Let's Hear It for America's Pastime

I Can't Comprehend Me Without You

[title credit goes to London Bridges by This Is Ivey League.]

((TIME LAPSE!!))

Extravagant dresses, itchy suit tie, and nine roses left... oh boy.

Today was the first group date, and I was taking the girls out to a fancy resraunt Mr. Prissy had picked out. Afterwords, we would be heading back to the mansion to swim. Again... oh boy.

Lucky for me, Pete had to go home for family and FNmtv. As much as I loved him, I still thanked the Lord when he sadly waved from the taxi window.

Now I sat in the plush seat of a gaint limo, surrounded my pretty girls and glasses or chamaign. I made a mental note to talk to Mr. Prissy about the alcohol. On one side of me, Isla sat with her ankles crossed in front of her. To my left was Mitch, smiling and laughing at something James had said. Drea and Liz sat across from me, both of their eyes boring into my skull. Drea seemed to be trying to figure me out (and succeeding) while Liz just looked down right irritated. I tried to ignore them.

"Patrick? You alright?"

My head snapped up and I looked at Isla, a worried frown on her face. I nodded.

"Huh? Oh... yeah. Just zoning. H-how are you?" I asked, feel (yet again) like a complete idiot for my lack of small talk skills. Or just social skills in general. Isla didn't seem to mind, though, as she smiled warmly up at me.

"Very good. You?"

"I--I think I'm alright. I'm definitely not used to any of this, though. I thought for sure there'd be 24 whores and maybe one semi-decent person," I laughed along with her. "Really though, I'm so happy all of you were chosen. I couldn't have picked better myself."

Isla nodded, some soft hair falling in her face. I moved to tuck the strand behind her ear, causing a slight blush to cross her cheek. My heart sped up. God, she's so cute.

"There's a lot of amazing people here. I'm sure one of them is bound to be perfect for you," she told me, slumping against the seat and sighing. I grinned at her.

"Don't look so glum. You're in my top five, I promise."

She giggled lightly and looked down at her hands, which were tangled in her lap. I put one hand over hers.

"Really. I mean it. No low self-esteem, or I-just-want-you-to-be-happy. Trust me, I like you enough already," I admitted.
♠ ♠ ♠
oooo. Islaaaa. ^-^

so, now it's getting to the getting to know each person part.

Oh, you read for it?
COME ON BRING IT!!

next chapter for randsom. five comments please and thank you. I LOVE YOU ALL!

-lizzy