Status: Complete

I Never Meant to Hurt You

Oprah Winfrey's show

~~3 days later~~

“Are you sure about this?” I asked Jared for the millionth time that day.

“I am.” Jared said seriously.

I signed and I helped him carry his stuff to the car, he drove to the airport and we immediately went to a gate from where they would catch a direct plain to Alaska with all the crew.

“Sis!” Shannon yelled happily putting his backpack in the ground and running towards me playfully.

“Shannimal!” I yelled back running towards him laughing.

Then two arms involved my body tightly.

“Ready for this?” He asked.

“For letting you guys go to the melting icebergs? No.” I said.

“That’s our Paty.” Shannon chuckled.

“What will you do in these weeks?” Tomo asked.

“I have an Oprah Winfrey invitation and the play.” I said.

“Guys it’s our time.” Shannon said looking sadly at me.

I did my best to smile.

“Okay guys cheer up you are going to make the most crazy video ever!” I said excitedly smiling at them.

“Oh Paty…” Tomo said hugging me.

“Behave alright Tomo?” I said kissing his cheek.

“BEAR HUG!” I yelled hugging Shannon has tightly has I could.

I really loved him, not just because of Jared but also because Shannon and I became good friends.

“Take care bear.” Shannon said kissing my forehead and softly pushing me against Jared.

“Come on Hun! Excitement?” I said trying to cheer Jared but he seemed very depressed.
Suddenly he pulled me towards him planting a very gentle kiss in my lips.

“I love you.” He said.

“I love you too my arctic blue eyes.” I smiled kissing him.

We broke apart and Jared left smiling. I turned my back sighing but surprisingly I didn’t want to cry, I felt that this was right and if I had stopped them I would have done the most awful thing in the world.

I took my cell phone out and I had 1 message.

‘You’d be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much’ From JL at 10.30 am.

I smiled.

‘When everything is meant to be broken I want you to know who I really am’ I replied back signing.

~~7 days later~~

“Hello Patrícia.” Oprah Winfrey greeted while I stopped texting Jared.

It had been a week since they left and I hadn’t been able to call so I texted instead, Jared texted back as much as he could but I was busy myself so sometimes I just texted him goodnight.

“Hello Oprah it’s very nice to meet you. Please call me Paty.” I smiled shaking her hand.

I was in Oprah’s backstage in Chicago, the show would be aired in 30 minutes. I had a cream blouse and a pair of black pants with black high heels.

“Let me see it.” Oprah said grabbing my hand.

“Beautiful.” She said examining the ring while I blushed.

Than everything happened very fast, Oprah disappeared into a dressing room she changed quickly and she entered live.

“Hello everyone. Today we have a debut in the show, Paty is stopping by and I am looking forward for this conversation.” She said while the audience applauded.

“So in the past year we’ve been hearing about a new actress who as been giving a show off her talent around Hollywood. Her first movie was ‘The Girl’ by Tim Burton…” Oprah started then a movie still appeared, in this one Johnny and me speaking.

“Then she worked with 3 of the most famous comedians in movies, Mike Myers, Adam Sandler and Steve Carrel in ‘Love upside down’ a comedy full of romance, she was a part of the movie hit Mamma Mia and her latest movie, an adaptation of Howl’s Moving Castle is one of the most seen movies in America! So let’s welcome Patrícia Marques!” She said when the clip was over and I entered the stage smiling but surprised at the same time at the huge audience.

I kissed Oprah cheeks and I sat on the sofa looking around.

“First of all how are you?” Oprah said.

“Excited!!” I said smiling widely while everyone in the audience chuckled.

“I feel like a little child in a candy store.” I laughed while Oprah also laughed grabbing my hand.

“I don’t even know how to start this because your life seems like a fairytale for many young girls.” She said.

“And it is, I still can’t believe what happened in a space of a year. My life turned upside down, I met amazing people, I did wonderful things that I never imagined possible.” I said.

“Tell me about your first movie, directed by Tim Burton.” She said while a picture of me and Collin appeared from the premiere.

“I was very nervous about it, Tim had been always been my favorite director and he still his. Combine my excitement about Tim with the fact that Johnny Depp was also involved as so as Anthony Hopkins, Colin Farrell and Jared.” I said.

