Oh, Avenged Sevenfold.”

“Oh, they’re pretty chill dudes.”

I shrugged, “I guess, I live with all of them but Matt. They get on your nerves after awhile.”

“I bet,” She replied.

The two hour and 45 minute flight went by fast and before I knew it, I was saying good-bye to Kat after exchanging numbers. I walked over to the luggage thing and found mine, before looking around for Rob. I didn’t spot him, but I did see a sign with my name on it.

“Hello, Maylene, I’m Andrew. Rob is back at the hotel waiting for you. You understand why he couldn’t meet you here himself,” Andrew said.

“Yeah, I figured he wouldn’t be able to with all the crazy fan girls and stuff,” I replied.

The ride to the hotel was silent and it wasn’t long before I was being shown to Rob’s room.

“Hey,” Rob greeted, engulfing me into a hug, “I’m glad you decided to come out here.”

“I am too,” I replied.

He set my suitcase down on the floor, as I did the same thing with my purse. I shrugged myself out of the hoodie I was wearing.

“So, what do you have planned?” I asked.

“Well, since today is an off day for me, I figured we could just sit around and watch movies,” he replied.

“Sounds good to me.”

“What do you want to watch?”

“I’m not picky.”

We decided on The Breakfast Club. I slid off my UGG boots and joined Rob on his bed. I snuggled up to him and he wrapped his arms around me. He clicked the play button on the remote and my favorite 80’s movie started to play.

“I love this movie,” I said.

“Really? I like it, it’s not a favorite,” Rob replied.
As the movie progressed, I would glance at Rob. He only caught me twice, the second time though I couldn’t look away.

I bit my lip as he continued to look at me and he moved closer. I knew what was about to happen and was praying to God no one would interrupt us this time.

He ghosted his lips across mine before I finally just kissed him full on. I know this will sound cheesy and clichéd, but I felt sparks from that kiss. It was like I had been waiting a lifetime for someone to kiss me like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter.
:]