Let's Hear It for America's Pastime

Hanging on Your Tongue, Boiling in My Blood

[title credit goes to Decode by Paramore]

It wasn't until the girls showed up that Pete got really obnoxious.

"Aren't you the most adorible little asian in the world!" he exclaimed to James, who looked possitivly livid. Aja, on the the other hand, was laughing behind her hand.

"Shut up, Wentz. NO one likes," she told him, sending Ajaand me into another round of laughter. Pete gave his best pout.

"My family loves me," he claimed.

"Bronx is a baby. How do you know he's not rolling his eyes and thinking 'Wow. My dad's a dope'?"

I couldn't stop it. Laughter bobbled from my stomach and caused me to double over, clenching my sides for support. James sent me a smirk while Pete glared, stalking off to talk to Sandra and Isla. When I'd finally calmed down enough to breathe, Aja and James made thier way over to me.

"Okay, I'll admit that was clever, but it wasn't that funny," James said. "Why are you still laughing?"

"Because that's exactly what I've been telling him sinse that boy was born. I almost feelb ad for poor Bronx," I explained. Aja smiled and looked over my shoulder to where I knew Pete was. As soon as her eyes focused, her smile faded.

"Uhm... Patrick? Were you planning on letting Peter anywhere near Liz? I hear you two arguing about that earlier..."

Oh hell no.

It was true, me and Pete had... discussed the terms on which he'd get to meet Liz. I figured the two together would create nothing but absolute hell for me, so I instantly concluded that it just wouldn't happen.

I whirled around to find a mischievious looking Pete talking to an irritated looking... Liz. My brain may have exploded. I don't know... all I remember was me yelling a certain string of profanitites and running over to their sides as quickly as humanly possible.

I was freaking out to say the least.

"Hey Liz..." I panted, trying to catch my breath. "I see you've met Pete."

She flipped her long hair over her shoulder. "Sadly, yes."

"Aw come on! Why don't any of your girlfriends ever like me? Not even her!" Pete complained, pointing at Liz. She rolled her eyes.

"Well, Patrick, if you were worried about him giving me bad ideas, don't be. I'm already messed up enough."

And with that, she turned on her heels to talk to Kristine and Alicia (who seemed to be close friends). I glanced back at Pete who, for once, looked genuinly hurt.

"What did you do?

"I... nothing. That I don't usually do anyway. Actually... I didn't even know that was her until you came over. I think she hates me," he said, running a hand through his hair. "Okay... I know I'm an ass, but sheesh."

I silently agreed.

"She's probably just hungover," I tried. Pete laughed a little.

"I'm going to talk to Ray and Mitch. They like me. Kind of..."

"Sure thing Pete. I'll be..." I looked around. Mr. Prissy was explaining something to James, Aja, and Isla, who were getting ready for their pictures. Sandria was talking to Drea...

"Actually... I'm coming with you.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh. SHORT.

life's crazy right now.

go read Patrick's blog and you'll know why. just reading it makes me feel rushed. that guy is crazy busy right now. sheesh.

anyways, i hope you like it. it's mostly a filler. like... one or two important lines.

much love,
-lizzzzyzzy