Status: Finished.

Dear Gravity, You Held Me Down in This Starless City

Veinte

Rob’s POV

The movie had finished about an hour ago and we were at an after party. August was hanging off of my arm. I really don’t know why I’m with her. She is nothing like Maylene.

My eyes darted around the party until they landed on a brunette wearing a deep purple strapless dress. Imagine my surprise when she turned around and it was Maylene. She saw me glance at her and shit bit her lip before turning back to Ashley and the guy she was with.

I sighed as August pouted at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Dance with me,” August commanded. I didn’t get a chance to say anything before she pulled me off to the dance floor. I hate dancing and I can’t dance anyway.

Maylene had started dancing with the guy and I realized he was JB, Avenged’s roadie.

Jealous?

No.

Yes, you are. Look at them. You know you want her back Robert. You know she looks gorgeous in that dress and you know it would look even better on the floor of your hotel room.

Shut up. For real.

I shook my head at the crazy thoughts and tried to focus on August, who seemed to be getting annoyed with me.

“Who is she?” She asked snottily.

“Who?” I asked.

“The girl you’ve been staring at for the past ten minutes.”

“No one.”

“Bullshit Rob.” She grabbed my hand and pulled me across the room to where Maylene was standing with JB.

Oh shit. August feels like making a scene today.

“Um, who are you?” August asked Maylene.

Maylene raised an eyebrow, “Maylene. Who are you?”

“August. I’m pretty sure you know Rob is MY boyfriend. So I really need to know why he keeps staring at you,” She said.

Maylene looked at me, “You were staring at me? I really though you didn’t want anything to do with me.”

“Maylene, I’m sorry about before.”

She shrugged, “It was my fault so I’m the one who is sorry.”

“What the hell is going on?” August interrupted.

Maylene hates being interrupted.

“Um, excuse me, we’re having a conversation, but if you must know, Rob and I had a thing long before you came to be around and I screwed up.”

“Then why are you here?” She questioned.

I’d like to know that too, not that I’m not happy to see her, but still.

“Well, I wanted to support Rob and I missed him.”

August laughed, “Well, you should get over that fast you little slut. Rob is mine.”

“Did you just call her a slut?” I asked.

“Yeah, I didn’t stutter.”

JB was holding Maylene back from hitting her.

“The only person here that is a slut is you, August. I know you’re cheating on me with Penn Badgley. I’m not stupid.”

August scoffed at me, “Whatever. You’re not good in bed anyway.”

And then she stormed off. That comment kind of embarrassed me though.

“Eh, it’s okay Rob. I think you’d be amazing in bed,” Maylene said and then covered her mouth.

JB laughed, “Did you just really say that?”

“Haha, yeah, she did,” I said.

“Such a perv,” JB snickered.

“Well, okay, first of all, who do I live with? Second of all, look at him. I mean, come on,” Maylene cried.

We all just cracked up and then Maylene hugged me.

It felt nice having her in my arms again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I met Jack Barakat!