Let's Hear It for America's Pastime

Oh Mr. Magazine, I Never Wrote One Single Thing

"Patrick!" someone whispered in my ear as soon as I sat down. I jumped. Some of the camera men snickered beside me, reminding me of their unwelcomed presence.

Ignoring the amused boys and resisting the urge to flip them off, I turned to see who hadsaved inurrupted me. LIz stood behind the plush couch, a fruity looking drink in hand. She seemed uneasy next to all the buff athletic girls whom I was sure could easily snap her in half.

"Yes?" I asked her. The sound of my voice brought her back to herself, her eyes rolling and her hand flicking away hair on her shoulder. I can't say I didn't miss the anxious Liz. Without another word, Liz took my hand and pulled me out of my seat.

"What the h-" she cut me off, putting one slender finger to my lips. She pulled me along, leading me to the one place I was utterly terrified of going.

"Yeah. Okay. You'd rather be with the girls who have more muscle than you and me combined, I'm sure. But there's someone I want you to meet," she told me, taking a small sip of her sugary drink and slowing a little. "You might like her."

"Then why are you introducing me to her?" I wondered aloud. Liz laughed and turned to face me, stopping in her tracks.

"I may seem like a... scratch that, I know I'm a heartless snob. But if you think that's all there is to me, then you're dead wrong. I do nice things ever once in a while."

I couldn't help but smile at Liz's unpredictable personality. It reminded me of Pete so much I almost asked her if she was somehow related. It made me a little homesick too...

When we finally reached the bar, Liz tapped someone's shoulder.

"Hey, Sandria, told you I could get Patrick to come and talk to y--" she stopped, giggling.

The girl turned around, sporting an arched eyebrow. She had the loveliest shade of skin I'd ever seen. It was pure chocolate.

"Uhm... you okay?" she asked the dying Liz between us. No, seriously, she was doubled over in hysterics by now.

"I-" Liz took a deep breath, "I can't believe... that I just said Patrick... came..."

And that was it. She was on the floor, laughing so hard she couldn't breath.

I looked up from the girl on the floor to look at Sandria. It frustrated me that I coulnd't remember her at all. I held my hand out to her.

"Hey. Sorry I haven't been over here much... everyone is just a little... exuberant."

Sandria took my hand in hers, laughing lightly. By now, Liz was on her feet, dusting herself off and heading in another direction.

"That's alright. I don't really know how I ended up here... I just did," she said. "You can sit down if you want. Trust me, the girls are harmless when you're around, just don't trust them too much."

I smiled graciously and sat down next to her.

Thank you, God, for sending me yet another sane person. You have no idea how much this means to me. I prayed silently.

It was true, the more sane people I met, the easier my life got.

That is, of course, until the producer told me I had to go into another room and decided who was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so short! i sort of have no time...

and another apology for not updating in forever ago...

i'll try to update more often, i swear. ^-^

comment please???

-lizzzy