Status: Finished.

Dear Gravity, You Held Me Down in This Starless City

Diecinueve

It was the morning of the premiere, and I was really nervous.

“Hey, what are you doing up so early?” JB asked. It was seven am.

“Couldn’t sleep…too nervous,” I replied.

“Oh, well, tonight is your night Maylene. It is going to be amazing,” JB said, smiling at me.

“Thanks.” I kissed his cheek and walked back up to my room.

I laid around for awhile before it was time to get ready.

Val was doing my hair while Brandi and Gena were working on my make-up.

“Nervous?” Brandi asked.

“Ugh, you have no idea. Like, I just wanna throw up right now,” I replied.

“Please don’t,” Val replied and grimaced.

It took four hours for everything to be ready. I slipped into my dress and walked down stairs.

“Holy shit, Maylene, you look amazing!” JB exclaimed, holding out his arm.

I bit my lip, “Really?”

“Yes,” He replied.

Everyone else seemed to agree.

I took a shaky breath as JB helped me out of the limo for us to walk down the red carpet.

“Maylene?” I heard Ashley call.

“Ashley! Hey,” I replied. She pulled me into a hug.

“You look amazing,” She commented.

“You do too.” I then looked over and saw Rob with a girl hanging off of his arm. My heart broke at that second.

“That’s August, Rob’s girlfriend. None of us like her. You’re much better for him,” Ashley said, smiling.

I just smiled and she pulled me to come with her. I laced my fingers with JB’s and followed her.
JB and I sat next to Ashley and Kellan while Rob and that girl were a few seats down next to Kristen.

This was going to be a long night.