Status: Believe me, my tiny little group of readers, I'm not giving this one up. Updates are going to start surfacing on a regular basis, just lemme get college application stuff out the way first. Kinda important. ::tehe:

The Technicolor Daydreamer; Folie A Deux.

Neuf.

Light brown. Gray-blue. Blue-gray. Green-gray. Black.

The lighthouse's lamps, switching colors as fast as the waves hit me.

I rolled with them like a Frankie rag doll, pulled underwater easily. The opal-colored bubbles escaped from my lungs, and as I was somehow watching under the dimly-lit surface, the salty, strangely rust-scented liquid stinging my eyes, the bubbles gradually morphed into swirls of pixie dust...then liquefied into blood.

Thick, dark blood that started changing the water around it into the same thing. I tried to swim away, but the bloody fog just followed me until I was being churned back and forth in a thick ocean of the substance.

Mostly focused on trying to breathe, I flailed around pitifully--the lighthouse was growing increasingly distant, its light bouncing murkily off the surface, and there was endless blood in all directions--until I distinctly felt something grip my ankle.

Another cold hand with a corpse's touch grabbed my arm, and another, until hands everywhere were savagely ripping at my clothes while I tried to fight them off. I was screaming and gasping for untainted air as my clothes were shredded violently, exposing my skin to the icy, needle-like sea of the unspeakable stuff. The hands hungrily pulled me under, in the middle of a eyes-wide scream that was more like a maddened shriek, filling my mouth with the surrounding liquid--

I regained consciousness with a loud whimper, my entire body quivering and covered in sweat.

Ohh. Thank God,. Sweat. Not blood, I was covered in sweat.

My heart thudded in my ears, now that adrenaline was flowing coolly to it in a steady, nauseating stream.

Agh. No way i'd get back to sleep now.

Strangely alert, I sat up with a cough and tugged the twisted jumble of sheets off of me.

I squinted at the hazy lime numbers on the clock: 4:00 AM.

I need some fresh air.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, please?

I need some input.

<3