“I watched the movie a week after it premiered and I loved your performance it was very real and your relationship with Johnny trespassed just the friend part, you really seemed a father and a daughter.” She said.

“It’s true, Johnny became a very good friend of mine. I spent a week with his family in their house in France and they are all very unique human beings.” I said.

“What was it like to work with Anthony Hopkins? I know you admire him for a long time.”

“Anthony has been an inspiration since the first time I saw Hannibal the Cannibal. He is the only actor who causes chills in my spine because of fear, I told him that and he laughed. I remember that he told me a lot of things that I was should be even more outgoing because sometimes I tend to become shy when I have an opportunity to show my abilities.” I said.

“And about Mamma Mia? It was a surprised no one imagine your voice would sound this amazing!” Oprah said and then a bit of ‘Honey, Honey’.

“I surprised myself.” I laughed.

“Mamma Mia was a great experience, I learned a lot about myself, I met amazing actors and Greece is extremely beautiful.” I said.

“Now let’s get personal honey.” Oprah said making everyone giggle including me.

“I knew you would do this.” I said widening my eyes.

“So how is he?” Oprah asked smiling.

“He’s okay, being creative as always.” I said smiling.

“How long have you been separated?” Oprah asked.

“Well the longest time was… 3 weeks. I don’t see him in 7 days.” I said.

“Tell us about Jared.” Oprah smiled sweetly.

“Jared… well he is amazing, that’s the first thing I can say. He is very true, very kind hearted, a little crazy, unique. Everything he does in the interviews and in the shows is Jared, he never pretends that’s really him, joking all the time and just having fun while working in the things he most loves.” I said.

“Isn’t she lovely when she talks about him? Your eyes are sparkling!” Oprah said.

I blushed, smiling nervously.

“How did you meet?” Oprah asked.

“It was pure fate at least that’s what I think because I wasn’t stalking him!” I said laughing.

“I was in Paris and being my clumsy person I tripped bumping into someone, you can guess who that someone was.” I said.

“JARED!” Oprah cheered raising our arms in the air while everyone laughed.

“I am going to be honest with you Paty, in whole Hollywood I think you are one of the youngest celebrities who makes the cutest couple with a Hollywood actor. I really like seeing you and Jared together despite everything that has been happening in the media for these months.” Oprah said.

“Yes and I guess everyone knows what is my opinion on paparazzi and rumors or scandals I just can’t understand what goes on those people’s heads.” I said.

“I know what you mean, both of us and also my friend Justin Timberlake have the same kind of opinion. He actually deals with them well.” She said.

“I am still learning and while my temper gets a hold of me they take their shots.” I said.

“Tell me about teenager Paty.” Oprah asked.

“I was a dreamer and I still am and I believe I will always be a dreamer. I loved movies, I loved the theater, I loved music, and I loved just being with my friends. I loved to laugh and to travel. Many of those things are still present in my personality.” I said.

“You fought an eating disorder when you were a teenager even before your mother’s death.” Oprah said.

“I was always an overweight child and after my mom passed away I tried to lose that weight it wasn’t anything near easy, I actually gained first and then I started dropping pounds.” I explained.

“I just wanted to eat.” I said my eyes filling with tears.

“I felt very depressed and trapped inside a box. Nobody noticed my appetite they just noticed my weight getting extremely dangerous for my age. So I just looked at myself and I decided that I needed to change for me.” I said wiping the tears away.

“You are brave and for that please audience.” Oprah said while everyone clapped.

“Who would you like to work with soon?” Oprah asked.

“I hope Jared, Jim Carrey, Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman and Heath Ledger.” I said.

“Big names.” Oprah said.

“I want to grow up as much as I can so I want to meet everyone of them.” I said.

“Now we have a surprise. Someone will join us from a live webcast from somewhere unknown in the world.” Oprah announced while we stood up and walked to the main stage.

A flat screen was there and suddenly an iceberg appeared and my eyes widened.

“Hello Oprah.” Jared said waving.

“AH!!” I yelled covering my mouth while Oprah laughed grabbing my hand.

“Look who I have here Jared!” Oprah said.

“Hi sweet cheeks.” Jared said while everyone said ‘ow’.

“Hi blue eyes.” I said smiling.

He had a warm scarf around his neck, and we could only see his face because he had a jacket on with the hoodie in his head keeping him warm. His eyes were the same beautiful blue shade, he had a little beard growing nothing very big and behind him it was snowing.

“Jared as been accompanying the show from the beginning and he made a little journalism work for us on ‘How to describe Paty’.” Oprah said and then Jared’s face disappeared and a video started.

“Hello everyone, hi sweet cheeks. Oprah asked me to describe you and to be honest I can’t so I decided to join Shannon and Tomo and we will try to tell how you are. So this is one of Paty’s corners of the house, the pin collection. She has from every country we have visited and a curious thing is that wherever she goes to London she has to buy a new pin she simply loves that place.” Jared said showing my box full of pins.

Then the 3 of them appeared sitting in a white couch all with a face of who just stopped laughing.

“Describing Paty… chocolate bear? She loves hot chocolate and popcorn those are her 2 top foods besides spaghetti and pastas.” Shannon said.

“Paty has the hyena laughter, imagine a mix of Tomo and Shannon and you have her laughter.” Jared said all of them laughing.

Then pictures of us appeared in all kinds of places, beach, visiting countries, just laughing.

“Oh this is good, Paty’s movie collection or should we call it Depp and Burton collection?” Tomo said smiling.

“It has Fight Club too, Troy and Alexander.” Jared informed laughing.

“Coldplay CD’S, U2 CD’S, Bon Jovi CD’S, The Killers, Portuguese bands.” Jared said.

“Paty buys at least 1 CD every month and she goes to about 5 concerts every year including festivals. This year she hasn’t because of work but she’s planning on attending more.” Tomo said showing tickets from previews concerts I had went before starting dating Jared.

“Paty’s stubborn and a good fighter, she’s weaker than us in strength but she kicks our ass with some last minute strategy. Even in games she’s like that!” Shannon laughed.

“When someone proves that she’s wrong she has to a find a way to be right all the time!” Tomo said laughing.

“She’s also shy around people but when they get to know her they get surprised. She’s very energetic and hyper but then she loves to sleep.” Jared laughed

“This is a thriller, thriller night!” They sang then laughing.

Michael Jackson’s video had been a dance between me and Shannon just for a fun and it stuck in their heads.

“Paty loves blue.” Shannon said.

“Paty loves roses.” Jared said.

“And we think she loves us. LOVE YOU BEAR!” Tomo yelled while all of them laughed and I laughed.

“I LOVE YOU GUYS!” I yelled.

“Hyena laughter?” Oprah asked still laughing.

I didn’t hold it and I laughed hysterically, yes the Tomo and Shannon combo.

“Thank you Jared!” Oprah said waving.

“Thanks Oprah, I love you Paty!” Jared yelled.

“I love you too!” I yelled back blowing him a kiss.

“More with Paty after the break.” Oprah said still laughing.

I put my hands in my belly trying to calm down. It looked like Paty encyclopedia.

“Alright in this photo shoot you and Jared seem the most passionate characters ever!” Oprah said when the show re-started and a picture of Jared and I dressed like Howl and Sophie.

“I love Jared’s hair like that.” I giggled.

“I never liked taking pictures but since I started taking pictures for the movies that I’ve been enjoying it.” I said.

“So about that ring do you have any date?” Oprah asked.

“Not yet, neither of us wants to rush anything we are like babies. Taking this very slowly.” I said.

“And what about babies?” Oprah asked smiling.

“Nothing either, we are young and we are still climbing the mountain of our careers and when I get pregnant I want to have full time to dedicate to my son or daughter.” I said.

“That’s no fun.” Oprah giggled.

“Well thank you so much for coming. I know that for you this is all still very new so thank you for coming.” Oprah said.

“Thanks for inviting me.” I smiled.

I caught the first plain back to London to start working on ’Far away lives’ along Alan Rickman.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright maybe a little boring chapter but I had an urge to write this that here it is!

Thank you everyone who comments and subscribs :D